Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad Houston is off the table. Not a need rn and would cost overs. Whereas I reckon we need the x factor of Petracca.

Wonder whether Houston was keen for us, but now we have a bigger fish potentially? Decided to stay as a result, given there is no way we could get both done.

Imagine what might have happened had we been committed to Hayward.

So much smoke... Has to be fire.
Dumpster Fire GIF

Disappointed with Houston, who doesn’t need an AA player? 4 months ago Petracca was doing it all for MELB playing on literally all lines and dragging his side to victories. He will not need to do that at Carlton, plonk him at half forward with a license to roam, would be great to watch.
As far as being an “exclusive” trade to CFC, every team will be coming for his signature.
Believe it when you see it. Need to win in bris. Haven’t got enough in the tank for more than that.

Mate, you’re allowed to take the credit! You’re the ITK for the ITKs who have posted the rumour and you post the post because you are ITK that they posted the rumour and you bring the post of the ITKs to everyone as you are ITK and you should just take the praise of ITKing the ITKs at the perfect time IYKWIM and you will KWIM because you are ITK of the ITKs.

Love your work mate and appreciate you posting the rumours 🙌😁
Surprise Wow GIF by OceanX

Disappointed with Houston, who doesn’t need an AA player? 4 months ago Petracca was doing it all for MELB playing on literally all lines and dragging his side to victories. He will not need to do that at Carlton, plonk him at half forward with a license to roam, would be great to watch.
As far as being an “exclusive” trade to CFC, every team will be coming for his signature.
Believe it when you see it. Need to win in bris. Haven’t got enough in the tank for more than that.
Every team won't be coming for Petracca as they won't be able to or willing to pay the cost.
He is also likely to want to be with a big Melbourne team, Hawthorn are committed to Barass & Battle so most likely no, Collingwood don't have early picks, there are not going to trade the Daicos boys, so many older players now on their list, we would be most likely option, but l don't see us paying the price for a 29 year old.

Sure he will explore this, but most likely outcome is he will stay at Melbourne.

Is the Cerra talk just smokescreen at this stage or has there been actual rumours that he could be one that be part of the deal?

* I come in peace..*
Would you want Cerra?

Just been told - Brand Petracca has been dumped off one of the major clubs sponsor menus. He’s on the move, no doubt.
Don't be sucked in by the 'brand petracca' and 'big crowds' spin trotted out at every opportunity in a negative campaign against Trac.
Minor throw away comments and very far from the main issues.

Would you want Cerra?
I'm a realist. The talk of TDK or McKay etc is just all nonsense. No way they would leave the club.

Cerra makes sense for Melbourne. If we can get a first round pick and Cerra then I'd happily take that. Cerra fits a need in terms of midfield talent and depth and if we can get his body right then I think we can hopefully see the best of him.

The only issue is similar to McKay and TDK I don't think Cerra will want to leave Carlton.

I'm a realist. The talk of TDK or McKay etc is just all nonsense. No way they would leave the club.

Cerra makes sense for Melbourne. If we can get a first round pick and Cerra then I'd happily take that. Cerra fits a need in terms of midfield talent and depth and if we can get his body right then I think we can hopefully see the best of him.

The only issue is similar to McKay and TDK I don't think Cerra will want to leave Carlton.
True but same was said with treloar. When you clearly aren’t wanted by the club they tend to be happy to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Trac is coming, Cerra would realise that he is moving down the pecking order. Might think it’d be a good move for his career to be a main mid at Dees rather than depth with us.

I think if Trac is coming, Cerra would realise that he is moving down the pecking order. Might think it’d be a good move for his career to be a main mid at Dees rather than depth with us.
I rate Cerra highly.

I reckon his form last year was incredibly underrated in AFL circles. Some of his numbers were up there with the elite midfielders of the comp.

Our list needs to regenerate big time and I think there has been too much damage done between Petracca and the club. I think he will eventually get to Carlton our the club (Melourne) need to be realistic that if we're going to have to cash in then it's now with Trac.

I'm not a fan of keeping blokes that are incredibly bitter towards the club.

When u put all the snippets of information together regarding petracca, it’s sounds there won’t be any players in the deal at all. This could really become a steel for a gun player imo
The thing that I worry about is, is that we can’t forget the areas we still lack in and need to still somewhat be able to fill those needs around the this whole petracca thing.
If we get Trac for 'unders' and keep our big players... I'd take a Haynes for nothing and train JSOS and Young down back. When fit our defense is top 2 in the comp. Trac will drive us to next level and push guys like Walsh to go to another level.

Do you think Kate Roffey should have reached out to Trac before now?
What did you make of her Interview?

If Petracca is to come, there is no doubt we’d have to move some players on, outside our core group…

We’d need to free up cap space, or to further add to our trade currency or to target other areas of need..

This doesn’t mean that any of our players have to go to Melbourne..

We could bring other clubs into the deal or satisfy Melbourne with picks so they can go and buy a KPF elsewhere…

There is story that matt rendell tells about craig starcevich, when he came across the saints from brisbane.

Essentially, he didnt train the saints hard enough, they were a lot younger and had less preseasons in them, than the lions. It complete ****ed their season. They couldnt run out games.

At that point CS had a great reputation too.

Don't be sucked in by the 'brand petracca' and 'big crowds' spin trotted out at every opportunity in a negative campaign against Trac.
Minor throw away comments and very far from the main issues.

What major sponsor and menu item is that? La Porchetta’s Petracca Fettuccine Special?

I’ll guarantee you a major entertainment company wants nothing to do with his name and are removing all branding.
This is coming from inside the company sponsor.

Post from ZeroHanger on fb re Laverde and possibly Carlton interested. Sorry but unsure how to post the link from fb to here

Both Laverde and Stringer are said to have external interest in their signatures, with Carlton and St Kilda reportedly expressing some level of interest in the former, per the publication's report.

IMG_2886.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you think Kate Roffey should have reached out to Trac before now?
What did you make of her Interview?

Nail on the head Horsey.

Arguably never has a club president looked more incompetent.

The club is burning on multiple fronts and her interview suggests she's not actively addressing them at least one of the most important ones that impacts your most important product, your on-field success.

Little wonder the likes of May, Lever, etc. are rumored to be considering their options.

On a personal level, as a Carlton member, having gone through as much bullshit as we have I'm almost as pissed off for Melbourne members as I would be if it was us. They've gone through hell, almost lost their club multiple times, and this is their leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back