Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given how much time Kreuzer and Phillips spend on the sidelines, we absolutely need another option.

TDK - nowhere near ready to play #1 ruck
McKay - became obvious we don't want him spending much time there yet, if at all
Casboult - relief option, may not even be at the club

Cameron is a good option and a much better fit than Lobbe who had zero flexibility to his game.

Rowan Marshall ticks all of my boxes, just hope Ratts can do us favour !! :D

Mental note, people think lowly enough of you to believe your sarcasm.

Honestly, the opposite this time. You're generally extremely astute and on the ball.

Put it down to it being silly season.

Not sure of the credentials of this fella (the trade whisperer) but he says:

BLUES BUYING BIG After a confirmed meeting with Jack Martin and approaches to Tom Papley and Eddie Betts, The Blues have their eyes on an #AFLTrades spending spree. With an eye to small dynamic forwards, #TheWhisp can confirm approaches to out of contract players (cont...k

Including Adelaide’s Hugh Greenwood, Tiger Dan Butler and forgotten rising Lion Lewis Taylor. However, it is an audacious approach to a contracted Sun that has seen tensions flare between Gold Coast and the aggressive Blues...(cont)

Former top 5 pick Ben Ainsworth is the surprising name most recently linked to the Blues. An aggressive small forward/mid with leadership potential, Ainsworth is considered a viable “back-up” should a proposed Papley deal fall through.

What credentials.

He has none pretty much like all the other Twitter/Facebook fan accounts.

Mental note, people think lowly enough of you to believe your sarcasm.

Sigh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Probably more that your delivery was a touch too dry for the internet. I read it and went 'wtf', then saw your join date and then figured you were having a giggle. You'd have quite the rep if you'd been posting howlers like that for 10 years :D

Not sure why there are so many against recruiting Cameron - he'd be a very reasonable and sensible addition.

Massive guy who had a dominant 2018 at reserve level but struggled with a couple of injuries in 2019.

He'll come very cheap both in salary and what it'd take to bring him across, and given the salary and flexibility to his game (can go forward) he's a much better list fit than Lobbe who he would ultimately be replacing.

Been in the system a couple of years now but at 24 he hasn't yet entered his prime.

This one is a bit of a no-brainer IMO. Makes a lot of sense.

Because when Sinclair and Naismith went down with injury, they chose to play one less KPD with Aliir Aliir in the ruck instead of Cameron. That's generally not a good sign.

The other thing is that there's quite a few athletic 200cm+ players in this years draft that may be available with our back end picks. If we want to have a free shot, just draft the most athletic ruck we can find and see how they develop with a few years in the system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Martins disposal like?
Technically excellent. A little dodgy under pressure.

A beautiful long kick

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The other thing is that there's quite a few 200cm+ athletic players in this years draft that may be available with our back end picks. If we want to have a free shot, just draft the most athletic ruck we can find and see how he develops.

How many are ready to play straight away?

A lot of people here are overlooking one of the key factors in recruiting Darcy Cameron:

He’s one of Patrick Cripps’ good friends from WA.

So we are just recruiting him, so we make sure we keep Cripps at the club? And then if at some point we were to delist Darcy Cameron?

What credentials.

He has none pretty much like all the other Twitter/Facebook fan accounts.

First year the tweets were definitely ITK. From what I read the account was sold/handed over to someone else who has just trolled each year since then.

So we are just recruiting him, so we make sure we keep Cripps at the club? And then if at some point we were to delist Darcy Cameron?

I believe it’s called the Mark Austin rule.

But seriously, he also is a young ruck, good character, has been in a good system and will come relatively cheaply.

I think it’s a win/win - if he keeps Crippa happy and wanting to stay that’s just a bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back