Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm very 50/50 on whether I can be bothered to watch a game or not, it can make the difference.

E.g. I'll probably put the Eagles/Roos game on for a bit today. If Kelli Underwood is commentating I am not likely to keep it on.
It’s Adam Papalia doing the call by call. WA based so does all the WA matches. He has been doing them alone or with Dwayne for the Sunday matches.

I think Kelli is done for the weekend

I'll mute the entire game if Brereton is on. Give me Huddo, Bennett, any of the ABC Radio callers.
Takes some kind of talent to explain something which should be so simple and to the point, into a running waffled explanation that morphs into 4 different conversations at once, then back to the original question and then answered…
He’s truly a one of a kind…

The commentary sucks, I miss Ed, man can call a game. His pot shot at the commentators last week was spot on.
Absolute professional & always gave us huge respect - his knowledge of Carlton history was incredible & even thou he bleeds black & white he understood that a successful Carlton only strengthens the Pies - he was never one to kick us when we were down. The occasional sledge - but that’s just par for the course & was always delivered the right way.

Takes some kind of talent to explain something which should be so simple and to the point, into a running waffled explanation that morphs into 4 different conversations at once, then back to the original question and then answered…
He’s truly a one of a kind…
It's a real shame cause he has a great footy brain. He just can't help taking over commentary with these long rambling chunks of intellectualising and opinion.

Jason Bennett
Ed McGuire

Anthony Hudson

As game callers atm that’s about it…

Dunstall and Lyon special comments are streets infront of the next lot…

Montagna and Dixon i have a bit of time for, they have a good understanding and perspective on the game i like the way they both see and breakdown games in their feedback…

It's a real shame cause he has a great footy brain. He just can't help taking over commentary with these long rambling chunks of intellectualising and opinion.
And if he says the word "genuine" one more time.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the club do a review in the off season? I find the reviews we have done in recent years that have resulted in new coaches have been focused on new starts but haven’t really given answers on how we will get better. Something clearly shifted mid season and I believe the club has a duty to review it so we don’t go backwards again and if we do we can rectify it sooner. As a member I feel we are owed an explanation and those responsible deserve the accolades.

I’m a country member so only get to 5 games per year. The last game I was at was the port game and the atmosphere was so much better then the games I attended earlier in the season. My question to those that go live every week is can you feel the atmosphere intensifying every week? If so surely this makes JSOS and Gov want to stay for less!

You’re a country member………
Don’t worry mate I haven’t forgotten!!!
sorry couldn’t resist!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will the club do a review in the off season? I find the reviews we have done in recent years that have resulted in new coaches have been focused on new starts but haven’t really given answers on how we will get better. Something clearly shifted mid season and I believe the club has a duty to review it so we don’t go backwards again and if we do we can rectify it sooner. As a member I feel we are owed an explanation and those responsible deserve the accolades.
Strange post.

Gough Whitlam: "When Sir Winton Turnbull (a Victorian MHR) was raving and ranting on the adjournment and shouted 'I am a Country member', I interjected 'I remember'. He could not understand why, for the first time in all the years he had been speaking in the House, there was instant and loud applause from both sides."

Gough Whitlam: "When Sir Winton Turnbull (a Victorian MHR) was raving and ranting on the adjournment and shouted 'I am a Country member', I interjected 'I remember'. He could not understand why, for the first time in all the years he had been speaking in the House, there was instant and loud applause from both sides."

I couldn’t resist.

If is good enough for our Federal Parliament and Hansard it’s good enough for Big Footy.

Every board meeting is a review. The coach and CEO get to give progress reports and suggestions.
I dont expect to know what is said and the only thing I have a right to as a member is the good feeling that I am helping the club field a team and a ticket to watch them. And that's through thick and thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back