Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate everyone’s feedback. I guess the coaches and players will get the accolades for the turn around and I look forward to the consistent performance continuing

I certainly get the interest in knowing how the sausage gets made but you'd expect that the club would keep any info like that close to their chests as any weak link could be weaponised.
Going a step further, I'm glad that the consistent leaks of years gone by have dried up & we can focus on what happens onfield rather than off it.
It's a sign of a maturing football club.

This isn't a blumour but more an interesting bit of info. At the beginning of the year, the club engaged a senior MICA paramedic who does leadership training, to work with the leadership group on crisis management. This mainly focusses on how to respond on field when all the momentum is lost, and how to read situations and respond accordingly. He's been at the club throughout the year but did receive a very blunt 'who the hell are you' from a board member when the chips were down a few weeks back.

I think what DrTrain was trying to say was...

Reviews are usually done when things are crap.

Right now we are on a roll. Would be great to really hone in on what changed and keep that going.

We can all see the clear change in the gameplan. And apparently there was some kind of 'line in the sand' moment with the players mid-season.

I understand you can't just take what has happened in the last six weeks and put it in a bottle. But it would be great to at least take some lessons from this season (good and bad periods), add that to the players' and club's toolbox so we can leverage off that in future years.

At the beginning of the year, the club engaged a senior MICA paramedic who does leadership training, to work with the leadership group on crisis management. This mainly focusses on how to respond on field when all the momentum is lost, and how to read situations and respond accordingly. He's been at the club throughout the year but did receive a very blunt 'who the hell are you' from a board member when the chips were down a few weeks back.

Our season was in cadiac arrest at round 13.

Bypass surgery deemed a 100% success.

Our season was in cadiac arrest at round 13.

Bypass surgery deemed a 100% success.

Now it's time for the supporter cardiac arrest part of the season.
Already got the nervous energy going into the last month.

It's a great thing though, even after the heart break last year - much rather this than reading phantom drafts and pretending I know anything about TAC Cup form.

My guess is that various Footy broadcasters will do market research on various (and broad) types of personalities on camera that will get people to watch. I think it says something about those who listen/watch their shows constantly. And for me, I often have to mute commentary during games because the way they often tell the commentary often increases my anxiety. I'm much calmer when watching a game live and without much commentary.
Look at the viewership numbers and tell me most of it isn't the TV's in pubs...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now it's time for the supporter cardiac arrest part of the season.
Already got the nervous energy going into the last month.

It's a great thing though, even after the heart break last year - much rather this than reading phantom drafts and pretending I know anything about TAC Cup form.
True... say we beat StKilda... then we'll be needing most likely 1 win off the last 3 to seal our finals spot... now where did we face that situation most recently....???

True... say we beat StKilda... then we'll be needing most likely 1 win off the last 3 to seal our finals spot... now where did we face that situation most recently....???
In this recurring nightmare I've been having for the last 12 months.... my shrink says it may be a repressed memory of some sort but I can't place it.

Suggest don't do the ladder predictor on the AFL website. That will make you go properly insane. #GUILTY
A win against the saints this week and it becomes much clearer for us, probably only need the 1 win after that to be in.

Far too many games that could go either way though, dogs are playing crap but have hawks and west coast so a win over Richmond or Geelong gets them to 13 wins, saints gws can both still get to 13 and the cats, tigers can get to 12.5 easy enough.

1 week at a time keep winning games of football and we won't need to rely on results to fall out way.

Swans into Harry big time.
After news today, expect it to ramp up.
Yes, I know he has a 6 yr contract
Can't see it happening...

Bur if it did, I reckon we could just about ask for whatever we want, and probably get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back