Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emperors wear fantastic clothes - until someone calls them for their nakedness...people should read what gardiner stand has put together and have a think forward 2 years - their hubris is going to catch up with them - a tsunami of collapse is coming - Burgoyne and Roughead out will be a tipping point - I hope for Shiel's sake he is a good student of the game and doesn't get sucked into wasting the rest of his career sucking oxygen...

Amazing how every side that has enjoyed success has the best administration and the best this and that and the other thing- talk about confirmation bias :rolleyes:..it is BS to say because Carlton ( as an example ) was actually run by total nuff nuffs for a couple of decades- the nuff nuffs that ran hawthorn are somehow a lot lot lot smarter - in the land of the blind - the one eyed drongo is king...LOL

all Clubs are not for profit organisations run by third and fourth rate macaroons all feeding off the monopoly revenues that come to the AFL from TV rights.

Hawthorn are DESPERATE to keep the mythology going - it is all tetchy have- the draft system works but has delayed the equalisation aspects because of Suns and GWS interventions- artificially boosting teh longevity of those Clubs who happenned to have devekloped lists just before and artificially smashing Clubs like Carlton who didn't.

The reason why it appears that a lot of Clubs are whining about Carlton - is that they know that they are hanging on to relevancy by a thick coat of veneer and bravado. Melbourne/Richmond/Collingwood are stronger than Geelong and Hawforn and EssenDONE/ Brisbane / Carlton aren't far behind -

Also of those 23 or under on their list, only a few have shown much..

Dylan Moore 19 ?
Harry Morrison 19 ?
Jackson Ross 19 ?
James Worpel 19
Mitchell Lewis 19 ?
Blake Hardwick 21 ?
Kieran Lovell 21 ?
Ryan Burton 21
Teia Miles 21
Daniel Howe 22
Marc Pittonet 22 ?
James Sicily 23
Jarman Impey 23
Kurt Heatherley 23 ?
Worpel, Sicily, impey, Burton, Miles (if they keep him), Hardwick and Harry Morrison are all very good players.

Exactly. It’s like buying a house, i had this conversation many times with my Wife when we were in the market.

By all means, picture yourself in the house, any changes you might like to make, consider how your life might look like if you live in that house on that street.

But what you most definitely can’t do under any circumstance is emotionally invest yourself in the house. No showing pictures to your friends, no picking out furniture, etc.

Emotional investment leads to disappointment, when there are so many factors out of our control. If you’re outbid, just pick up the damn property weekly, start circling more houses and move on to the next.
Is That you SOS??

Regards to setterfield,summary of a text I just got
Shiel - Didn’t mention
Setterfield- Essendon’s enquirers with us ( GWS ) has entered another phase.

I have no idea what that means “another Phase”
Texted back to ask,his answer “Trade related” , which I take to mean “ what do we have to do?”

It means Essendons talks with GWS have progressed. Not promissing

Token amount that doesn't mean anything. Was only included because other clubs were crying blue murder.

Other clubs complaining like crazy about all sorts of shit regarding us. We will still be able to trade mature age players for picks. As I said last night those other rumors are bs.
Lo Pan (2).gif

And they played with only one of them for the whole year.

Picks like Hayward, Florent and Ronke were taken much lower than they could have in hindsight. They really know how to pick em.

Easier to bring on young players in an environment where they can run with Buddy, Parker, Kennedy, Grundy, Rampe vs Levi, Kerridge, Graham, Rowe, O’Shea.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still have one of the best admin groups in the league. Success tends to follow on from there.

What did we have in the late 90s?

Agree, this is the key, the administration and the running of the club, if it is sound, the onfield results will stay strong, we have a long way to go before we strut again. Look at the Eagles, I despise them but, hey, credit where credit is due, they sink but rise quickly, yes they are corrupt as well, but the structure is in place to build quickly when things turn sour. (ie Ken Judge calling out the players for their culture problem-quick fall-quick rise) Hawks did the same, quick fall - quick rise.

We can bag all the other clubs as much as we want but we still have a long road to travel to make the others sit up and take notice. I love the fact that we are doing a total rebuild and I like the look of what we are putting together, we can lay out a plan but we must also have flexibility to change our plans if it is for the betterment of the club long term.

Alias of a banned poster and not JK.
Also OR from TC has said this:

Club has not been told anything either way as yet.

If Josh has any info it has come from Paul Connors camp, which is highly unlikely as Connors is close to the Blues and if a decision had been made the Blues would know.

A flog on Facebook has been running with the AFL conspiracy crap for last few hours - grain of salt until AFL or club announce anything. Simply impossible to believe that the AFL could smash a club for transporting a player to an interview in a particular manner.

Worpel, Sicily, impey, Burton, Miles (if they keep him), Hardwick and Harry Morrison are all very good players.
Sicily - awesome footballer top notch
Burton - Good but not great
Hardwicke- average
The rest - nothing special

Compare that group with
Dow
O’Brien
SPS
Kennedy
Cripps
McKay
Charlie
Fisher
Williamson
Pickett
Marchbank
Weitering
Macreadie
Cuningham

Surely Shiel needs to make a decision soon, for the sake of at least 4 or 5 football clubs' supporters?

tenor.gif

He will be Justin Westoff, not Nick Riewoldt, from what I see.

Pass.
Hilarious that you're crapping on the skinny tall, but apparently the skinny small (Walsh) can put on 10-12 kgs and get faster.

There's way more factors involved than that, and mobility at his level means he often doesn't need to be a contested brute. That being said, how he plays and trains can significantly impact this, for example:

1417073327123.jpg

I watched a lot of SANFL this year, and caught a few games of the Eagles/Luko. Unbelievably skilful player for a player of his height, but talk about soft. He hates being tackled and hates tackling... He has Jack Watts written all over him.
Never met anyone who enjoys being tackled by an opponent.

Bloke runs his ass of more than just about any tall I've ever seen, so I doubt he enjoys getting no reward for his efforts either.

Regards to setterfield,summary of a text I just got
Shiel - Didn’t mention
Setterfield- Essendon’s enquirers with us ( GWS ) has entered another phase.

I have no idea what that means “another Phase”
Texted back to ask,his answer “Trade related” , which I take to mean “ what do we have to do?”
You're going to have to clarify that a bit mate... are you saying the Dons have moved onto figuring out a trade with GWS and we haven't?

Solid contributors, though I still don't rate Sicily and the latter three.

Did Trade Radio suggest Jacob Weitering may be involved in a deal for Dylan Shiel?
Turn that shit off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back