Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are lacking in the inside, so unless we are getting someone like redden though Astbury's request to go to Brisbane, I wouldn't do it. Need both inside and silk, conca for yarran would be like robbing Pete to pay paul
Wot?
Astbury has requested Brisbane?

We are lacking in the inside, so unless we are getting someone like redden though Astbury's request to go to Brisbane, I wouldn't do it. Need both inside and silk, conca for yarran would be like robbing Pete to pay paul
Right, but Carlton supporters don't necessarily want to lose Yarran either
I'd have it as Lennon > Pick 12 > Conca > Pick 30 + knives > Pick 30
The bolded is what Yarran is worth for our club IMO

I'm not sure whether he has been covered in the previous volumes of trade and free agency discussion but what are people's thoughts on Andrew Moore. A high draft pick from 2009, clearly can't break into Port's midfield and is depth only. Is he a tagger, inside or outside, is he a biggin, what would he cost, maybe a third rounder if not free agent. AFL website says that he has had outstanding form at SANFL level.

Griffiths clear attitude problems, 2nd rounder, yeah right dream on.

Try first and is a keeper!

Happy for Yarran to stay at CFC, FA in 2016

You see both sides of what argument? And you are a CFC board with enough interest to comment on rhe RFC board lol!
the clear attitude problem is our rating of Yarran, thats what his argument there was

I'm not sure whether he has been covered in the previous volumes of trade and free agency discussion but what are people's thoughts on Andrew Moore. A high draft pick from 2009, clearly can't break into Port's midfield and is depth only. Is he a tagger, inside or outside, is he a biggin, what would he cost, maybe a third rounder if not free agent. AFL website says that he has had outstanding form at SANFL level.

He's pretty meh. Would rather we went after Ellis-Yolmen or Redden.

Right, but Carlton supporters don't necessarily want to lose Yarran either
I'd have it as Lennon > Pick 12 > Conca > Pick 30 + knives > Pick 30
The bolded is what Yarran is worth for our club IMO
I don't think the club would consider moving on a player who fills a need, someone like McBean for yarran would be much more logical, we have a surplus in forward/rucks, but a gaping hole for defensive inside mids.

Conca probably is equivalent in value to yarran, but just because the value is the same doesn't mean a trade should be entertained, conca fills a need.

The pies have already offered there first pick this year which well and truly trumps ours. The question is, does their first this year and 2nd next year beat our 2 x 1st rounders on the table?

My gut feel is it very well might.

Top 6 pick and mid 20's pick (possibly)
v
2 x teens picks (likely)

Tough one
I suspect this depends on what years GWS needs the points for their academy players, as we know they have a few.
For example if their own 1st rounder plus ours is enough for this year, then they may not rate this years draft enough to want a 2nd round pick, especially if they know they will be short on points in 2016 when they will have more academy picks.

Wouldn't discount the Swans with Shaw retiring and Jetta likely to leave.
I know the AFL lifted the restrictions a little for the swans, but I think they were only allowed to bring in 1 player of up to $450k in value.
If Leunenberger goes there then I suspect that will be the only one they are allowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on Yarran yet. I definitely wouldn't be moving heaven on earth to get him although he is definitely a talent and if he was consistent would be a great addition off half back/midfield.

I'm also not sure about Lennon. If he's playing hardball with his contract and has requested a trade to Carlton then so be it. There is a 4 year difference between Yarran and Lennon age wise so considerable. I do rate Lennon very highly though - everytime I've seen him play he has been class when he has the ball. He's probably one of our best kicks and is a great mark for his size. He really is a skilled footballer. If we can keep Lennon I would prefer we did and went after Bennell via another route. If we can get Yaz "cheaper" then I'm all for it.

On Conca - Injury prone and is somewhat a battler at the moment. We could get something pretty decent for him. Yes he fills a "need" although how good is he at the moment in addressing those needs?

Anybody suggesting Griffiths is worth a first round pick is dreaming.
Second round at best.
Griff is worth around pick 20. If they don't get McCarthy, Freo might even offer their first rounder. Not that it matters, he won't be traded.

wonder how much value astbury holds to other clubs such as the lions. ideally if we could land redden (he wants to go to west coast) with him with us throwing in a second rounder, im not sure if it'd be enough to be honest and it'd make trading for yarran harder.

astbury to lions for their second

lions second to carlton for yarran? we then keep our original second round pick.

I'd send our first to freo for weller. giving freo two 1st rounders to lure mcarthy from gws.

Swans need picks for their academy kids so rule them out.
Plus all those club 2nd round pick is higher than ours. Including Eagles and Freo

Swans only have Mills as a first rounder this year, plus they'll pick up a pick for Jetta which they may on trade for Yarran.

Hawks might use their first pick or maybe crows or them offer next years 2nd pick which has more value in a stronger draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back