Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very happy with TDK, excited about his upside

Just still staggers me that Constable slid so far
don't fire all your "couldn't believe he slid" artillery until november...……..

Not saying that.

I'm saying that you're more likely to find a diamond in the rough or a very good player when you're targeting fringe players in teams with a surplus in their position.

Cameron couldn't get a game when there were no other fit ruckmen on their list. That's a red flag in my book.

Just saying that given the circumstances of Sydney's year, he's not a player I would target or spend a list spot on.

Was he fit and ready for senior football when the other options were unavailable?

Looking towards 2020, Sydney have:
- Sinclair, undisputed #1 ruck
- Naismith, very capable backup coming off injury
- McLean, developing ruck
- Reid, capable pinch-hitting relief
- Aliir, very athletic
- Knoll, picked up in the mid-season draft
- Amartey, forward/ruck who may get another year
- And very possibly Daniher....

So it looks as though heading into next year, Cameron fits the bill of a young(ish) fringe player in a team with a surplus in their position.

Isn't that exactly what you have suggested makes for 'diamonds in the rough'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smells a bit like the Lachie Neale situation, hope we pop a superstars interest out of the blue. Lots of talk regarding Oliver, Crouches, Wines. If we are in the position to gain any one of them it’s blue heaven and we must throw a very good offer, thinking two highest picks and a player of fair value to fill a need for the other team

Darcy Cameron is a good tap ruck option and can be more than useful in attack.
If he's available Agrestia should snare him quick.
Matty Kreuzuer's time on the park is limited, and the Levi will probably be traded.
So its a ruck division of Krooz and Phillips only. Very slim.
Then if he is such a good tap ruckman, why were the Swans preferring to play Allir Allir in the ruck to him labouring in the NEAFL?

Smells a bit like the Lachie Neale situation, hope we pop a superstars interest out of the blue. Lots of talk regarding Oliver, Crouches, Wines. If we are in the position to gain any one of them it’s blue heaven and we must throw a very good offer, thinking two highest picks and a player of fair value to fill a need for the other team

I agree, reading the tea leaves I think we have an ace up our sleeve. Oliver will be worth our 2 firsts plus change all day every day. Wines and the Crouches 1 first only IMO. I actually think Oliver is gettable considering how much of a basket case Melbourne actually is.

Gee imagine a midfield of Cripps, Oliver, Walsh....

Was he fit and ready for senior football when the other options were unavailable?

Looking towards 2020, Sydney have:
- Sinclair, undisputed #1 ruck
- Naismith, very capable backup coming off injury
- McLean, developing ruck
- Reid, capable pinch-hitting relief
- Aliir, very athletic
- Knoll, picked up in the mid-season draft
- Amartey, forward/ruck who may get another year
- And very possibly Daniher....

So it looks as though heading into next year, Cameron fits the bill of a young(ish) fringe player in a team with a surplus in their position.

Isn't that exactly what you have suggested makes for 'diamonds in the rough'?

He was playing NEAFL in the final rounds when Sinclair and Naismith weren't available.

Like I said, I haven't seen him at NEAFL level, but I'm not sure we need a back up ruck with Phillips and Casboult offering that service if Kreuzer can't get on the park.

I also expect TDK to be pushing for selection in 2021.

Then if he is such a good tap ruckman, why were the Swans preferring to play Allir Allir in the ruck to him labouring in the NEAFL?
I think he was injured first half of year and didn’t have the fitness when they were thin on fit ruck stocks, so Alir got the nod instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back