Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with him being contracted, just give them the pick and be done

If it ultimately came down to that and if the recruiting department deemed the player they think will be there at ~#10 isn't as good a fit as Papley, then do it.
I don't mind spending for Papley but not to over-spend if the need not be. I still feel if we did have a #10, we'd get something else coming back to us and maybe as simply as Sydney's second for our third. That just feels right.

I also think that any picks within that top 15-20 are worth more now (draft dependent) than maybe what they were before live trading, for the simple fact that you just don't know what you may be able to manufacture with that pick on Draft Night.

Happy to have Ben King, if things take a turn for the worse.

Obviously you wouldn't turn down Ben King.... But if it was possible for a club to not need another super talented tall, young KPP....

If it ultimately came down to that and if the recruiting department deemed the player they think will be there at ~#10 isn't as good a fit as Papley, then do it.
I don't mind spending for Papley but not to over-spend if the need not be. I still feel if we did have a #10, we'd get something else coming back to us and maybe as simply as Sydney's second for our third. That just feels right.

I also think that any picks within that top 15-20 are worth more now (draft dependent) than maybe what they were before live trading, for the simple fact that you just don't know what you may be able to manufacture with that pick on Draft Night.

I get what your saying, but we have enough kids. Charlie Cameron is the best example here, impact straight away, paps a gun lets not overrate the pick. Plus this draft isnt oozing with talent.

Having said that if sydney are silly enough to throw something else in which i highly doubt, by all means take it.

I get what your saying, but we have enough kids. Charlie Cameron is the best example here, impact straight away, paps a gun lets not overrate the pick. Plus this draft isnt oozing with talent.

Having said that if sydney are silly enough to throw something else in which i highly doubt, by all means take it.

Don't worry about telling me we have enough kids....Been saying that for a year now :)

It's not even that we have enough kids, it's that so many of the kids we have are premium picks/players and simply adding more young talent for young talents sake, doesn't make sense. We'll only be playing musical chairs.

We've identified our targets and let's just get them and if we have to pay a little more and have others tell us we paid overs - Just do it.

I too want to see the Gold Coast players stick it out and show some loyalty.

Except for the uncontrcated, talented ones that want to come to Carlton, of course.
It's like rescuing poor doggies from the puppy farm. They are miserable and need new loving homes.
Really though,I feel for those kids. I know how our boys suffered. They have to do something about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like rescuing poor doggies from the puppy farm. They are miserable and need new loving homes.
Really though,I feel for those kids. I know how our boys suffered. They have to do something about it.

It can change...look at the reversal of Brisbane, a basket case not long ago, where no one wanted to go to or stay.

They’ll need to sprinkle some of that magic with drafting, medical, off/on-field development and an environment that is enjoyable & demanding to be in (sell the climate and the non-fishbowl effect). In saying that, there will have to be AFL intervention to help them out in the interim to stop the bleeding.

It can change...look at the reversal of Brisbane, a basket case not long ago, where no one wanted to go to or stay.

They’ll need to sprinkle some of that magic with drafting, medical, off/on-field development and an environment that is enjoyable & demanding to be in (sell the climate and the non-fishbowl effect). In saying that, there will have to be AFL intervention to help them out in the interim to stop the bleeding.
Yeah. Don't mind how they do it but they have to do something for those talented kids. Horrible situation.

Didn't Martin have a day out yesterday in the neafl what we're his stats? I recon we could get him for a 2nd round pick and maybe throw in Macreadie can't see him getting a game with us anytime soon

Don't worry about telling me we have enough kids....Been saying that for a year now :)

It's not even that we have enough kids, it's that so many of the kids we have are premium picks/players and simply adding more young talent for young talents sake, doesn't make sense. We'll only be playing musical chairs.

We've identified our targets and let's just get them and if we have to pay a little more and have others tell us we paid overs - Just do it.

Agree. There is no way we get change out of that Adel pick for papley.

Get it done early.

Didn't Martin have a day out yesterday in the neafl what we're his stats? I recon we could get him for a 2nd round pick and maybe throw in Macreadie can't see him getting a game with us anytime soon

Don't think Macreadie has any currency. Late pick that has at best shown glimpses. Clearly young for a tall, so might be worth just keeping him to see if we can get him to develop into a player.

I think Papley and Cameron for the Adelaide pick is more than a plausible outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back