Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few others may need to pull their head in at Melbourne now. Petracca put it all on the table and Melbourne have chosen who they’re backing. Anyone that asks to leave from here will be for ‘cultural reasons’. We need to steer clear.
100 percent correct.
Sounds like the MFC has bowed down to Trac and they'll make changes around him.

This isn't over imo. This will be a huge watch for the next 12 months and we've got to sort our shit out big time.

I saw this as pure and simple there just wasn't any appropriate deal out there that suited the Dees so Petracca had no choice but to stay.

I have no doubt we'll be discussing similar stuff this time next year if we don't make finals.
And he'll be off to the Pies then,the club he grew up supporting?
Wont be our concern then.

So what do the Dees do if Kozzie, AnB, Lever and May all ask for trades? Still keep Trac or just embrace the shit show and trade everyone

Kozzie and ANB will go.

Petracca, Lever and May I would assume are their untouchables and there is no chance of trade there. Just like we have our untouchables.

Yep. Things may well be different in 6 weeks time, but this is 100% damage control due to the Roffey train wreck.
Carefully worded from Petracca.
The part I found interesting was he’s contracted to 2029, and only said he was committed to playing out 2025.
So either that’s a lie to get to closer to trade period, or they agreed to trade him next year

I think we do. I think the hard edge he plays with is just what we need. I don't doubt he's be a good contributor to our on-field performances if he keeps his skin folds under control.

And he can kick them on the run outside 50, which we struggle to do.
Stringer doesn't play with a hard edge. Stringer plays for Stringer. No more. No less.

Always plays better in a year when his contract is up.

Might get us 35 - 40 goals. Would also costs 20 by getting in the way of Harry and Charlie trying to get some easy Joe the Gooses. Does a little for scoring ability. Undoes all of that and more by being a selfish non team orientated player .

He's a perfect match for * for mine and should be left there to rot in their mediocrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stringer doesn't play with a hard edge. Stringer plays for Stringer. No more. No less.

Always plays better in a year when his contract is up.

Might get us 35 - 40 goals. Would also costs 20 by getting in the way of Harry and Charlie trying to get some easy Joe the Gooses. Does a little for scoring ability. Undoes all of that and more by being a selfish non team orientated player .

He's a perfect match for * for mine and should be left there to rot in their mediocrity.
So that's a no from you then?

Didnt stop half this board putting the blinders on and still wanting to do the deal at the expense of our totally fit KPFs.

... Just Sayin' ;)
No blinders. Petracca at Carlton would have been something else. People who didn't want to have him don't watch the game other than their own side IMO. He wins games. Well done Dees for keeping him.

Well, that was an awesome ride but it has sadly come to an end.

We move on with our other targets.

BigFooty thanks you for the traffic.

No blinders. Petracca at Carlton would have been something else. People who didn't want to have him don't watch the game other than their own side IMO. He wins games. Well done Dees for keeping him.
I'm in the camp that whilst I'd love him at Carlton - he's one of the best in the comp - I don't like what him leaving could mean for player contracts and the competition as a whole.

Questions still need to be asked and I’m sure they have but a real in depth look at why, a person Russell, who has been successful everywhere else, had a terrible record at our club?

I find it crazy that someone so well regarded and trained, with a fantastic resume comes and performs worse than at anytime in his career.

This is the concern regardless of who we hire.

I wonder why we kept him so long. He just survived off previous successes the whole time he was at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back