Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t understand why it should have been under the salary cap if the guys ankle was rooted & a legit retirement.

It should be off the books (but perhaps other means at play with regards to any liability).

I would guess that it was so Kurt actually retired instead of rocking up and claiming a pay cheque, knowing he couldn't actually play or didn't want to be there.

?

Part of the risk with giving players long-term contracts is the potential of injury.

You're suggesting that risk should be taken away? Then you'd be saying crazy length deals become more and more common.

When you quit or retire, you are no longer contracted, thus not being paid. I think Sydney are just making sure he buggered off and didn't stick around taking up space.

Anyone know if we have shown an interest in Constable now that he has asked for a trade for more opportunities?

He was playing NEAFL in the final rounds when Sinclair and Naismith weren't available.

Like I said, I haven't seen him at NEAFL level, but I'm not sure we need a back up ruck with Phillips and Casboult offering that service if Kreuzer can't get on the park.

I also expect TDK to be pushing for selection in 2021.

He returned from 9 weeks out for the last 2 rounds and was 2nd best on ground in one of those games.

Anyone know if we have shown an interest in Constable now that he has asked for a trade for more opportunities?

I'd rather Constable than Martin or Papley.

Big bodied midfielder who can rack up possessions at AFL level? Averaged 22+ possessions per game as a second-year midfielder, playing mostly 60-70% game time. Exactly what we need to develop and help share the load with Cripps, and exactly what we don't have at all, anywhere on the list.

Who was it who had a fit when we took tdk instead? agro or Jimmae?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was mentioned somewhere as a footnote to the Kelly trade article.
3AW or SEN maybe? I've been reading them a bit lately.

I don't think he has, at least not officially, and I very much doubt Geelong will agree to move him if he does.

Very good young mid and with Geelong's ageing midfield you'd expect a more permanent spot to open up sooner rather than later.

He is not the Geelong mid I would be going for this year.

Who was it who had a fit when we took tdk instead? agro or Jimmae?

I didn’t have a fit, I just suggested we should have taken Constable at ten and when he was still,there at 30, we should have taken him then.

TDK may turn out a great player, but we were and are still thin on strong inside midfielders.

I didn’t have a fit, I just suggested we should have taken Constable at ten and when he was still,there at 30, we should have taken him then.

TDK may turn out a great player, but we were and are still thin on strong inside midfielders.

I was on this train too. I couldn’t believe that both Constable and Worpel were available at 30 - it was like a gift from the gods, a third chance at a top 10 prospect. I was screaming for Worpel and would have been satisfied with Constable.

TDK was possibly my biggest draft WTF moment - he was projected as a rookie pick by most.

Although Finbar last year was equal. I honestly thought that was just a joke

A club would have to be off it’s tree to give up a first rounder for Higgins at his age; but then the Cats, in particular Scotty, have had a preference for older players for some time now. If North are able to secure a first for SH age 32 at start of 2020 season, they’re smarter than I thought.

Thanks for the reminder ...

Seems to be no ill feeling between the two Clubs - pity, I hate 'em - but that is probably just me being usual mongrel..
No it`s not you.........they are easy to hate........a history of thug players/coaches (starting in the 60s when John Kennedy snr was coach, and reached it`s peak in the 80s......see Dipper/Dermie/Ayres and more) and coached by a thug coach now!!!You are not alone on this one at all........Kennedy was the new Norf coach when they decided to turn an exhibition game in London, into the let`s show how weak this Carlton mob are in the same game that good old "CLARKO" made a name for himself with Aitkens`jaw as the victim!!!!:mad: As far as the haws owing Carlton goes I could never see them doing anything for us, especially under Clarksons` watch, because he was the coach who planted extra players back in defence to stop Fev from kicking the ton that year and the haws were 11 goals up with about 15 minutes to play............Clarko is your ultimate "sheep stations" dude that justifies his own actions every time!!!!!!:devil:

Last edited:
A club would have to be off it’s tree to give up a first rounder for Higgins at his age; but then the Cats, in particular Scotty, have had a preference for older players for some time now. If North are able to secure a first for SH age 32 at start of 2020 season, they’re smarter than I thought.

Cats think they are (and correctly so) in the premiership window so will roll the dice. It’s a shame we didn’t pick up Higgins that year when we chased him - I recall us being very close. He would have helped significantly the last few seasons. With Higgins North are a chance at finals next season - without him I don’t see it happening. So makes sense they ask for a first rounder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd rather Constable than Martin or Papley.

Big bodied midfielder who can rack up possessions at AFL level? Averaged 22+ possessions per game as a second-year midfielder, playing mostly 60-70% game time. Exactly what we need to develop and help share the load with Cripps, and exactly what we don't have at all, anywhere on the list.

It’s very possible to do each of Martin, Papley and Constable. And makes sense as each addresses a very different need.

I think we would consider Constable if our other plans don’t work out - namely the efforts to get Wines or Crouch. But as has been noted here SOS chose TDK over Constable - and that’s not just because he thought TDK was special and didn’t want to risk missing out with our pick in the 60s but also because he wasn’t as keen on Constable. Maybe that’s changed since there haven’t been many good inside mids in the last draft or the current one. But hard for us to know at this stage unless one of our ITK posters say something.

Allen Christensen will either get picked up by Carlton or Geelong

This makes sense. Would guess he would come cheap (a lot cheaper than the pick 21 the Lions paid for him) or free. Haven’t followed his career in much detail but he was in the Lions Best 22 until he injured his hamstring in Round 22. He may prefer going back to the Cats but he probably could get more games with us next season. I would prefer a Papley-Ah Chee combo but Papley and Christensen would also be OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back