Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love this, can't be any more emphatic than that

Would love the club to come out and support this statement.

Interesting because Melbourne have said it is not coming from them.

It makes you wonder who is the originating source.
There is no source - McClure has thrown Harry's name into the story because it is the obvious want from a Melbourne perspective.

This entire 'story' is basically this - 'Okay so if Petracca wants to go to a large Melbourne club, that means Essendon, Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood. Collingwood and Essendon have nothing of interest to Melbourne, and Christian would have no desire to go to the rebuilding Richmond, so that leaves Carlton. Okay so Carlton have a 'surplus' of tall forwards, so I'm going to say Melbourne might consider trading CP5 if McKay is involved'.

Chiming in on Trac, we shouldn't proceed with negotiations/conversations if Harry/Charlie are the 'must include'. See ya later. Enjoy having an unhappy star. Talk again next year.

But if they're willing to talk proper, I'd approach it like this:
  • Ask if Cerra wants to move across as a centerpiece of their midfield
  • If he's keen, offer Cerra and Future First for Trac and a third/fourth rounder to help lock the Campo twins up
  • Dangle this year's first for Aleer or Houston though I suspect (in Houston's case) it won't be enough
  • If Cerra isn't keen, offer our current and future firsts but ask for a second round back
  • Then offer that second rounder for Aleer
  • Grab Haynes as an unrestricted FA
  • Win Premiership in 2025
Downside of this is that it may rule us out (definitely) of targeting an Aleer and/or Houston. Haynes won't cost much though $ wise (free as a FA).

Bring in Trac, Haynes/Aleer and get our S&C right... then invest in a freakin' good sports psychologist to give us a harder mental edge.

Send Message.

Conspiracy Theory - Petracca is cooked and Melbourne are trying to manufacture trade to get out of the five years remaining on his contract and get a maximum return before people find out the real reason.

Part of me really agrees and I'm concerned. The only problem is that clubs (should) perform stringent medicals before acquiring a player. Given the highly specific type of injuries that sidelined him a medico worth their salt would know exactly what to check for and acknowledge the long-term impacts of such an injury at that age.

Plenty of cap space but nothing to trade

They can trade next year's first and the year after because they will let them do whatever they ask for - they are the AFL's love child.

So if not H, how do we clear the decks enough to facilitate a trade for Trac?

Not saying I want H to go, but there's no way picks alone get it done.

Cerra with the Hammy issues place his value at an all-time low, and his salary alone doesn't clear enough space.

The outgoing players wouldn't have been on much this year (marchbank, Martin, cunners)

Only way we force their hand is if Trac comes out and requests us, and us only.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Conspiracy Theory - Petracca is cooked and Melbourne are trying to manufacture trade to get out of the five years remaining on his contract and get a maximum return before people find out the real reason.
That would require Melbourne to show a competence they haven't showed in some time.

I'm obviously on the outside looking in but the club is a basketcase from top to bottom. The coach, the board (we have no culture problems...outside of our star player and coach of course) etc.

They just don't seem shrewd enough to pull that off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chiming in on Trac, we shouldn't proceed with negotiations/conversations if Harry/Charlie are the 'must include'. See ya later. Enjoy having an unhappy star. Talk again next year.

But if they're willing to talk proper, I'd approach it like this:
  • Ask if Cerra wants to move across as a centerpiece of their midfield
  • If he's keen, offer Cerra and Future First for Trac and a third/fourth rounder to help lock the Campo twins up
  • Dangle this year's first for Aleer or Houston though I suspect (in Houston's case) it won't be enough
  • If Cerra isn't keen, offer our current and future firsts but ask for a second round back
  • Then offer that second rounder for Aleer
  • Grab Haynes as an unrestricted FA
  • Win Premiership in 2025
Downside of this is that it may rule us out (definitely) of targeting an Aleer and/or Houston. Haynes won't cost much though $ wise (free as a FA).

Bring in Trac, Haynes/Aleer and get our S&C right... then invest in a freakin' good sports psychologist to give us a harder mental edge.

Send Message.
Sounds good on paper. Cap space is the issue I feel.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is the alternative is to trading one of our big 3.

The answer is Pittonet.

How does that make us "faster" in any semblance of the term?

Even IQ wise Pittonet is behind the other 3

That we get faster trading one of the 3 is ridiculous.
Which club in their right mind would trade in pitto?

He’s tall ….and that’s about it. At the very least the talls players need safe marking hands.

Which club in their right mind would trade in pitto?

He’s tall ….and that’s about it. At the very least the talls players need safe marking hands.

I'm not suggesting any team would trade him in. But if we ended up trading out one of H, Charlie or TDK he'd be the one who Voss would put into the best 22 to replace the one leaving.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Great. Another high performance manager who loves driving his players into the ground and believes that training as hard as possible is the way to go.
Darren Burgess has just about the best track record in footy. Dees were the epitome of health while he was there and the minute he left their list has gone to shambles.

Harry or Charlie for 2 very good players that fit an identified need.

I believe 2 key pieces is a greater benefit than 1 key forward.

I think we would be a much better side with a partner for Weiters & a top flight mid.
We need to be mindful of having prolonged success - Weiters needs a partner/under study & we need a damaging mid/forward.
We need a partner for Weitering big time because him covering for Young AND McGovern is getting tired.
We also need a forwards coach who has a clue about how best to use Charlie/harry/TDK/Kemp/ - but we need a genuine small with leg speed and a brain to compliment the talls.

We dont need Haynes which everyone is excited about - he is at his best a poor man's third tall - when he can actually stay on the park which isnt often.

We dont need Petracca - Austin scored big time with Lord for example- plenty of young kids out there that can be identified to add to depth and growth. I's stoked with Lord's capability as a 19 year old - has exceeded expectations big time- - Carrol showed lot in teh last two weeks as well- although he looks to be another fragile body. Cincotta has been the quiet choiever this year for Carlton - twice the player he was last year and getting better - same for Olliw been one of our best in the last few weklks every week.

All Carlton needs to do is keep doing what it has been doing and hopefully cop less injuries going forward.

In my perfect world we ditch ALL the fragile players - not just a few - in my book that would include McGovern.

Happy to apply the same rationale to Charlie? Take out the Eagles game, he ain’t top 3 in the Coleman last year.
if you take out the goals from the two wce games you need to do it for everyone else, he still wins the coleman btw

edit: nvm checked it for myself, if you do that larkey kicks 63 goals to charlies 59

Last edited:
Wild stuff!

Harry and a 1st is trash. A 200cm key forward with pace that takes contested marks for fun.

His younger, contract would be worth less, doesn’t want to leave and we’re bending over for them…no way.

I can’t even see how it happens unless players take a cut and petracca renegotiates to realign with our players taking less.

if you take out the goals from the two wce games you need to do it for everyone else, he still wins the coleman btw

The point stands that you can pick and choose to create an argument. It’s a pointless exercise but one that people love to pursue.

What is not up for debate is the quality of Trac. He could easily be the difference between winning and losing a flag, just like Dusty was at the Tigers.

We lose to teams like Collingwood because of their powerful mids - Crisp, JDG etc. Trac has them covered by some margin and would immediately lift us to flag favourites.

If it’s considered that club culture is unaffected and Trac will return to fitness, objectively, it’s a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back