Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't enjoyed the sweet taste of premiership beverages in sooo long that the bluemour thread was almost the highlight of the year.
Now that we're in finals again the bluemour thread has died in the arse.
Kinda weird though how I always check this thread every single time I log on.
Maybe it's a part of premiership withdrawal symptoms?

Something only the older folk among us would understand! LOL

Motlop presents as overweight and lazy. Hamstring issues with Russell aside, he's not the first small forward to succumb to injury... Difference is the good ones come back ready to play, Motlop spent a month in the VFL just trying to get bare minimum levels of fitness.

He needs a very very big pre season.
He needs a boot up the arse.

Edmund is a Carlton supporter and generally has a reliable line of info from the club. I think the club trust him more than any of the other so called journos out there.

God bless yer cotton sox Aph, I'm glad you did, cos Sam E is the 'Good Carlton-Biased-Journo' and this is still Awesome news!

Edmund is a Carlton supporter and from memory a family member of his worked at the Club years ago.

As is McClure.

McClure has ins with some of the former players & coterie types.
Unfortunately for him, he's kind of caught between the Kornes clickbait merchant & a Caro-style newsbreaker.
Sam McClure is what we called a punce back in the day (or poonce depending on where you're from).

Well Sam Mc Clure had better get his arse on the phone to Harry and apologise for the angst he has caused that family.
Absolutely disgusting journalism.

Are morons like him actually aware of the angst they can cause people with the bullshit they concoct for click bait? He should be ashamed that he calls himself a Carlton supporter, and the club should tell him to right royally **** off :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting journalism.

Are morons like him actually aware of the angst they can cause people with the bullshit they concoct for click bait? He should be ashamed that he calls himself a Carlton supporter, and the club should tell him to right royally **** off :mad:

Would have loved the club to come out during that circus performance and shut it down about Harry and given the turd a spray.

Part of me suspects that clubs can’t say much against afl media being part of the company.

I recall when we recruited David Rhys-Jones who was universally hated in the the VFL when we got him - and his first season with us was fairly mediocre, but all was forgiven in the end and not just for his Norm Smith in the 1987 GF.

But our interest in Jake Stringer is seriously flawed - please no!!!

I recall when we recruited David Rhys-Jones who was universally hated in the the VFL when we got him - and his first season with us was fairly mediocre, but all was forgiven in the end and not just for his Norm Smith in the 1987 GF.

But our interest in Jake Stringer is seriously flawed - please no!!!

42 goals from 70 odd scoring shots this year (in a poor team)... that's ALOT more than we're getting from our small/medium fwds currently.

Will Hayward who we were prepared to go long on has kicked 38 goals from 52 shots...

i'm not big on Jake but you can't deny his impact when he's on and he'd make what is already a dangerous forward line even more scarier.

42 goals from 70 odd scoring shots this year (in a poor team)... that's ALOT more than we're getting from our small/medium fwds currently.

Will Hayward who we were prepared to go long on has kicked 38 goals from 52 shots...

i'm not big on Jake but you can't deny his impact when he's on and he'd make what is already a dangerous forward line even more scarier.
Don't care how many goals he's kicked in a end of contracted year .... DO NOT WANT.

Last edited:

he kicks goals, he makes the odd centre clearance but he doesn't do much else and the job of a medium forward is as much about ball retention and repeat entries, stringer is not one to do the team stuff even if he is fit and he's often not.

from the dons board about stringer said:
Can't wait for the inevitable 2 year extension followed by the "best preseason he's had in years" followed by him showing up in round 1 looking like he's swallowed a wheelie bin followed by a soft tissue injury in round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back