Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have heard Daniher has been approached by Sydney, not the other way around, so doesn't necessarily mean he wants out of *.

Also wondering why so many here seem to want to play Martin in the backline if we manage to get him? We have some great defenders already, yet we're crying out for small forward type but now we're a chance to get someone who can excel in the role people are saying move them to defence?

Maybe I'm just missing something here.

Thomas gone, Simpson is probably on his last year, Doc with questions until he gets serious game time and doesn't break down again...same with Willo.

His disposal and run off half back would be massive.

Paper bags vs COLA vs drugs

It's like an illegal death match tournament..... :p

Seriously, you need to get yourself on Twitter and the like. Better material than Titus.

His old man Anthony played over a 100 games for the Swans so he could have gone father son there but opted not to. Danihers are from NSW. So Joe probably sees it as a second home. His issues with * remains unknown but could be due to his injuries - maybe he thinks they have mismanaged him. Or he may not like the coach or some of the players. He seems to have have friends at the Swans too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Word is:

1. Joe has really disliked the melbourne fishbowl for a while.

2. He is not impressed with his injury management the last few years.

3. He has a strong relationship with Tom Harley, Sydney's CEO.

4. Sydney would be offering him a very attractive footy/lifestyle package.

I reckon Daniher will leave..why else is he meeting with them

Smoke fire etc

Same with Ollie Wines and Port.

12 months ago you'd be a fool to have suggested it. Now it seems obvious they're at least considering it.

Also wondering why so many here seem to want to play Martin in the backline if we manage to get him? We have some great defenders already, yet we're crying out for small forward type but now we're a chance to get someone who can excel in the role people are saying move them to defence?

Maybe I'm just missing something here.

It's because he's not really a small forward.
He's a winger/flanker. As a forward, he's the guy you want kicking inside 50, rather than crumbing Charlie in the goal square.

I think we have a great defence, but we do somewhat lack that line-breaking disposal coming out of the backline. Samo has helped late this season, Martin would be another option, potentially freeing Samo up.

Thomas gone, Simpson is probably on his last year, Doc with questions until he gets serious game time and doesn't break down again...same with Willo.

Fair enough, for next season at least though we'll have Simmo, Newman and SPS, then adding Martin would make 4. *edit: plus Doc of course* Whereas at small forward we pretty much just have midfielders playing out of position. Would have thought that half-forward rotating through the midfield/wing would be a much better fit for us structure-wise.

yup and furthermore Macreadie and Cunners can't get on the park too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i was wondering if that's what is going on...
Tippett didn't go quite as plan, Buddy seems to be coming to an end sooner than they would like
.. leaves them with Sam Reid and a few kids, at least tall forward-wise

..and a fit Daniher would be damn near unbeatable on the SCG playing out of the goal square.

Fair enough, for next season at least though we'll have Simmo, Newman and SPS, then adding Martin would make 4. *edit: plus Doc of course* Whereas at small forward we pretty much just have midfielders playing out of position. Would have thought that half-forward rotating through the midfield/wing would be a much better fit for us structure-wise.

Don't pigeonhole Samo as a back. He may play there, he may not.
I think we've been crying out for another Samo, Martin would bring a similar kicking ability. Gives us great flexibility (HBF or Wing or HFF).

So according to Tom Morris re (Betts) Sos said ‘no’ two weeks ago but Teague wants to have a chat.......interesting power struggle.
As good as SOS is, surely Teague gets final say on who they should target. Afterall its Teague's arse on the line.

🙏🙏🙏 Please come back the way you were Doc......**** i miss that guy!

From same person who told me Ratten would be named coach this week at saints.
Told me Melbourne are shopping Angus Brayshaw around which we have shown interest.
Sydney are very unlikely to let go of Papley however we are interested in Ben Ronke who is apparently looking for a change of scenery now that Sydney have a lot of depth in that area of the ground he is no longer guaranteed best 22.
If this is true, Melbourne FC would have rocks in their heads if they trade Brayshaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back