Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep exactly what I’m thinking about the Setterfield deal but with SOS he’s always about the bigger picture. He would have a plan and know that he can work around those two seconds going over. Interested in the picks coming back

If we give Adelaide McAdam and pick 24 + 25

And get back our second round pick we gave them last year, I think that’s s good deal.

It add some on top of our original offer we have but just enough to keep Adelaide happy.

Sorry if it has already been mentioned, but who could the big name player that was mentioned in the no disc thread yesterday be? The thing preventing the deal from possibly occurring was a lack of currency, but after missing on shiel that shouldnt be an issue with out 2019 1st still potentially up for grabs

Is this where that Brett Temple fellow gets his shitty sources from? Carlton are better off without Shiel! He’d take up far too much salary for a midfielder who no one considers “Best in the league” type talent.

I think you are underestimating the bomber midfield to be honest. Shiel wont be the only mid that opposition worry about. And, sos and every other club knows that getting a player from another club costs overs but it is a fact of life now. If you dont play the game then you are cutting off a very important recruiting strategy. We were trying and prepared to pay overs for ds, just not our # 1 pick. Take that off the table and we left gws with no choice

I probably am - haven't really rated their midfield for a long time.

As for paying overs, there are a few criteria to consider I guess and then it comes down to degrees of how far you're willing to go with your 'overs'.. I think what we were reputedly offering was beyond the degree of 'overs' I'd be willing to pay for Shiel. My brother thinks I underrate him ... maybe I do (though I think he's a gun). The way it has played out suggests we'd reached the maximum level of what we were willing to offer. I know GWS are unique, but even so, offering a 7 year deal at roughly 1.1 million for a player who is arguably top 5 at their Club, seems a hefty price to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

26 and 28 end up being worth about pick 13 anyway. McAdam is a free hit. That deal isn't as bad as it seems.
Exactly, McAdam cost us nothing

Depends on what the future picks are.
How can you upgrade a future pick when we dont know where either team is going to finish and therefor know where each pick is going to be? unless they are giving us their 1st for our 2nd or their 3rd for our 4th etc how do they know it will be an upgrade?

Graham and Casboult.

Catch 22 situation right there.
AFL's resentment of CFC doesn't help.
How many games have we won in the last four seasons?
Probably about time we stopped blaming the AFL and looked in our own backyard. I’m confident SOS and Co will steer the ship in the right direction, AFAIC the ones that don’t come miss out.

You're missing the most important point which is that Shiel chose the bombers, if he nominated us we would of got the deal done. Same thing happened last season with D.Smith.

I would be picking up J.Bolton with our 3rd/4th rounder if we still have the pick/s. Kennedy will be into his 4th year and should really come on without injury. Same with Lang, he may not be the best footballer but can provide immediate support.

If we can somehow manage to win 8 games then we will have no trouble picking up talent next trade/FA period.

Spot on mate....the talent is on the list now. How bout they get fit and play with some mongrel and some heart....hopefully Russell can get the team strong and fit and ready to compete in 2019.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back