Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep,
And Port went all in to land the explosive goal kicking mid Horne-Francis who has propelled them to 2nd on the ladder and a serious shot at the premiership.
These guys are the difference makers in the modern game.
Cerra and our 2024/2025 first rounders might be around the mark if Petracca nominates Carlton.
Cerra’s salary plus trading Hewett Owies and Martin would clear cap space along with moving on Marchbank Cuningham and S.Durdin.

The big difference was Horne-Francis was 19, not 29.
And he wasn't going onto a contract ranging between $1.2M and $1.7M.

Even with those players going out, Petracca would have to take a huge pay cut for us to be able to afford him in the salary cap.

I can't see any scenario in which Dees keep Trac. He's obviously very, very disillusioned with them and doesn't trust their processes. Even willing to take them to court based on his injury fiasco and nearly dying.

They'd be mad to even try. They burned him, they need to let go.

I'm told Petracca keen to get to us. McKay and TDK will not be considered in any trade. Dees pushing hard to keep him but accept the fact that they made need to move him on to save face. Alot to unfold. For now we have a finals campaign to prep for..
Brand Petracca, Lygon St. You know it makes sense.

1724982097440.png

I am totally on board with Trac. Imagine two similar bulls like Crippa and Trac in the middle.

The question for me is the cost for a 29 year old coming off a serious injury.

There are issues at Melbourne. Is Petracca to blame for any of it?

It would be exciting to see him playing with Cripps etc. He is an awesome player BUT it's a massive call.

It's an all in strategy and would restrict us draft/Salary Cap wise for many years

Someone send Ellijah Hollands into a Training Chamber this off-season and pre-season. He can be our goal kicking mid.

Elijah Walsh Cerra all fully fit and firing can be goal kicking mids. All are Guns

Lord has massive upside. Cripps is playing his best football. IMO Kemp could be gun mid/fwd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question for me is the cost for a 29 year old coming off a serious injury.

There are issues at Melbourne. Is Petracca to blame for any of it?

It would be exciting to see him playing with Cripps etc. He is an awesome player BUT it's a massive call.

It's an all in strategy and would restrict us draft/Salary Cap wise for many years
Feels very very similar to the Judd/WCE situation.

Clearly drug related issues there with a clean cut star who's just had a gutful of it.

Brand Petracca, Lygon St. You know it makes sense.

View attachment 2096434
Wondering how a Lygon Street eatery compares to Geelong coastal and farming real estate. Surely we cannot handle his reported salary ranging over $1.2 to $1.7 million per year for five years.

How much is a monster upgrade to “Brand Petracca” worth as a trade off for “book” salary?

Not true, had niggles early and was taken along slowly. Usually a game or two here and there once or twice a year, but he did have a bit of a history and was managed accordingly (by role)
not my recollection nor my mates who are avid (rabid?) Dockers fans...(and who reside in Perth)

i do recall him with a meniscus tear and a shoulder injury in his junior days, nothing hammy related...

Fogarty, Doc, Jsos should be excluded from the injury prone

Even if it was only replacing Cuners, Marchbank and S Durdin with durable role players, it would make a massive difference

Martin situation will be interesting
Martin, Cuningham, Marchbank HAVE TO GO - they are beyond injury prone

Williams, McGovern, Durdin, Durdin - injury prone and are on the edge of not given another contract when it expires

Cerra, maybe Saad and maybe Cotterel - they will be the players who I will watch with interest re. the Burgess impact

Fog, Docherty, TDK and Jack - contact injuries

sorry aph

:p

Naughty Boy Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back