Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEN is reporting that uncontracted Adelaide midfielder Matt Crouch is being chased by St Kilda, Richmond and Melbourne in the upcoming trade period.

I hate him, reckon hes shit

Dangerfield is one of the Top 3-4 players in the competition currently, just like Judd was at the time.
He's one of the favourites for the Brownlow this year and his form at the end of the season was as good as Fyfe's early form.

naaa...Judd was the number 1 player in the comp at the time..he was captaining a team who's other players were off their heads more often than not and producing each week and getting his team to the ultimate prize...he wasnt only a fav for the brownlow he won the f***ing thing and has won everything that was on offer...now when you look at it with a wide angle lense you just might see the difference when weighing up Danger's real deal worth on what he has delivered to his team. having said that he has delivered on "his own reputation" which is what concerns me with dudes like this...if he was a super gun, he would have had an impact on the trophy cabinet by now ;)

Carlton will be pushing for draft picks from us (for Yarran) to then on trade to Ess for Carlisle..
If we can get brisbanes 2nd for astbury and our 2nd, that might almost be enough to get Yarran

I would do Astbury+2nd+3rd for Brisbanes 2nd+3rd picks but not just 2nd q 10 spot upgrade in a weak draft

#12 + Astbury / Redden+#20 would be my preferred
#20 - Bennell ( if they are desperate and they want to get Harley to richmond . If he nominates us)
#30 - Yarran

With Hale getting older and possibly to retire this year - Ben Griffiths to Hawthorn would be a great fit for the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats dont tell the whole story, i watch most of adelaides games and he hasnt impressed me all that much. Really depends what we would get him for.

We have a few small/mid-sized midfielders, dont think we need another. Hes only 180cms, we need 188+ cm mids.
reckon he would be a good pickup

Nope he is only leaving as his homesick not going to come to Melbourne
He's leaving because Freo have offered him big $$$. Terrible form IMO. He was happy as larry at GWS until he got a better offer, now he can't leave quick enough.

Why would Lennon want anything to do with the shithole that is Carlton football club? Their list is one of the worst AFL lists I have ever seen. I honestly think Fitzroy's list in their final years was in better shape. They have no A-graders, not f***ing one. Their closest player to an A-grader is a twenty year old in his second year and he couldn't even win that Mickey Mouse medal that Lewis Taylor, Danyle Pearce and Rhys Palmer won, yet they're pinning all of their hopes on him. Their captain is by far the worst in the AFL and has been a C-grader at best ever since his collision with Dangerfield. And then there's that other twat with the man bun and long sleeves who held the club at ransom by threatening to walk if they didn't pay him overs in his new contract. They stupidly did and he has since done sweet f*** all.

Their list management is diabolical. They've lost Josh Kennedy, Sam Jacobs, Eddie Betts, Shaun Grigg, Mitch Robinson, Jeff Garlett, Jarrad Waite and soon to be Chris Yarran, Dan Menzel, Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson and Matthew Kreuzer. They've brought in duds like Liam Jones, Andy Collins, Cam Wood, Andrejs Everitt and Jason Tutt. And then there's the older players who are either nearing the end of their careers or gone already - Kade Simpson, Andrew Walker, Dale Thomas, Chris Judd and Andrew Carrazzo. They literally have no one. If Lennon wants to go there he must have rocks in his head because I wouldn't be surprised if they go through the whole of 2016 without winning a single game.

So (have not read all of the last 17,233 posts re trade...) - who is the best clearance player available to trade in?
Should be our number 1 priority as well as a mid-20's ruckman.
Jack Redden IMO the most attainable.

(This is how I imagine SOS hopes trade talks will go.)

Blair: Hi SOS, just popped in to have a chat about getting young Yarran across. Obviously there has been some tension between both club and player and we believe it would be in everyone's best interests to sort out a trade as quickly as possible.

SOS:
giphy.gif

Blair: Ah... yeah, right. So, after looking at Yaz's previous few seasons we've decided to largely ignore his form from this year and weighted 2014 and 2013 equally. We think our second draft pick is reasonable. You're aware we've met with Chris and he has made it quite clear that after the stresses of this year, everyone wins if we can get this deal done as quickly and smoothly as possible.

SOS:
giphy.gif

Blaire: Um... surely you don't mean that? I mean, let's be blunt, both of ours clubs are focused on more pressing matters, this trade seems pretty clear. Chris has completely checked out these last few months, I mean, he was clearly dialling it in from the twos towards the end. No one, and I mean not a single person, benefits from dragging this out.

SOS:
giphy.gif

Blair: Right... Ok, we are a reasonable organisation. We have recently been made aware Lennon would like to play for your outfit. As baffling as this decision is to us, what would you be willing to give in return? I would have thought Yarran was a given but what else would we get?

SOS:
giphy.gif

Blair: ...can we at least have Lennon back?

SOS:
giphy.gif

We have to fill the 6 spots left by Newman, Knights, Foley, Petterd, McDonough, and Arnot, right?

So if we're not attacking the draft this year, how are we going to fill those 6 spots by trading our players and picks for opposition players? i.e. Astubury for Yarran for example?

I can't see us drafting/upgrading more than 3/4 players, which means 2/3 will have to be traded for where we don't lose a player.

Is there another scenario that I'm missing here?
depending on who we get via trade/FA we have the option of delisting others further after that to allow us the # of Draft picks we need/want. all depends on trade/FA

Why would Lennon want anything to do with the shithole that is Carlton football club? Their list is one of the worst AFL lists I have ever seen. I honestly think Fitzroy's list in their final years was in better shape. They have no A-graders, not f***ing one. Their closest player to an A-grader is a twenty year old in his second year and he couldn't even win that Mickey Mouse medal that Lewis Taylor, Danyle Pearce and Rhys Palmer won, yet they're pinning all of their hopes on him. Their captain is by far the worst in the AFL and has been a C-grader at best ever since his collision with Dangerfield. And then there's that other twat with the man bun and long sleeves who held the club at ransom by threatening to walk if they didn't pay him overs in his new contract. They stupidly did and he has since done sweet f*** all.

Their list management is diabolical. They've lost Josh Kennedy, Sam Jacobs, Eddie Betts, Shaun Grigg, Mitch Robinson, Jeff Garlett, Jarrad Waite and soon to be Chris Yarran, Dan Menzel, Tom Bell, Lachie Henderson and Matthew Kreuzer. They've brought in duds like Liam Jones, Andy Collins, Cam Wood, Andrejs Everitt and Jason Tutt. And then there's the older players who are either nearing the end of their careers or gone already - Kade Simpson, Andrew Walker, Dale Thomas, Chris Judd and Andrew Carrazzo. They literally have no one. If Lennon wants to go there he must have rocks in his head because I wouldn't be surprised if they go through the whole of 2016 without winning a single game.

Sometimes $ talk with players .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back