Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been accused of calling people terrible thing like clarko a scumbag etc but for some reason it doesnt sit rigjt call
Stringer a flog...i've read somewhere recently that he is actually a nice person. Of anyome personally knows him and can elaborate then great but i don't mind him and am trying to be more open minded 🤣

I have been accused of calling people terrible thing like clarko a scumbag etc but for some reason it doesnt sit rigjt call
Stringer a flog...i've read somewhere recently that he is actually a nice person. Of anyome personally knows him and can elaborate then great but i don't mind him and am trying to be more open minded 🤣
I’ve heard he’s a decent bloke from a guy that worked at the club, I’ve also met him in his Dogs playing days and he was a perfectly normal, pleasant enough guy

I also trust Saad’s judgement and he’s close with him having converted to Islam recently

he kicks goals, he makes the odd centre clearance but he doesn't do much else and the job of a medium forward is as much about ball retention and repeat entries, stringer is not one to do the team stuff even if he is fit and he's often not.
Yet people want to keep Owies

i dont think anyone is saying he is a super dooper small..

hes the best goal scoring and robust smallish player we've got.

what does durdin and motlop do on top of being injured a lot?
Not sure where you think I’m sticking up for Durdin and Motlop over Owies.

If you read my point again it’s only about how people are saying no to Stringer as he has no other strings to his bow. But he kicks more goals than Owies and does more so I find it a pointless argument saying let’s not even contemplate going after Stringer with what we have currently on our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where you think I’m sticking up for Durdin and Motlop over Owies.

If you read my point again it’s only about how people are saying no to Stringer as he has no other strings to his bow. But he kicks more goals than Owies and does more so I find it a pointless argument saying let’s not even contemplate going after Stringer with what we have currently on our list
ok i see. :thumbsu:

McClure has ins with some of the former players & coterie types.
Unfortunately for him, he's kind of caught between the Kornes clickbait merchant & a Caro-style newsbreaker.
McClure informative now works for a club South side.
Any Carlton information he is getting is coming from another club and he is being used, either knowingly or unknowingly, to help another team shake players loose.

Any Carlton information he is getting is coming from another club and he is being used, either knowingly or unknowingly, to help another team shake players loose.

Shake our players loose because they are being mentioned as potential trades, or shake players loose from other clubs, while making us look like the bad guys for hunting contracted players?

You can say SOS and St Kilda. It's okay. We know.

The club in the southside is still Carlton's halfway house or retirement home. If Dow & Stocker float Ross & Sos's boat they can add martin, marchbank and Cunningham. I am sure Owies or Carrol might win the Saints a premiership. They will be proud to have their names on the board next to: marcou, sheldon, wow jones, korkamelis, nixon, and mconville

Spot on.

They've already tried with TDK.

I recall when we recruited David Rhys-Jones who was universally hated in the the VFL when we got him - and his first season with us was fairly mediocre, but all was forgiven in the end and not just for his Norm Smith in the 1987 GF.

But our interest in Jake Stringer is seriously flawed - please no!!!
That's because the Hyphen was a bloody good footballer who never gave up. What I wouldn't give for another David Rhys-Jones in the side again.

Spot on.

They've already tried with TDK.
Exactly, he’s old school, but he knows how to play the game.

It’s not always about the branch he’s shaking, but the end result.

The entire football community knows Harry was never going anywhere, his contract and his commitment to the club was never in doubt.

His name being thrown around was to start in the hope of starting a chain reaction.

Petracca wanted Carlton, dees wanted a tall forward.
We were never going to trade one of our two. Both long term contracted and both no interest in leaving.
But it just so happens that the Saints have one that they wouldn’t mind cashing in on.
And they have had their eyes set on Tom for a while.
It was all going so swimmingly until they actually gauged Tom’s interest. Which was next to none.

Exactly, he’s old school, but he knows how to play the game.

It’s not always about the branch he’s shaking, but the end result.

The entire football community knows Harry was never going anywhere, his contract and his commitment to the club was never in doubt.

His name being thrown around was to start in the hope of starting a chain reaction.

Petracca wanted Carlton, dees wanted a tall forward.
We were never going to trade one of our two. Both long term contracted and both no interest in leaving.
But it just so happens that the Saints have one that they wouldn’t mind cashing in on.
And they have had their eyes set on Tom for a while.
It was all going so swimmingly until they actually gauged Tom’s interest. Which was next to none.

So did Sam make this whole thing up, or did he just make up the part about Harry, in an effort to get the Saints involved as the third party?

Saints trying to palm their problem off on another club. The Saints have Rowan Marshall. Why would TDK want to go there? What a stupid play.

If Sam McClure is working for the Saints, does he need to go under their soft cap?

How can we use a journo on the payroll?

I assume Ross set this up as he worked with Sam on Footy Classified.

So did Sam make this whole thing up, or did he just make up the part about Harry, in an effort to get the Saints involved as the third party?

Saints trying to palm their problem off on another club. The Saints have Rowan Marshall. Why would TDK want to go there? What a stupid play.
Sam could potentially of been just a pawn in all of this.
He gets fed the Petracca information, which was everywhere inside the AFL community.
The Dee’s have been looking for a tall forward for years, and his interest in Carlton was known.

So the story pretty much wrote itself. Whether he was aware of the larger games at play or not, I’m not sure.

The Saints loved the Marshall/Ryder combination. So for them they are looking for another player that can fit the role. A 50/50 split of time forward and ruck with players that are comfortable playing both roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back