Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoS got to be one of the most salty w***ers in footy. A club great for sure, but it's almost comical at how bitter and desperate for revenge he is.

Weitering, TDK, Dow... Next he'll be asking for Curnow or offering Cody Walker a 12 year deal to leave after his first season.

So glad we got rid of the bloke

I'm sure you could maybe put some of it down to revenge.

But I think a lot of it is just that SOS has always been obsessed with his previous draft picks. He was with GWS ones while at Carlton too.

Shake our players loose because they are being mentioned as potential trades, or shake players loose from other clubs, while making us look like the bad guys for hunting contracted players?

You can say SOS and St Kilda. It's okay. We know.
Wow....just how long can SOS keep this vendetta with his former club going, especially as the guys behind him getting the boot are no longer at the club. Maybe we should change his nickname to SOOK instead!!!

I'm sure you could maybe put some of it down to revenge.

But I think a lot of it is just that SOS has always been obsessed with his previous draft picks. He was with GWS ones while at Carlton too.

Still is. Hawked Stocker onto his mates Dodoro and then the Saints before he got the job there and straight away went for Dow.

Wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Cuningham or Marchbank if and when we delist them. When they officially lose Josh Battle I think they'll consider Marchy cheap replacement while they develop someone.

But part of it is a vendetta against Carlton.

McClure informative now works for a club South side.
Any Carlton information he is getting is coming from another club and he is being used, either knowingly or unknowingly, to help another team shake players loose.
^ That deosnt seem legit to me. Much as I dislike him, that would make Sam the most gullible footy journo out there, who can’t even be bothered following up on his info given the source, OR, a total merc who is willing to dirty up his own club to push another clubs agenda, all for a story that makes him less credible.

I know I won’t get an answer on this one. But was Barass70 the pseudonym around here for Sam Maclure? It just seems possible with what is now being posted.

Still is. Hawked Stocker onto his mates Dodoro and then the Saints before he got the job there and straight away went for Dow.

Wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Cuningham or Marchbank if and when we delist them. When they officially lose Josh Battle I think they'll consider Marchy cheap replacement while they develop someone.

But part of it is a vendetta against Carlton.

Did we view it as a vendetta against gws?

He is picking up low grade or unwanted players. Not sure that’s a vendetta.

he kicks goals, he makes the odd centre clearance but he doesn't do much else and the job of a medium forward is as much about ball retention and repeat entries, stringer is not one to do the team stuff even if he is fit and he's often not.

Yet people want to keep Owies

I recall when we recruited David Rhys-Jones who was universally hated in the the VFL when we got him - and his first season with us was fairly mediocre, but all was forgiven in the end and not just for his Norm Smith in the 1987 GF.

But our interest in Jake Stringer is seriously flawed - please no!!!

I’ve read the opinions on Stringer on this thread with interest. On face value he is exactly what we need next year. A bit like Ginnivan was last year. Yet people baulk at both because of their on field personas. Yet everyone swoons over Elijah, myself included, who was a very bad boy off the field. I’m really not sure why that is a concern. I sure hope Austin doesn’t give it much consideration. Clubs need to take risks with mercurially talented players. My only concern about Stringer would be his injuries.

I’ve read the opinions on Stringer on this thread with interest. On face value he is exactly what we need next year. A bit like Ginnivan was last year. Yet people baulk at both because of their on field personas. Yet everyone swoons over Elijah, myself included, who was a very bad boy off the field. I’m really not sure why that is a concern. I sure hope Austin doesn’t give it much consideration. Clubs need to take risks with mercurially talented players. My only concern about Stringer would be his injuries.

I'll say this - Stringer reeks of a guy who has one very good season left in him. Might be a Stewie Dew type pick up in the right team.

^ That deosnt seem legit to me. Much as I dislike him, that would make Sam the most gullible footy journo out there, who can’t even be bothered following up on his info given the source, OR, a total merc who is willing to dirty up his own club to push another clubs agenda, all for a story that makes him less credible.
Yep. That sounds about spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on the source but a mate had a chat with someone who plays at the club.

Cunners, Young, Durdin, Marchy are going to be moved on. There was 5 or 6 but that's all he could remember, asked re Martin but wasn't sure on him.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I think Young might be retained just for insurance.

Not sure on the source but a mate had a chat with someone who plays at the club.

Cunners, Young, Durdin, Marchy are going to be moved on. There was 5 or 6 but that's all he could remember, asked re Martin but wasn't sure on him.

Young has a contract & unless we find someone else he will stay for depth.
His form the last few games has been reasonable.
Martin will not get a contract with us.

Contract puts us in the box seat. Talk mid-season of him looking around for opportunity elsewhere, or us floating the idea.
If we are getting rid of Marchbank & Durdin need to have some sort of replacement in the background.
There does not seem to be any quality key defenders looking to move now, so l suspect we will hold onto Young .

Big, BIG call from the club doing this. These are the type of brave list management decisions that make or break us.

I’m just so glad we’re keeping the main group together, 9 years & 3 coaches since we started rebuilding and I just feel like it’ll start to click with them. 2025 is their year for sure.

Big, BIG call from the club doing this. These are the type of brave list management decisions that make or break us.

I’m just so glad we’re keeping the main group together, 9 years & 3 coaches since we started rebuilding and I just feel like it’ll start to click with them. 2025 is their year for sure.
Great point about keeping the main group together. See groups like Richmond and Geelong who stuttered around the finals for years only for that same core group of players to pull it together and create dynasties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back