Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick shout out to the mods for deleting my previous post about a "so called rumour".

Thank you! I hate when people try to spread false information so by you deleting my post it put my mind at ease.

Not long afterwards I saw a moderator of the Carlton group I saw the post in put up a post basically saying not to post any false information or they will be removed from that group.

Thanks again mods in here 😊

You get entry to games and the right to vote at an AGM or special meeting. There's nothing else specified and you still aren't 'owed' anything.

Ha. This again. The righteous demanding their points & premierships. Next they'll want hot pies at the games.

Football clubs in general have the best type of customers. Any other business would kill for customers of this quality.

Hopefully the club is making good use of it

Football clubs in general have the best type of customers. Any other business would kill for customers of this quality.

Hopefully the club is making good use of it
Have never considered myself to be a customer of the CFC, nor do I see it as a business per se.

Have never considered myself to be a customer of the CFC, nor do I see it as a business per se.
Well once upon a time I would have agreed with you.

But, as we have all come to accept, our old way of doing things doesn't work in the era of professionalism, stable management, and salary caps.

All things that tie into us being a business now.

I'm sure I have heard many on here say the old Jack Elliot way didn't work.

The main thing a business needs to operate are it's shareholders, and customers. (the members / fans).

It drives everything we do.

Anyway long story short, if you are happy to pay your money/support without even the slightest modicum of professional standards (onfield) or for anything in return, that is entirely valid, and completely up to you.

Other people want to see results, and that's also fair.

It's not for you to say they are wrong, it's not for me to say you are wrong

But, as we have all come to accept, our old way of doing things doesn't work in the era of professionalism, stable management, and salary caps.

The main thing a business needs to operate are it's shareholders, and customers. (the members / fans).

Football Clubs don't have shareholders as they aren't driven by making profits. Members are the closest things we have to that and not even a membership entitles you to much outside of entry to games, I consider my membership as a donation, realistically, that is what it is.

My ties are to this club, even before the team. Players, coaches, they all come and go, the club is the one constant. That will be hard for some to understand but being part of the club and spending so much time there as a younger person, it played a big part in our lives. Much more than a weekly trip to a shared stadium. I long ago lost any love for the AFL as a competition, it lost its soul long ago. I follow Carlton, not all that interested in what other clubs do.

Jack Elliot's ways absolutely worked for maybe the first ten years of his presidency, his mistake was to refuse to effect the change when the direction of the league moved. The last year's of his presidency were the disaster.

Whichever way you want to look at it, I'll never see my football club as a Business.

Just a quick shout out to the mods for deleting my previous post about a "so called rumour".

Thank you! I hate when people try to spread false information so by you deleting my post it put my mind at ease.

Not long afterwards I saw a moderator of the Carlton group I saw the post in put up a post basically saying not to post any false information or they will be removed from that group.

Thanks again mods in here 😊
anyone?

Football Clubs don't have shareholders as they aren't driven by making profits. Members are the closest things we have to that and not even a membership entitles you to much outside of entry to games, I consider my membership as a donation, realistically, that is what it is.

My ties are to this club, even before the team. Players, coaches, they all come and go, the club is the one constant. That will be hard for some to understand but being part of the club and spending so much time there as a younger person, it played a big part in our lives. Much more than a weekly trip to a shared stadium. I long ago lost any love for the AFL as a competition, it lost its soul long ago. I follow Carlton, not all that interested in what other clubs do.

Jack Elliot's ways absolutely worked for maybe the first ten years of his presidency, his mistake was to refuse to effect the change when the direction of the league moved. The last year's of his presidency were the disaster.

Whichever way you want to look at it, I'll never see my football club as a Business.
Totally agree and concur.
On Elliot, never sure what he really did for us besides Sticks and Braddles and Diesel. Thought the Harris Rice era produced harder teams and more flags.
And we owe Wes Lofts so much for all those periods too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Elliot, never sure what he really did for us besides Sticks and Braddles and Diesel. Thought the Harris Rice era produced harder teams and more flags.
Jack was instrumental in bringing a lot of sponsors to the club. He also implemented some things which put us at the forefront of the league.

For all his faults, he could relate to all those associated with the club. He was just as comfortable relating to those in the outer as he was with those in the corporate boxes. One thing that was undeniable is that everything he did, right or wrong he did because he loved the club. I don't think you can say the same for everyone that has followed.

Anyway long story short, if you are happy to pay your money/support without even the slightest modicum of professional standards (onfield) or for anything in return, that is entirely valid, and completely up to you.

Other people want to see results, and that's also fair.

It's not for you to say they are wrong, it's not for me to say you are wrong
The people's game? Football, finance and society by S. Morrow. Good book talks a lot about this sort of discussion.

The people's game? Football, finance and society by S. Morrow. Good book talks a lot about this sort of discussion.
Will have to check it out.

Wes Lofts was an extremely close friend and associate of my father (who knows nothing about football.)

Genius guy. Legend.

Big jack did what he did and then as they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely

Of course, there are matters of governance and statutory requirements. ( I have already acknowledged the rights of members to vote at AGMs and special meetings) .Those are requirements that you must fulfil.

That wasn't what the discussions have been about. People are saying we are 'owed' success, in terms of premierships etc. That is totally different.
Way to back pedal

Is there a list somewhere of our out of contract players at the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back