Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem is Martin has currency. Why would you throw a draft pick out the window?
We're not throwing him out. We haven't offered a contract but as far as I know, contracts run until Oct 31 so technically, he is still a Carlton player at trade time. He has apparently done a medical with Freo
We should still ask for something from Freo otherwise he needs to nominate for one of the drafts I think????

Carlton gettable notes

• Ben campo won sanfl under 18s best player award. Got 18 votes from 6 games
  • Houston wants to get to Victoria. Carlton saints dogs pies the 4 sides he’s seen. Voss really wants him but Carlton doesn’t wanna give up pick 11
  • No offer still for owies, wants to stay but seems like he’s gonna leave
  • Weitering set to be taken off the market on 6 year deal
  • Jack Martin has interest in heading back to Queensland
  • Laverde suitors Carlton and Geelong
breakfast club fist pump GIF

Carlton gettable notes

• Houston wants to get to Victoria. Carlton saints dogs pies the 4 sides he’s seen. Voss really wants him but Carlton doesn’t wanna give up pick 11

• Haynes to Carlton

Carlton gettable notes

Thank you for saving me from listening to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely amazed that our best small forward is seemingly being pushed out the door

Would have to think that if we aren’t offering him a contract that there is something in the works for someone coming into the club. That’s the only reasoning I can think of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with earlier post Arrow, can’t help but feel Martin owes us big time…

But Carlton doesn’t owe Martin another 3-4 hundred thousand dollars only for him to play 3 games in 2025. Martin shouldn’t be anywhere near our club next year.

Free Agency Compo should be abolished.

Frankly, I think all out of contract players should be free agents.

It's been long enough, the clubs get cap space and list spaces which they can use to attract other players.

If the player is contracted, you trade. Simple enough

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

As long as clubs can trade players anywhere without consent when in contract I’m ok with that, problem is the AFLPA want what you want and don’t want to have a bar of what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If this is what Brad Lloyd is pushing then it looks like he's trying to absolve himself from taking responsibility...

His role as stated on the CFC website is to be responsible for overseeing key functions of the football department including list management, high performance, medical, coaching, operations and wellbeing...
Lloyd should have gone well before now.
High performance and medical is one part of it and it has clearly been a failure - hence the sacking retirement of Russell...
Still think S & C has had a significant role in our overly large, ongoing injury list....
Let's look at list management now... not sure how many people realise this, but we are VERY tight for list spots... and we have pretty much zero trade capital other than our draft picks... too many players signed on too early and for too long... and our list is aging... iinm 6-8th oldest in the league? We should be smack bang in the middle of premiership window with that age demographic and we're yet to finish top 4... it has been a failure to this point.
Sign Owies, pay out Fantasia, for starters. Reward performance!

Target the obvious needs - KPD, a quick mid, anyone who has the gifts of Tyson Stengle!

Coaching... I've made my thoughts clear on this but I'll reiterate, selection integrity is a problem... I don't care how many people are fed up with the terminology, it is what it is. Selecting underdone players, persisting with them when they don't perform, playing them out of their preferred position in order to persist with them whilst pushing other role players out, contract based selections, not giving kids a go...
I'd go as far as getting one or two formers players on the match committee. External eyes. Something is not working here - the selections and non selections were diabolical last weekend...
Then there's the d50 stoppage setups... dreadful. Forward chemistry... also dreadful... smalls that can't win ground ball, don't apply defensive pressure on opposition exiting their d50, don't kick enough goals... Charlie and Harry not working well together, constantly getting in each other's way, Charlie not leading up to the ball carrier...

We have a guy who played forward his whole career coaching the back line and a midfielder coaching our forwards... the playing group have had the same midfield coach since 2015 bar a few seasons...
This is madness (JR as forward coach), our small forwards are largely clueless (Owies aside, who plays more as a leading, 3rd tall type). Eddie Betts!!!
Lack of effort and intensity... you don't start an ef final like that with <= 160 pressure rating... so buy in is gone now too...

So coaching, a failure to this point as well imo.
Don't we have a full time psych at the Club?

Find it really interesting and not in a good way that Owies is in limbo.

Is he asking too much, too long or does the footy dept rate him lower than Durdin, Motlop, Fanta etc and I could
only think that would be based on age because it can't be based on results.

Owies has trade value, but also, he doesn't really play as a small forward for us. It's the way he fits into the team.

Both Motlop and Durdin are more talented, and a lot younger (7 & 5 years).
Fantasia is a stop-gap for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back