Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakob Ryan was Pick 28 two years ago. I doubt enough time has passed to evaluate his prospects at AFL level.

Seems to have some good attributes , foot skills and a good mark. Handy height too.

Jakob Ryan was Pick 28 two years ago. I doubt enough time has passed to evaluate his prospects at AFL level.

Seems to have some good attributes , foot skills and a good mark. Handy height too.
You wouldn't think his stock has risen since then, wonder if the pies would take pick 28 for him now.

But Collingwood have had enough time to evaluate. They've decided that he isn't good enough and should be traded. Add that to what I've seen from him at VFL level and in his draft year, hence why I'm saying pass.

But Collingwood have had enough time to evaluate. They've decided that he isn't good enough and should be traded. Add that to what I've seen from him at VFL level and in his draft year, hence why I'm saying pass.
Makes you wonder doesn't it? Another one I still remember was they had O'Keefe train with them (before we drafted him) but they weren't interested. I can't help wondering if it was a perceived weakness, such as his marking, or whatever. In Ryan's case, nothing great leaps out at you in the clips, so maybe you're right, but who knows, there's got to be something about him to attract the interest of more than one club.

Pies don't seem to be good at developing young talent.
Poulter and McMahon were cut very quickly
They preferred Johnson over Henry who cracked it and left
McRae and McInnes have had limited opportunities and are looking to leave.

5 second rounders all out the door in 4 years

Or maybe they realise that they need to trade in picks after the Shultz deal to make things happen for themselves?

We wanted Jakob Ryan ahead of Cowan which is why we aggressively tried to trade for the first pick of 2nd round that year.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Another one I still remember was they had O'Keefe train with them (before we drafted him) but they weren't interested. I can't help wondering if it was a perceived weakness, such as his marking, or whatever. In Ryan's case, nothing great leaps out at you in the clips, so maybe you're right, but who knows, there's got to be something about him to attract the interest of more than one club.

O’Keefe was training with Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or maybe they realise that they need to trade in picks after the Shultz deal to make things happen for themselves?
Ryan was a 2nd round pick who has shown very little to date. If we give up anything of significance for him I'll be fuming.
We wanted Jakob Ryan ahead of Cowan which is why we aggressively tried to trade for the first pick of 2nd round that year.
Thank god that didn't happen. Cowan is miles and miles ahead of him as a player.

Gee the Rachele situation has taken a turn at the Crom. C4[2]Yo`DooR as our resident SA watcher, any thoughts or word around how this might be tracking?

Rumours he's walked out, probably nothing to it. Although he did like a post saying he should seek a trade.

Bring him home, we can fix him!

Gee the Rachele situation has taken a turn at the Crom. C4[2]Yo`DooR as our resident SA watcher, any thoughts or word around how this might be tracking?

He’s a scape goat under Nicks.

Constantly uses him as the example because Nicks wants a team of robots who conform to everything he says.

He’s a scape goat under Nicks.

Constantly uses him as the example because Nicks wants a team of robots who conform to everything he says.

I heard a sound clip from 5AA radio this morning and there is a rumour that Mark Keane may have walked out of the club as well…..interesting times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keane wants to play for Collingwood

Wants to play for Collingwood but I'd heard their interest has cooled..

Is also contracted for another year so walking out on a checks notes SECOND club with a year remaining would be career sui(ide - (and back to the club he did it to first!)

Also doesn't make sense because for a fair while was towing the 'waiting to see what happens at the end of the season' line, but came out only 2 weeks ago and said his preference was to stay at the club and ensure his long term future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back