Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We had the same feeling last year and nothing much eventuated.

He has a lot of expectation on him. I reckon if he seals the Setters deal without losing any 1st round picks then he's done well.

I guess that's fair, just seems like there should be more.. i guess its more just a hope than anything else.

Lol at people at wouldnt take Lukosius with pick 2 or 3 if we had them
I would take both SA boys Lukosius and Rankine i
I would give pick 1 and next yrs 1st and Casboult for
2,3 and Martin in a heartbeat
Imagine adding 3 players with the class of
Lukosius,Rankine and Martin

And watch at least Rankine go home in 2021.

For whom?

GC: 1st pick -3 places, 2nd pick -3 places, 3rd pick +11 places, 4th pick +14 places, 5th pick +18 places, 6-8th pick extras in the top 20 (they've currently got 5 in top 30)

Adelaide: 1st pick +7 places, 2nd pick -16 places, 3rd pick -5 places & lose their 4th pick in the top 25 but get Lukscious

Port: 1st pick +8 places, 2nd pick -12 places, 3rd pick -7 places & lose their 4th pick in the top 30 but get Rankine

Carlton: being the good guys that we are still get our guy Walsh and for making it all happen Jack Martin too ;)

Mind you that wasn't a rumor. It was just something that I thought was reasonable if working the entire trades out as it didn't cost us Walsh by moving down.

The Martin rumor came out before my post.
It makes a lot more sense coming as part of that deal than any other trade. See my post above with the gains/losses for each of the other 3 parties and it's not bad for all. All depends on how much Port want Rankine. If they trade Wingard for the WB first pick they would have 2 and something else in the top 10 too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would we have to give up for a Scully, Setterfield and Finlayson deal? Future first + Jones (we pay some salary) + ??

The narrative all year has been to fill the 23-27yr age gap we have and to get Cripps some mature age support. I just get the feeling SOS still has something brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back