Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Neale deal if done quickly will get things going early this time with Hogan and May to follow. The McGovern deal has the potential to hold things up if Adelaide play hard ball.

I reckon there's already a lot more big name players confirmed moving and others as possibilities this year than any other. There may still be a big name player move who isn't really being discussed.

Lynch, may, Shiel, gaff, Polec, wingard, Lycett, McGovern, setterfield, scrimshaw, Moore, hanneberry, Neale, rohan, lobb etc...

That's got to be the biggest list of big names in any one trade period surely?

There's also plenty of other smaller player deals happening.

Heaps of movement.

Am I the only one who thinks a private plane to Noosa smells a little of desperation?

Should have taken the hovercraft!

Does anyone think the Hawks were that far off it this year?

Top 4 and with a couple of additional players there's nothing to stop them playing in a GF.

Don't forget they have Ryan Burton and Port and Adelaide may have a lot of draft picks to spend on SA talent.

I hate Clarko but he targets players uses the pieces as good as anyone.

It might be that alone that stops GWS trading with them. They want to win a flag, losing Shiel may not make GWS a lot weaker but he could make Hawthorn a hell of a lot stronger and they're both fighting for top 4.
Didn’t think they were all that amazing but if they had another gun midfielder or two I think they would have been far more dangerous.

Which is why I’m confused by some on here being pissed about Shiel going to the Hawks and seemingly bewildered at what the Hawks offer. They are not some shitshow.

Wasn’t there a rumour that we haven’t interviewed Walsh yet?

We have now. We only sent Michael Jordan and Dale Harris though. No SOS, Agresta or Brodie as yet.

Most definitely, I just mean for us diehards on here debating whether the trade is good or not.

I've already seen numerous posters point out his injury as one reason they wouldn't trade pick 1 for him, Shiel and setterfield.

First off let me qualify that I am all for trading pick 1 for Shiel, Setterfield, and Scully. Hopefully with GWS 2018 first coming back somehow but not a deal breaker. Also, I dont watch TAC so Ive got no real idea on Walsh.

But I have to ask the question: Why are GWS so keen on him? I get they have some cap issues but they are deadset keen on pick 1 and have met with Walsh. What are they seeing there? The Old Dark Navy's said he isnt spoken of as a once in a generation player like Lukosius or Rankine. So why the interest?

I'd still do the trade, but I thought I'd address the elephant in the room.

First off let me qualify that I am all for trading pick 1 for Shiel, Setterfield, and Scully. Hopefully with GWS 2018 first coming back somehow but not a deal breaker. Also, I dont watch TAC so Ive got no real idea on Walsh.

But I have to ask the question: Why are GWS so keen on him? I get they have some cap issues but they are deadset keen on pick 1 and have met with Walsh. What are they seeing there? The Old Dark Navy's said he isnt spoken of as a once in a generation player like Lukosius or Rankine. So why the interest?

Maybe Lukosius or Rankine are?

he'd miss and land in brisbane..........

roflmao.gif

Didn’t think they were all that amazing but if they had another gun midfielder or two I think they would have been far more dangerous.

Which is why I’m confused by some on here being pissed about Shiel going to the Hawks and seemingly bewildered at what the Hawks offer. They are not some shitshow.
Because we are all one eyed Carlton and Hawthorn suck.....simple enough that. Footy isnt for rational thinking...f the rest...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we wouldn't.

Scully's ankle injury?

Setterfield highly talented but highly injury prone. The kid has been injured including the 2 previous years to his draft year...

Shiel has about 3-4 years max of peak level footy left in him and we'd be lucky for the 4th year.

Walsh looks the goods for the next decade.

2019 1st + #25 for Shiel + Setterfield. They can keep Scully.

Honestly, the injury history of those players gives me pause too. But the fact is that Walsh is speculative as well. Maybe after two years he'll be a Fisher, or maybe he'll be an SPS, or maybe he'll be a Setterfield. There's no way to know. Getting three quality players for one pick means we spread our risk. Even if, say, Scully conks out after a year or two, Setterfield might come good in a big way and make the trade look like a masterstroke all on his own.

If SOS could somehow do the deal with next year's first instead of this year's, I'd be all for it. But if pick 1 is the price for those three, I'm on board.

True enough.

All things being considered, I'd go to the Hawks.
And I wouldn't base it on the list, I'd base it on the organisation.

The best run clubs play finals, that's the rolled gold truth.

If you are relying on talent alone or a gun coach, you might scoot up there for a bit but eventually the anchor of your clubs admin will drag you down.

Our admin has virtually no history of competence or professionalism.

Am I the only one who thinks a private plane to Noosa smells a little of desperation?
no you are not, but the key is what was discussed on the plane. 2 hour trip no distractions etc.. Footy is not the most important thing in life, there was plenty of time to discuss footy, family future and life after Football ;)

Firstly, why on earth would we need to give away our first pick for those three players? We are competing against Hawthorn who only have pick 16 available. Totally unnecessary and way overs. Show some foresight and patience....we are going nowhere in the next 2 seasons so we must build with quality, no quick fixes with blokes like Scully. This is not the John Elliott era anymore, we are rebuilding and we are doing it the right way.

You’re assuming it’s Walsh that GWS want. Could be Rankine or Lukoskius

The West Wing on Stan. Lots of seasons so you will be sorted until end of the trade period.
As long as you're happy for the film score to tell you how to feel about every moment of the story...

Don't mean to be negative, but it drove me nuts

Speaking of which, did you hear what the pirate said about the steering wheel in his underpants?

Aaargh, it's drivin me nuts

And Dylan Sheil's ours right?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back