Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop talking about Stringer. The wording of the article suggests Laverde, and everyone has plucked the wrong name out of it.

Laverde is no better, at least in his current role, but if you're going to lose your lunch, do it for the right reasons.
You’ve got a better memory than me, ODN. But wasn’t Laverde the player we overlooked in order to take Boekhorst?

On Stringer, a friend that has worked with him reckons he is a pleasure to deal with

I’ve met him myself when he played at the Dogs

This same friend told me that Hind would be getting the flick as soon as his contract was up as he was horrible to deal with

Take it with a grain of salt as peoples opinions of people are entirely subjective but personally I don’t see the huge issue

Pies have JDG
Richmond had Dusty
Hawks had Lake
Dogs had Libba, Stringer
Geelong have Stengle

Everyone takes a chance with maligned players or works with troubled players to make them integrate with their group provided the net upside is worthwhile
Massive difference. DeGoey and Dusty were drafted by their clubs. Bo chance taken. Stringer is too old, too fat, too lazy and too much of a w***er and plays where we don't have a need.

Stringer at his best yes. But his best was 2016 and he is 30. He's one of those guys who just turns up for work, punches his ticket, gets paid. Doesn't have to work hard to keep a job, cruises along on talent. I don't think he is the type of forward we really need. I'd stick with Kemp or Silvagni as third tall and Moir as another target up there.

I'm sure we have asked about a lot of players.

On Stringer, a friend that has worked with him reckons he is a pleasure to deal with

This same friend told me that Hind would be getting the flick as soon as his contract was up as he was horrible to deal with

Take it with a grain of salt as peoples opinions of people are entirely subjective but personally I don’t see the huge issue

Pies have JDG
Richmond had Dusty
Hawks had Lake
Dogs had Libba, Stringer
Geelong have Stengle

Everyone takes a chance with maligned players or works with troubled players to make them integrate with their group provided the net upside is worthwhile

Oooor we end up with a Melbourne situation and he starts getting young guys on the nose beers or underage girls, like Hunter with the former when he went to Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know hahahaha

Stringer recently converted to Islam and spoke about how Saad had been a great sounding board and had really helped him integrate into the community

Saad is an odd fellow, from what I understand his best mate at the club is Lewis Young - who I’d assume are two very different blokes again hahaha

Really love Saad and his attitude
I was told they were good mates and had to ask again you mean stringer and saad …stringer must be one of those blokes to not judge a book by its cover … I assume must be half decent if saad likes him

IMO for it to work he’d (Trac) have to get on board with the ‘stars-group-pay-cut-pact’ circa 800k. They’ve all accepted a pay cut from their max potential for the collective - joining in this, at the level, is the only way it works.
Petracca is reportedly on between 1.2m and 1.7m for the last few years of his contract.

No one, takes between a 30 and 50% pay cut, even more so now given his injury and age.

High unlikely he accepts 800k.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

There is story that matt rendell tells about craig starcevich, when he came across the saints from brisbane.

Essentially, he didnt train the saints hard enough, they were a lot younger and had less preseasons in them, than the lions. It complete ****ed their season. They couldnt run out games.

At that point CS had a great reputation too.
Didnt Starcevich play at Collingwood, before brisbane?

Last edited:

Pies have JDG
Richmond had Dusty
Hawks had Lake, Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Franklin, Clarkson
Dogs had Libba, Stringer
Geelong have Stengle

Edited for accuracy

Petracca is reportedly on between 1.2m and 1.7m for the last few years of his contract.

No one, takes between a 30 and 50% pay cut, even more so now given his injury and age.

High unlikely he accepts 800k.

I have no inside information but as the rumours have said, Trac believes that he will be looked after post career if he comes to the blues.

Meaning he would be willing to take a significant pay cut, and completely rejig his contract.

Just as Geelong have guaranteed players a few property deals post career, to lure them for “unders”.

We would be very naive to believe that agreements like this are not unheard of from wealthy club benefactors.

This is also not to say that he will still be well paid during his career.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Know someone who is very good friends with Stringer, he has completely turned his life around, so he is no longer the Stringer of 3 years ago. Having said that, we don't need him as a player.

Last edited:
There's probably a bunch of skeletons Melbourne want to keep very deep in the closet too
They want to put those skeletons in a cement filled locker and bury it in the Yarra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back