Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Starcevich play at Collingwood, before brisbane?

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Was at St Kilda in 2006 in a "head of training services" position .

Widely noted for a number of weird practices including a no thongs during summer policy.

I would be very naive to believe that agreements like this are not unheard of from wealthy club benefactors

It's been going on for decades. Even as a teen in the 90s you could play the guessing game of' 'which Collingwood player will go on the Footy Show next?'

Can’t see Dees accepting a Trac trade where they only get our first and second rounder, or something like that, even though Trac is desperate to get out. They’ll keep him to his contract. And it’s not like we’ll be offering a top 5 pick, either.

Just doesn’t happen. We even held onto Gibbs for another year until Adelaide gave us two first rounders.

Only way we’ll get a lopsided trade is if the Dees also don’t want Trac there. And if other clubs offer more than us he’ll go there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Adelaide had offered two firsts in the first place instead of trying to low ball us and going to the media before approaching the club, he would have gone the first year.

Do you think Kate Roffey should have reached out to Trac before now?
What did you make of her Interview?
To out it kindly it was an an absolute trainwreck. I
know we were a laughing stock but that interview just reassured that even further. She's an absolute embarrassment to this footy club and the fact she has not reached out to Trac (said it as if it was a non issue) is just bizarre.

I can understand why Trac wants to leave. She is just part of many issues going on at the footy club.

Know someone who is very good friends with Stringer, he has completely turned his life around, so he is no longer the Stringer of 3 years ago. Having said that, we don't need him as a player.
jake stringer converting to islam wasnt something i thought i would read earlier this year

Aaahhh the footy show, that takes me back.
Dougie Hawkins and his load of “namure” always makes me chuckle!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doug is great.

I've probably shared this story many times over the years here.

Mum was a primary school teacher. Dougie worked as a sports coach/trainer at Aussie Sports in Spotswood. The schools would send groups of students there all the time.

At one point Doug had done a hamstring. From memory was on crutches. Being a huge footy fan Mum took it upon herself to help Doug. She ran the class as he sat on the sidelines and bellowed support.

Not too long afterward, he left that job but took one at Sportsco at Altona Gate, just outside Kmart (at the time). Every time, without fail, Mum would walk past his store to head into Kmart he'd come running out and give her a hug "Teacher! Teacher!" She'd often have chats with him.

When he broke Teddy Whitten's all-time games record for the Dogs we watched on the highlights show Channel 7 used to show on Saturday evenings. My Dad was an old war veteran and the type to show absolutely no emotion. When Doug ran on Teddy was waiting for him, riddled with cancer, and Doug was in an absolute teens. In contrast to Dad I thought this was funny and weird to see a man cry. On the Tuesday after school Mum took me to Altona Gate. She'd asked Doug if he'd talk to m about it being acceptable for men to display emotion. He spent about 30 minutes just talking to me about it and what it meant to him.

Another time he shared an anecdote of how much fun he had playing Carlton and how he'd pull Tommy Alvin's hair but had all the time in the world for him and us.

I honestly cannot find a bad word to say about him.

Just doesn’t happen. We even held onto Gibbs for another year until Adelaide gave us two first rounders.

Massive difference between Gibbs and Petracca.

Gibbs still loved the Carlton Football Club (still does). If not for the pull of family he would have stayed a one club player.

The relationship was not broken.

Trac has already chosen us and will take a pay cut?

I am sure that won’t stop “Carlton supporter” Sam McClure from publicly declaring “no one believes that” like he did when Patrick Cripps said he left money on the table. 🙄

To out it kindly it was an an absolute trainwreck. I
know we were a laughing stock but that interview just reassured that even further. She's an absolute embarrassment to this footy club and the fact she has not reached out to Trac (said it as if it was a non issue) is just bizarre.

I can understand why Trac wants to leave. She is just part of many issues going on at the footy club.

Jimmy Stynes went to my school multiple times a year when I was a kid with his Reach Foundation. Since then I've always wished the best for Melbourne. If it was an Essendon or a Collingwood it'd be funny. However, it's a club with good, honest, supporters who know what it's like to support a club that has been as low as what Carlton have been and who have scratched and clawed their way out of the muck to earn their success. To see it fall apart on so many levels must be infuriating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally don't give a **** about what their off field shenanigans are, I want premierships. If the club sees Stringer as someone that can help do it then I'm all for it.
He's a goal kicking mid who's tough and aggressive who'd easily be a starting 23 in our team as a forward.
I poke a lot of shit at Stringer but, ruthlessness wins you finals just as much as anything and he's got it in spades he'd actually give our side a harder edge.
It's just a mere observation and like I said earlier if the club thinks he can help our push then I'm all for it, if not, then I don't care what he does.

Personally don't give a **** about what their off field shenanigans are, I want premierships. If the club sees Stringer as someone that can help do it then I'm all for it.
He's a goal kicking mid who's tough and aggressive who'd easily be a starting 23 in our team as a forward.
I poke a lot of shit at Stringer but, ruthlessness wins you finals just as much as anything and he's got it in spades he'd actually give our side a harder edge.
It's just a mere observation and like I said earlier if the club thinks he can help our push then I'm all for it, if not, then I don't care what he does.
Where has this stringer to Carlton cone from?

Trac has already chosen us and will take a pay cut?

I am sure that won’t stop “Carlton supporter” Sam McClure from publicly declaring “no one believes that” like he did when Patrick Cripps said he left money on the table. 🙄
They have said “ he will do everything possible to get him to Carlton”. Let’s see if Melbourne play ball. My guess they might not have a chance too play hard but again we did think pav, papley, ROK, ect were all done deals too 😅. Will be interesting once we win the flag this year and the club and him can come out in media 😉 fingers crossed

I just can’t even 😡

Re Stringer:

Club has met with him. Done their due diligence in respect of his contractual situation.

Due to other ongoing developments, we haven't moved beyond putting feelers out. Don't think it'll go any further than this.

#Bluemour

If they could get stringer to drop 10 kilograms someone would take him.

I know he’s got more baggage than A380 but that boy can play.

But I don’t want no fatties!

You’ve got a better memory than me, ODN. But wasn’t Laverde the player we overlooked in order to tBoekhorst?

Most definitely. I was sitting in the stands at the Gold Coast Convention Centre, looking down on the club tables (wish they still did this), and when Boekhorst came up, followed by Laverde, I logged into BigFooty to see the reaction because I knew a lot here wanted Laverde.

Our recruiting often seems to right the mistakes of the past, but this one would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
Doug is great.

I've probably shared this story many times over the years here.

Mum was a primary school teacher. Dougie worked as a sports coach/trainer at Aussie Sports in Spotswood. The schools would send groups of students there all the time.

At one point Doug had done a hamstring. From memory was on crutches. Being a huge footy fan Mum took it upon herself to help Doug. She ran the class as he sat on the sidelines and bellowed support.

Not too long afterward, he left that job but took one at Sportsco at Altona Gate, just outside Kmart (at the time). Every time, without fail, Mum would walk past his store to head into Kmart he'd come running out and give her a hug "Teacher! Teacher!" She'd often have chats with him.

When he broke Teddy Whitten's all-time games record for the Dogs we watched on the highlights show Channel 7 used to show on Saturday evenings. My Dad was an old war veteran and the type to show absolutely no emotion. When Doug ran on Teddy was waiting for him, riddled with cancer, and Doug was in an absolute teens. In contrast to Dad I thought this was funny and weird to see a man cry. On the Tuesday after school Mum took me to Altona Gate. She'd asked Doug if he'd talk to m about it being acceptable for men to display emotion. He spent about 30 minutes just talking to me about it and what it meant to him.

Another time he shared an anecdote of how much fun he had playing Carlton and how he'd pull Tommy Alvin's hair but had all the time in the world for him and us.

I honestly cannot find a bad word to say about him.
Thanks for sharing, love stories like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back