Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if we have shown an interest in Constable now that he has asked for a trade for more opportunities?

Why on earth would we need Constable?

It's funny how different clubs' boards seem to get hung up on certain players. (Generalising)
This board is Cerra and Constable but when given our time again, Stephenson and Worpel (who were both respectively taken later) would have made for much the better options for our club.

Christensen? Maybe but for little. Very little. 5th rounder little.

Agree - he is from the Geelong school of creating head high tackle infringements.

A skill he appears to have passed on to that super tit Rhyse Matheson while up there.

My preference would be to not have that culture of playing for free kicks anywhere near Carlton.

Brisbane can keep, or post him back to Geelong.

Not sure why there are so many against recruiting Cameron - he'd be a very reasonable and sensible addition.

Massive guy who had a dominant 2018 at reserve level but struggled with a couple of injuries in 2019.

He'll come very cheap both in salary and what it'd take to bring him across, and given the salary and flexibility to his game (can go forward) he's a much better list fit than Lobbe who he would ultimately be replacing.

Been in the system a couple of years now but at 24 he hasn't yet entered his prime.

This one is a bit of a no-brainer IMO. Makes a lot of sense.

No brainer yes, but at times last year we had Philips, Lobbe and TKD in the 2s.

I don’t think we can go with the same setup
again. Then we have Cas who will be in and out of the VFL next year.

Could Phillips and Cameron trade places ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree - he is from the Geelong school of creating head high tackle infringements.

A skill he appears to have passed on to that super tit Rhyse Matheson while up there.

My preference would be to not have that culture of playing for free kicks anywhere near Carlton.

Brisbane can keep, or post him back to Geelong.

You know we have the 3rd best in the league at this, right? M Murphy is behind only Sir Duckwood and Rhys "The Beast who can't find the ball" Mathieson.

After a bit of research Tom Cutler appears to be a tall midfielder with slick hands and a good engine. Kicking is a little bit and miss. Works hard to create options and is quick to use them.

On the fringe at Brissie after injury.

Mid depth I would think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No brainer yes, but at times last year we had Philips, Lobbe and TKD in the 2s.

I don’t think we can go with the same setup
again. Then we have Cas who will be in and out of the VFL next year.

Could Phillips and Cameron trade places ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we get Cameron, Phillips would probably be moved on

After a bit of research Tom Cutler appears to be a tall midfielder with slick hands and a good engine. Kicking is a little bit and miss. Works hard to create options and is quick to use them.

On the fringe at Brissie after injury.

Mid depth I would think

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He's been predominantly an athletic half back flanker who can push forward from that position and kick the odd goal.

Wouldn't be a bad pick up if we used him in that role.

I'd be happy with Cutler too. Not necessarily an exciting prospect, but a great value addition. Appears to have fallen out of the best 22 due to injury and then hasn't been able to regain his position in a vastly improved Lions outfit, playing just the 3 games this year. Would be able to pick him up pretty cheap because of this.

Pick 33 in the 2013 draft so same age as Crippa. Good size for a winger at 193 & 92, bit of versatility in that he can play 3rd tall down back (& forward?). Kicked 32 goals in 66 games. Seems like the last couple of years he's averaging about 21 disposals, 5 marks, 0.5 goals, 4 i50s.

There is definitely a big move (and plan B big move) being worked on at player management level; given how media/news can derail, partially laid plans, news of this will surface after the season has ended for the club(s) involved. 😀💰🗝📩

Not sure why bringing bootsma back is such a big secret

Cutler is the moneyball player people are screaming for.

Would be a very handy addition.
Agree. Give Jack a chance to get his foot issues right over the preseason and he could become an elite winger for us. Would need to improve his defensive side a little, but if he's keen to buy in, then he'll cost nothing except $$ (not much, I'd wager). Better option than Ellis for mine all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back