Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why wouldn't we indeed? But it looks like Gibbs is gone according to the latest rumours, & GWS expect to have 2 1st rounders, so I'm just putting 2 & 2 together trying to come up with a realistic trade scenario.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. It's tough trying to connect all the dots and make something realistic.

Considering there have also be comments made that the Lever > Melbourne deal would help with a Gibbs trade, I'm not sure 17 + 35 would be enough for us.

Taking that thought a step further though...I wonder if Adelaide getting 10 for Lever might loosen them up enough to get 17 + their 2018 first rounder for Gibbs. They'd expect to be pushing the GF again.

Assuming they lose Cameron, could throw Buckley in as steak-knives if they want a little more run in their depth.

Initial trades:
Lever to Melbourne for Pick 10.
Cameron to Brisbane for Pick 20.
(Gets Adelaide Fogarty at 10 and whatever they see available at 20)

Opens up:
Gibbs and Buckley to Adelaide for Pick 17 + 2018 first (~17)

- Gives us 17 to send to GWS for Kennedy.
- Add in a future second (call it 25) if they include Smith.
- Late pick (56) for Balic still makes a lot of sense to me.
- Keep Pick 3.
- Bank an extra pick in the first round for next year.

Overall changes:
Out - Gibbs, Buckley, Pick 56, 2018 Pick 25
In - Kennedy, Smith, Balic, 2018 Pick 17
Draft - Pick 3 (Rayner/Dow/LDU), later picks on Penrith/Hickmott/that WA ruckman we apparently like
2018 Draft (assume we finish 12th): Pick 7, Pick 17, Pick 43, Pick 61

Last edited:

We don't need Lever.

Absolute last thing we need is another defender.
He'd immediately be our no.1 defender, can shut down a man or play off and rebound. Would indirectly help our midfield by pushing Docherty/Byrne up the field more. His acquisition would only be a good thing

Rumours are getting pretty disappointing now;)
Best outcome looks to be a Kennedy trade + find a few mids in the draft?
Gibbs is becoming the best mid rumoured to be for trade.

It may not be the premium outcome, but with that we do hold onto this years 1st.

Everyone is singing the same song about Kelly, but I feel it's just the right song for now.
He may well stay put at GWS, but it's not all done yet.

I don't usually put up trade scenarios but ill give it a crack.

Gibbs - Adelaide
Lever - Melbourne
Weideman - Carlton

Thoughts?
Maybe some pick swapping added in.

Yes, we need midfielders too.

He'd immediately be our no.1 defender, can shut down a man or play off and rebound. Would indirectly help our midfield by pushing Docherty/Byrne up the field more. His acquisition would only be a good thing
So? That's irrelevant. Marchbank and Weitering have already shown they'll be gun defenders and Jones/Silvagni are good enough insurance in the meantime to help out those two.

Silvagni has already built our defence for the future with Weitering and Marchbank.

We looked terrible this year when we had a backline filled with talls. Last thing we need is to be throwing away decent currency for another tall defender.

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Hence why I'm on #3 for Kelly boat, all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So? That's irrelevant. Marchbank and Weitering have already shown they'll be gun defenders and Jones/Silvagni are good enough insurance in the meantime to help out those two.
Silvagni has already built our defence for the future with Weitering and Marchbank.
We looked terrible this year when we had a backline filled with talls. Last thing we need is to be throwing away decent currency for another tall defender.

Weitering has no development left in him.....nor Marchbank.....nor Macreadie.
We need another KPD asap. :)

Can you imagine?

SOS: I'm thinking of taking Lever, but it's going to cost us Bolts.
Bolton: Yeah. I don't think I can get any more out of those other guys you've given me.
SOS: Time for a back-line rebuild, Bolts?
Bolton: I think so SOS.

I don't usually put up trade scenarios but ill give it a crack.

Gibbs - Adelaide
Lever - Melbourne
Weideman - Carlton

Thoughts?
Maybe some pick swapping added in.

Yes, we need midfielders too.

Carlton get seriously shafted in that deal, unless we get at least 1 early first round back

He can't shut down. He can intercept with the best of them but isn't accountable nor competent 1v1.

The character thing with Stringer doesn't really bother me. Plenty of premiership teams have had dickheads.

It's his workrate on the track and on gameday that is more important to me. If he can be good there I'd take him but that's a big if.

That's exactly what the "character thing" is though - doesn't work hard unless he reckons it'll get him on the highlight reel.

Goes for ridiculous pack marks and never gets near it, or sits off the back hoping for an easy possession. Don't think I've ever seen him work to create space on an opponent, he just wants the cheap ones.

That's exactly what the "character thing" is though - doesn't work hard unless he reckons it'll get him on the highlight reel.

Goes for ridiculous pack marks and never gets near it, or sits off the back hoping for an easy possession. Don't think I've ever seen him work to create space on an opponent, he just wants the cheap ones.
Character to me is more about the bloke's intelligence, personality, who he hangs with off the field etc.

Ben Cousins was a shady character but his workrate was still ridiculous.

Im talking about players getting their nose out of joint when other players come into a club on mega deals.
Proven or not proven.

I don't buy this way of thinking for a second. It's the nature of the business and the salary cap. Players would have to be thick not to realise the same opportunity is available to them if they're good enough (or they need a new Manager). I think it might even have the complete opposite effect. Players are usually pumped when a big name signs with the club.

...now if that player doesn't commit themselves to the cause, then that's different.

Character to me is more about the bloke's intelligence, personality, who he hangs with off the field etc.

Ben Cousins was a shady character but his workrate was still ridiculous.

Ben was a rather amiable character, a beast on the track and didn't leave anything behind on the field. Different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back