Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to a former Saints great who's still involved with a few guys working at the club at a work party tonight, said that SOS and Gubby are supposedly wanting to go scorched earth this off season to try and bring in some elite kids via the draft and kickstart a rebuild/refresh while they still have some years left in Wilkie, Steele etc to help bring them through.

Seems somewhat contradictory to some of the reports from media regarding the Stains looking at bringing in players like Weitering, LDU, Stengle etc so I'm not too sure what to make of it...

Would be some decent scraps to pick at if true though - Battle, Wood, Sinclair, Sharman, Howard, Membrey... Not saying they'd all be targets for us but think you could get a few years out of a few of them at a decent price as short term upgrades.

Speaking to a former Saints great who's still involved with a few guys working at the club at a work party tonight, said that SOS and Gubby are supposedly wanting to go scorched earth this off season to try and bring in some elite kids via the draft and kickstart a rebuild/refresh while they still have some years left in Wilkie, Steele etc to help bring them through.

Seems somewhat contradictory to some of the reports from media regarding the Stains looking at bringing in players like Weitering, LDU, Stengle etc so I'm not too sure what to make of it...

Would be some decent scraps to pick at if true though - Battle, Wood, Sinclair, Sharman, Howard, Membrey... Not saying they'd all be targets for us but think you could get a few years out of a few of them at a decent price as short term upgrades.
Other than Sinclair, the others are just role players aren’t they?

Lots of mixed messages, I’d be surprised if they went scorched earth, I could see a few of their fringe players moved on and SOS trying to get a few extra picks in.

Who knows

Other than Sinclair, the others are just role players aren’t they?

Lots of mixed messages, I’d be surprised if they went scorched earth, I could see a few of their fringe players moved on and SOS trying to get a few extra picks in.

Who knows
Would love Sinclair as a complimentary run and carry mid for us but you'd have to think he'd be on huge coin at the Stains so I doubt it would be possible. Wood would be a good stop gap for 1-2 years while Ollie fills out too but not sure we'd look at that given Voss seems to love Ollie like a son. Battle, same as Sinclair... $$$ the key factor.

Would love Sinclair as a complimentary run and carry mid for us but you'd have to think he'd be on huge coin at the Stains so I doubt it would be possible. Wood would be a good stop gap for 1-2 years while Ollie fills out too but not sure we'd look at that given Voss seems to love Ollie like a son. Battle, same as Sinclair... $$$ the key factor.

Is M.Wood a UFA?
Re-invent as a forward / wing backup. 31yo though IIRC.

Battle & Howard would be pretty handy.

That would be true to form for SOS. He's not one to stuff around building a team to finish 8th. They've got Max King to build a team around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Hunter Clark always injured?

I remember rating him highly

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you think Young is a ball stopper and indecisive then you won’t like Howard at all. He is a hard pass for me.

If the rumour is true that the Saints are looking to blow it up (which in my opinion they should) then the only guy I’d be interested in is Wilkie.
I like him because he can stand a KPF & free up Weiters to play CHB - neither Marchy or Young can.
Overall benefit is pretty clear to me.
Also, we'd all prefer the All-Aus level player but the discussion was around picking through the scraps.

There is no such thing so I don't believe you :laughv1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back