Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doro to ask for

11 x 1st round picks
100 bottles of Evian that are exactly half full
2 x 2nd round picks
12 dozen roses, with stems cut 4.5 inches long
4 x 3rd round picks
1 tonne of M&Ms, all the brown ones removed
A 4th round pick
A full-scale replica of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, made out of paddle pop sticks
A future 5th round pick

He is said to be flexible on the last demand.

Well I certainly agree with the M&Ms evaluation :p

Thing there's another bloke in Adelaide who used to play for us that's a bit better.

tenor.gif

Richmond have shown that you cannot have too many small/crumbing forwards, although I find it a miracle they managed to turn someone like Castagna into a halfway decent player (and to be fair, I am led to believe he has really worked his backside off at pre-season training over the years)

Developing our own from within is my preference, but SOS has looked elsewhere in the draft.

RE: Martin, SPS would absolutely be an important pull/factor in making the move to a non-native state given their relationship. Just as Papley/Newman would be when it (if) comes to asking to leave and nominating a club.

From what I've been told, he may move with Essendon's blessing. I've probs said too much already.
If your account is deactivated in the next 24 hours, I'll make sure your wife and bubba are looked after. It was nice knowing you, buddy.

Taylor is a weird one for me. Caleb Daniel has turned into the player I thought Lewy Taylor would become. Seems these days all Taylor can do is chase his tail

I heard from a couple of different Lions fans that apparently Taylor isn't very well liked amongst his Brisbane teammates, which is pretty much a red flag for me.

What is a fair value trade for Martin?
Early 2nd for me, on the edge of 1st rounder

As a buyer, we want to pay as low as possible; but, if Martin was in our team what would be an acceptable trade him for?

Last edited:
From what I have heard Daniher has been approached by Sydney, not the other way around, so doesn't necessarily mean he wants out of *.

Also wondering why so many here seem to want to play Martin in the backline if we manage to get him? We have some great defenders already, yet we're crying out for small forward type but now we're a chance to get someone who can excel in the role people are saying move them to defence?

Maybe I'm just missing something here.

Kicked 83.74 goals from 96 games, idk surely we'd want someone who is more of a goal threat, and more accurate ideally?

130 scoring shots over the past 3 seasons, which have been spent primarily as a small forward, with stints up the ground.

Good solid numbers when compared to the output of similar players over the same time frame, yet Gray won't cost anywhere near what the others would.

Gray is no star but has proven himself a very capable forward who is comfortable adding to the midfield rotation. He's not a highlight reel player but a very smart addition for the likely asking price.

Doubt it will be "quickly". Maybe a delisted free agent, pre-draft, but more likely a club throws him a lifeline via the rookie draft. Hard to see him not landing somewhere, there are a few clubs with diabolical tall forward stocks who'd probably take the chance for almost no investment.
If I was Melbourne I'd be going after him... good replacement for Hogan and would give them some flexibility with McDonald and Weideman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they offering the soon to be available Buddy money to Joe?

Terrified of a life post-big bad Key forward

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah i was wondering if that's what is going on...
Tippett didn't go quite as plan, Buddy seems to be coming to an end sooner than they would like
.. leaves them with Sam Reid and a few kids, at least tall forward-wise

Bigger chance of me landing a starting role on Neighbours than Joe Daniher leaving Essendon this year anyway.

Anyone else get a distinct Jarrad Waite vibe off JD ?

Jason Donovan, you big jokester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back