Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About 100

On a more serious note, do we think he pushes best 22 round 1?

I'd say yes
this excites me, even beyond levels reached the time I managed to grab the last bertie beatle showbag at the royal melbourne sheeew....

I thought it was interesting and there is plenty of chat about it here..

Maybe have a snickers?

I thought it was interesting and there is plenty of chat about it here..

Maybe have a snickers?
Its not interesting if you are excluding certain evidence to bolster your argument.

Have a snickers yourself.

I'd say no. A little of the pace fitness wise, and doesn't come in with a defined role as opposed to say Acres.

More serious, will he be #36 again…?

HFF / mid, yes.

Personally think he has a shot playing that Cuningham role (HF with some midfield rotations). Think Hollands, Cuners and Fogarty would be competing for a spot (or two) in the 22

I think he will play HHF, rotating mid, so will be gunning for Cuners or Fog

Nice to have upgrade options in both areas

Guys, Elijah runs a 2km as fast as Ollie despite being 10kg heavier.. Where on earth are you getting this idea that he's got poor fitness from?

They run it in 5:54!! Daicos is the Pies best and he ran a 6:3X!

You are delusional if you think Elijah's fitness is off the pace.. He will smoke everyone at our club except for his brother and Matty Cottrell.

you wouldn't think that moving on a fringe player would be so hard.... Dow should have been done in the first 12 hours. now we have both SOS and DoDo involved.... ugh.
Lucky I’m nit
Guys, Elijah runs a 2km as fast as Ollie despite being 10kg heavier.. Where on earth are you getting this idea that he's got poor fitness from?

You are delusional if you think Elijah's fitness is off the pace.. He will smoke everyone at our club except for his brother and Matty Cottrell.
sign him up sick of waiting

Lucky I’m nit

sign him up sick of waiting
I'm getting more and more excited for him. I have gone deep on Elijah since he looked like our major trade target. The kid is so Pendlebury like, he could be that point of difference we need in the middle and push Hewett into our first rotation.. I don't want to get my hopes up but I think I'm right in saying that he'll be best 22.

*BUMP

Any chance Trade discussion can go in the Trades thread instead being across 2 threads which makes it hard to follow.

Bluemour thread is for Bluemours.

Thanks all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think he has a shot playing that Cuningham role (HF with some midfield rotations). Think Hollands, Cuners and Fogarty would be competing for a spot (or two) in the 22

I think the aim for Cunners, is to get a full preseason under his belt and spend majority of the time in the midfield in 2024. He would offer a big point of difference to our midfield. The question is whether he has the tank to do so.

I'm getting more and more excited for him. I have gone deep on Elijah since he looked like our major trade target. The kid is so Pendlebury like, he could be that point of difference we need in the middle and push Hewett into our first rotation.. I don't want to get my hopes up but I think I'm right in saying that he'll be best 22.
Hewett is already in the 1st rotation..?
Cripps - Cerra - Walsh

Swear I heard Ollie interviewed somewhere saying Elijah was the better runner....

Hope both the brothers burn it up for CFC in years to come!!

Hewett is already in the 1st rotation..?
Cripps - Cerra - Walsh

Elijah offers so much more than Hewett and Kennedy. so would happy for him push them out. The question is can he get his body right to do so. Also Hewett and Kennedy will always give you 100%,, Elijah will need to do likewise, then it is a no brainer.

About 100

On a more serious note, do we think he pushes best 22 round 1?

I'd say yes
There was an interesting post that never made it to the Bluemour thread in the last few weeks from (I think) Soapy. I am paraphrasing here and haven’t gone back to the original source. It said something along the lines that we didn’t believe there had been sufficient strengthening of the knee in his post-ACL comeback, and that we intend on rectifying this issue.

Just mentioning, because if it is true, it may delay his integration with the first 22.

I’m just adding some positivity to the thread discussion- it’s what I’m known for.

;)

Add some positivity here ;)

Thats because he isn't really a midfielder. He a half back flanker, its where he has always played his best.
This is true. However think it is also true for Docherty, who we played as a midfielder much of this year. I'd argue Williams is a better fit for the role if that it's available - adds more pace and x-factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back