Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since Bell wants to go to the Lions and no way they trade their 2nd rounder since its for academy kids.

Lions
In: Bell Astbury
Out:Aish

Carlton
In: collingwood and Richmond 2nd rounders and oxley/seedsman
Out: Yarran Bell

Collingwood
In: Aish
Out 2nd rounder and oxley/seedsman

Richmond
In:Yarran
Out:Astbury and 2nd rounder.

Maybe some other pick exchanges to as I think the pies get off a bit light.
sounds like we are getting ripped a new one

IF, and I stress IF because I understand your board won't entertain the idea, but IF it came down to your first round pick or Ben Lennon, which would you prepare to lose for Yarran?

I think Lennon is worth more to you than your first round pick.

This is purely hypothetical obviously, and could be way off the mark. Just interested to hear your thoughts.

IF, and I stress IF because I understand your board won't entertain the idea, but IF it came down to your first round pick or Ben Lennon, which would you prepare to lose for Yarran?

This is purely hypothetical obviously, and could be way off the mark. Just interested to hear your thoughts.
It's difficult to compare as we don't know who they have earmarked for pick 12, if anyone at all.

The answer is pass on Yarran.

Agree that i'd rather give up our 1st in a shallow draft than Benny Lennon, but either would be madness for a player with significant attitude/application issues.

Our first wont be on the table when the Yarran deal is done. We will be floating it in front of GWS for Treloar until he has been traded to us or the pies.

Easy. We just don't get Yarran because he's not worth that

Who is this Ellis-Lolman?
From the Crows, 22 years old (will be 23 by the start of next season)
189cm, 94kg midfielder
Played 12 of the first 14 games of this season but only played the one game as sub after Walsh passed away. Other than that game, once Camporeale took over the team he never got another look in.

Averaged
16 disposals
2.1 marks
4.8 tackles
9.1 contested possessions
67.6 disposal efficiency (not too bad for an inside mid)
2.8 inside 50s
4.1 clearances per game

Also note that those averages per game are reduced by a couple of times where he was subbed. He was subbed off against Carlton and then his last two games he was the sub so got much reduced numbers

He had season highs of 24 disposals against Collingwood, 10 tackles against Port, 15 contested possessions against Freo & 8 clearances against Port.
Given he only played 1 game in 2014, its a pretty good first proper year

I agree - I would much prefer Lennon if it came down to he or our first rounder, I reckon he will be a very high quality player.

Yarran is not worth either option though IMO...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Crows, 22 years old (will be 23 by the start of next season)
189cm, 94kg midfielder
Played 12 of the first 14 games of this season but only played the one game as sub after Walsh passed away. Other than that game, once Camporeale took over the team he never got another look in.

Averaged
16 disposals
2.1 marks
4.8 tackles
9.1 contested possessions
67.6 disposal efficiency (not too bad for an inside mid)
2.8 inside 50s
4.1 clearances per game

Also note that those averages per game are reduced by a couple of times where he was subbed. He was subbed off against Carlton and then his last two games he was the sub so got much reduced numbers

He had season highs of 24 disposals against Collingwood, 10 tackles against Port, 15 contested possessions against Freo & 8 clearances against Port.
Given he only played 1 game in 2014, its a pretty good first proper year
OK - not a bad resume...
Does he want to go?

Lennon to me is untouchable. He has the Patrick Crisp build, sound hand and foot skills and, at 18, is still about 4 years away from his best football. Frankly I don't want to lose either for Yarran. I'd love to have Yarran of course but his on field behaviour this year, particularly in the second half of the season, leaves me a more than a bit underwhelmed. Contrast his disinterest over many games with the professionalism of Henderson who, while having committed to leaving the club, still performed to the best of his ability. Yarran would be an asset but his presence alone won't be the difference to our chances for a top four finish in 2016. If push came to the proverbial shove, I'd keep our first round pick and focus on developing some of the extremely promising talent we already have.

I think a deal would of already been agreed to
He wouldnt of put that post on Instagram if it hadnt IMO.
Seems to be the case with a lot of our players... Even though I don't think we're allowed too, that's what you get with Trigg ;)

I see both sides of the argument, so I am really interested to see what happens with this trade.

Carlton - Pick 6 and over 100 games, under age of 25. Expectation: Lennon, first round pick type of value.

Richmond - Clear attitude problems, has gone backwards. Expectation: Griffiths, second round pick type of value.

I really don't see a middle ground for both sides of supporters, so at this stage, one group of supporters isn't going to be happy.

Who knows, maybe a third or fourth team may be involved.

Best of luck, sorry to intrude.

Seems to be the case with a lot of our players... Even though I don't think we're allowed too, that's what you get with Trigg ;)

I see both sides of the argument, so I am really interested to see what happens with this trade.

Carlton - Pick 6 and over 100 games, under age of 25. Expectation: Lennon, first round pick type of value.

Richmond - Clear attitude problems, has gone backwards. Expectation: Griffiths, second round pick type of value.

I really don't see a middle ground for both sides of supporters, so at this stage, one group of supporters isn't going to be happy.

Who knows, maybe a third or fourth team may be involved.

Best of luck, sorry to intrude.
Appriciate that you rate Yarren highly but lets lay out the facts...
He was taken at pick 6 in the draft.....Jarrod Oakley Nicholls was taken at pick 8....where you where taken means jack after a couple of years.
Played over 100 games...good on him.
He can light it up on the field but is inconsistant.
There is absolutley no way that we will trade Lennon or our 1st pick for Yarren. If he was consistant, then fair enough. But he isnt.
I think a deal of our 2nd round picks from this year and next for Yarren and your 3rd next year. Next years draft is rated highly apparently.
Or Griffiths/Astbury and our 2nd this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back