Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WCE was just beating up a poor side.

STK we just got lucky. Pittonet shank kicked for a goal. Most of it came from our wingers/hf which is pretty rare tbh.

My point being, Collingwood just won the premiership with Cox and Mihocek as the key forwards, Sydney are top with Amartey and McDonald, Port with Marshall and Georgisdes, Hawthorn have no quality key forwards, Freo have Amiss then nothing.

We have two players who are better than all of these players, if those clubs can win and win more than us, by having a makeshift forward line, then maybe, just maybe, we have over capitalised in a certain area.

My point being, Collingwood just won the premiership with Cox and Mihocek as the key forwards, Sydney are top with Amartey and McDonald, Port with Marshall and Georgisdes, Hawthorn have no quality key forwards, Freo have Amiss then nothing.

We have two players who are better than all of these players, if those clubs can win and win more than us, by having a makeshift forward line, then maybe, just maybe, we have over capitalised in a certain area.
The Filth won the flag by 4 points, after winning the prelim by 1.

I’d be more inclined to look more at the previous premierships:
Hawkins & Cameron
Brown, MacDonald & Jackson
Riewoldt & Lynch
Riewoldt & Lynch
Kennedy & Darling

I don’t think it’s really accurate to say they’re constantly trading first round picks.
They still hit the draft most years.
Of course its accurate, they have traded out a lot and it appears they will again this year.

It’s also accurate that they still hit the draft most years.

We could easily trade this years 1st for Houston, next years first for Ballard (just an example), then trade 2 second round picks for a 1st rounder and go to the draft.

I sooner see H leave than I would TDK and that's saying something as I do NOT want to let H go.

Just plod off to Collingwood Trac. Super player but not for us at the moment.

Leek Aleer on the other hand......
Lol, leek over possibly top three player in the AFL. Leek has accomplished **** all(just because we hope he will be great, doesnt mean he will be). Trac is a no brainer.

The Filth won the flag by 4 points, after winning the prelim by 1.

I’d be more inclined to look more at the previous premierships:
Hawkins & Cameron
Brown, MacDonald & Jackson
Riewoldt & Lynch
Riewoldt & Lynch
Kennedy & Darling
Collingwood won the GF, how much by and how much they won the prelim by is irrelevant, they finished top, they won the GF, they also lost the prelim the year before by a point.

Your list i can interpret a few ways, but I’m not talking about two forwards being bad, I’m talking about not needing the forwards to be superstars. I often wonder if the money saved on one, could bring in a bigger gain.

Hawkins and Cameron is a good comparison to ours, both great players and it was reported that Cameron is on a $Million, no idea of Hawkins.

Brown, McDonald and Jackson i think backs up my position rather than do anything to dismiss it.

Riewoldt and Lynch another good example with Lynch reportedly on $1M

The differences with the Ctas and the Tigers though, they went out and spent a Million on an extra player after being successful for a period of time, whilst we can be real confident in the $$$ paid to Cameron and Lynch, we dont know the $$$ paid to the other two.

I need to be a bit clearer, i think having two quality forwards is a good thing, having two quality forwards is a bonus, the issue i have is if, we have paid too much of our cap on these two players.

I can also say that deals like the one we offered for Williams probably hurt us more.

My view is also still based on the idea we have a tight cap, if we come out this year and strengthen the list with quality additions, then i will do away with my view that having the two big forwards on big contracts might be detrimental.

Of course its accurate, they have traded out a lot and it appears they will again this year.

It’s also accurate that they still hit the draft most years.

We could easily trade this years 1st for Houston, next years first for Ballard (just an example), then trade 2 second round picks for a 1st rounder and go to the draft.
A lot?
You made the comparison with us, who in that same time traded 1sts for Marchbank, Saad, Cerra, and then Stocker, a shift down to get Kemp & Philp, a shift back for Moir.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris is a Dee’s supporter and hates us…Donno why he’d make up Petracca thinks he can get to us. I think the only realistic way it makes sense is for Cerra (reminder he wanted to go to Dee’s) and 2 first rounders

Yeah was thinking the same thing.

I reckon it'll be something like Cerra + #11 + F1 for Trac + #38

Tom in 2023 signed only a 2 year contract as we all know. Maybe there was signs then he might not be a Blue for the long haul.

I am sure we wanted to sign him long term at that point but he only wanted the 2 years to get him to FA status.

Club would have an idea if they saw TDK as a long termer. If he is planning on leaving via FA next year, it would be sensible to trade a year earlier to get maximum for him

It's a smart move from TDK and his manager, his value will be at its highest when he's a FA. Doesn't mean he isn't committed to us.

I kind of like the fact rumours we are tied to have more to do with other clubs being the issue than us.
I also like it because it means we're being aggressive in trying to win a flag. Austin has been labelled too conservative in the past but if this off season ends up as spicy as the rumours are saying it may be it's going to be highly entertaining!

From speaking to someone close to him, physically he’ll be basically the same, it’s all mental at this point, and that no one will truly know till he runs out on the big stage and faces a crunching tackle.

Yes, he's a better player but this has Daisy Thomas written all over it.

If he is contemplating leaving however, we'd rather know now so we can plan ahead. But Cats will want him for free so I suspect we won't be told anything.

I don't want to lose him, but if isn't staying, I'd lose him a year earlier to get currency for other players.

For those of you who would explore trading TDK for Petracca (or something):

Who do you envision our premiership ruckman to be?

Yes, clubs have won without gun key forwards. However, every premiership team (except perhaps the Bulldogs) has won with a ruckman vastly superior to that of Pittonet.

No TDK or capable ruckman, no premiership.

We tell the Petracca camp and Melbourne that TDK and Harry are off limits. If he still wants to come, then it’s probably Cerra and picks. Take it or leave it.

Melbourne has the weak hand now. Its become that toxic that Petracca, in the short term, is willing to tarnishing his brand just to get out there.

For those of you who would explore trading TDK for Petracca (or something):

Who do you envision our premiership ruckman to be?

Yes, clubs have won without gun key forwards. However, every premiership team (except perhaps the Bulldogs) has won with a ruckman vastly superior to that of Pittonet.

No TDK or capable ruckman, no premiership.

The bigger problem we have is goal kicking mids...

no goal kicking mids, no premiership and I believe that is a statistical fact.

The Pies didn't have a gun KPF... Mihochek is a hard worker/solid contributor, same with McStay. They had Four goal kicking mids that rack up on average 20+ disposals and kick goals.

Look at the Swans... Heeney and Warner... add Guldon to that... who's their star KPF?

We have zero. And we have had that for a while... any surprises we haven't finished top 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back