Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houston isn't worth what Port want for him, and it gives them a bonus for signing Isaac Cumming. For ****'s sake Carlton, do some serious groundwork and get the player we need instead of rolling over.

If that can't be done just go with Wilson, he's got the skills.

Just looking at those games, he was at least named in the backline more often than forward. That will explain the 1 goal per game average.

I haven’t watched his, so i assume you’re right and he played a bit down back, that to me rings more alarm bells, it shows that the Swans dont know his position and it shows that he struggles to find the ball.

10 possessions is very bad at VFL level, regardless if you’re playing back or forward, even worse if he’s playing back.

Carlton being Carlton, stupid and idiotic, what a pathetic club we have become, but this is no surprise 29 years of failure and still doing the same wonderful things still looking for a messiah.
IMG_7038.gif

Carlton being Carlton, stupid and idiotic, what a pathetic club we have become, but this is no surprise 29 years of failure and still doing the same wonderful things still looking for a messiah.
Cats are adding bailey Smith, hawks barrass and battle, reckon the pies would be chasing Trac if they had the capital.

It's balanced list management between trading and drafting. The key is doing it smart and not blowing up our draft hand as far as possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong chased Dangerfield, Cameron, TDK (unsuccessfully) and now Bailey Smith. Are they messiah hunting or getting in high quality talent?

Is Houston a messiah? I mean really

Petracca, Judd level type of players are not Houston

Personally I’d prefer Bailey Smith as he suits what we need more, I’d look at Houston if it meant we were able to release someone to go into the midfield like what used to happen in the good old days

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This place has gone mad haha. They’d rather take a speculative risk with pick 11 as opposed to bring in Houston all because we have Wilson who hasn’t played a senior game.
I've been a big advocate of trading but we've only picked up one first rounder in the last 4 drafts. Hollands at 11, next next Moir at 29. The previous top 15 pick before Hollands was Walsh.

We still need to bring in top level talent into the club if we want sustained success. Hopefully we're going for a Geelong / Sydney / Collingwood model of competing year after year, rather than going all out for a 2 year window.

That's a big call.
Hawks, Cats, Lions all boosted by players they drafted last year.

But also, it's not just about 2025.
It's about who helps us win flags.
Yes but Voss won't play pick 11. He has his team......

Or he does play him.... Out of position.... Never to be rotated until the kid breaks down....

If we get Houston we need mids that can break away from their opponents. Cripps, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett and Walsh won’t cash in on what Houston can bring to our backline midfield connection.
C'mon maaaate. Cripps can 1v1 any mid in the comp overhead. Except danger. He's got burst now too.

By the third and fourth quarters if Walsh is playing as a running player and not getting the shit beaten out of him underneath there isn't a mid in the comp that'll be close to him he burns them off.

Cerra has always been good at finding space.

These are a midfield trio that can do this if the setups allow.

Is Houston a messiah? I mean really

Petracca, Judd level type of players are not Houston

Personally I’d prefer Bailey Smith as he suits what we need more, I’d look at Houston if it meant we were able to release someone to go into the midfield like what used to happen in the good old days

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Terry Jones Jesus GIF by MOODMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back