Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s an absolute 🛻 If he’s not leading the worst contest win % for a backman in the comp I’ll be shocked.
Essendon mates can’t stand him and yes not good enough to tie the Plows shoelaces

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its interesting how Laverde is rated as shit compared to Weitering. He and Weitering have very, very, very similar numbers as each other over the last 4 seasons. :think:

He’s an absolute 🛻 If he’s not leading the worst contest win % for a backman in the comp I’ll be shocked.
Essendon mates can’t stand him and yes not good enough to tie the Plows shoelaces

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we're pinning our hopes on Haynes and Laverde we're in for a rude awakening.

Our inability to transition is due to our game plan & lack of confidence to move the ball imo. All the players you/I mentioned are more than capable to move the ball up the ground better than most sides, they either choose not to due to instruction or are scared to do so, for whatever reason. Thinking a single player to come in and change our entire setup is very naive imo, what if he gets tagged out?

Saads an excellent kick - penetrating, long & a quick boot to ball. We don't use him near enough anymore, too busy using him as a lock down defender.

Both excellent kicks, McGovern can kick both feet too. What HBF isn't prone to the odd bad decision, comes with the territory as a high risk position.

Once again Houston definitely slightly better, but the price to pay to get slightly better from just 1 player is too much, considering how much a competent small fwd and KPD would help us in comparison.

Again, we don't use Boyd enough. He legit has a Matt Suckling penetration when he gets a hold of it. He either gets to the wrong spots, or he's not the man to use as per coaches instructions.

I like Houston, but as I said I think our HBF's are deep enough. We literally do not have a 2nd KPD (besides Young) or a consistent creative small forward, it's crazy talk to not prioritize them.

Also really just think we need to stop with recruiting the biggest names available. How many stars does one side need before we run out of excuses? Every list has holes, every single one. If we're hell bent on filling whatever holes we have with the best & most expensive player available then we will just chase our tails until our window closes.

I liked the Acres & Hollands acquisitions, more of those. Less Cerra/Williams/Saad/Houston for the time being.

He's better than all of them. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies has been pushing for a contract for weeks and wants to stay. Carlton have yet to offer him anything

I find this strange especially since we gave Durdin Fogarty & Cottrell 2 year extensions
All of which aren’t guaranteed to be first choice best 22 players next year..

And a kid we get with 11 is 18/19. If it’s a first and second that’s 2 kids.
Not saying he’s too old to produce great footy, just that’s it’s a small window with the list.
Can Voss reinvent a game style in an off season? Generally takes at least a couple to adapt & perfect and new style.

Smart play for our future with upcoming compromised drafts especially when this is supposedly a strong draft is to bring in kids not another 27 year old who’s not KPD/quality small forward/quick goal kicking mid which is our greatest need.
How many AA running HB do we need?
We already have 2 & kids coming thru (if given a chance)

Give me the best one. Thats Houston :think:

Interestingly, both Laverde and B. McKay have less turnovers per game this season than Jacob Weitering.

They also both have higher disposal efficiency than Jacob Weitering. 83%, 87% to Weitering's 77%
I actually don't think Weitering had a great season at all. Regardless if he was All Australian. His accountability on opponents was poor imo.

He would answer to the board.

Does answering to the board have players and other coaches submitting feedback that is then relayed? The coaches are all football people and so are the players, its their view on how things are working or what’s not working, is what i hope gets to Voss.

Not just him answering to administrators.

Interestingly, both Laverde and B. McKay have less turnovers per game this season than Jacob Weitering.

They also both have higher disposal efficiency than Jacob Weitering. 83%, 87% to Weitering's 77%
Disposal efficiency is meaningless as a stat - any kick over 40m to a contest is counted as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back