Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Collingwood have had enough time to evaluate. They've decided that he isn't good enough and should be traded. Add that to what I've seen from him at VFL level and in his draft year, hence why I'm saying pass.

Have they officially put him on the table?

I'm not sure about his highlights package. He likes to run but he has the long loping gait of Justin Madden, not a 189cm player. It looks strange to me. Seems to be able to gather the ball and kick the ball well.

I just haven't seen whether he can actually defend one on one or not. Certainly don't know enough to question Mark Austin if he is chasing him.

You wouldn't think his stock has risen since then, wonder if the pies would take pick 28 for him now.

It's interesting. At what point does a 2nd year player lose their value? Do they have to have played a certain amount of games to maintain or improve the value? The pressure to play young players must be immense, lest you lose that investment for nothing.

What's the whole story on Rachele recently? All I know is he was dropped...any others context?
Has allegedly been told to be more team focused for a number of weeks. Allegedly told to calm down the celebrations.

Scored a ripper goal in the Showdown, showed his teeth to the crowd.

Was hung out to dry in the media about it. Coach and Rory Laird said it wasn't what their club stood for.

Has been dropped, allegdly for poor performances, despite the fact he's scored 30 goals and is the highest scoring small forward in the comp under 22 years old and his competition in the forward line (especially with Rankine injured) is a bunch of bums like Lachlan Murphy (somehow in the leadership group).

Rachelle liked an isntagram post saying he was mistreated by the club and should leave.

Has allegedly been told to be more team focused for a number of weeks. Allegedly told to calm down the celebrations.

Scored a ripper goal in the Showdown, showed his teeth to the crowd.

Was hung out to dry in the media about it. Coach and Rory Laird said it wasn't what their club stood for.

Has been dropped, allegdly for poor performances, despite the fact he's scored 30 goals and is the highest scoring small forward in the comp under 22 years old and his competition in the forward line (especially with Rankine injured) is a bunch of bums like Lachlan Murphy (somehow in the leadership group).

Rachelle liked an isntagram post saying he was mistreated by the club and should leave.

I'm not really buying this 'hung out to dry' or 'he's been mistreated' narrative.

He's had to get pulled up by teammates on more than one occasion for his behaviours this year. I'm not saying what he says/does is right or wrong but respect Matty Nicks for holding him to the standards the leadership of that footy club set - despite his form or influence in games.

Whether you think those standards are too firm or hypocritical is another matter.

Liking that instagram post, to me, only highlights Rachele's current maturity level. Every player knows (or should) those things that don't get overlooked in the news cycle.

I'm sure he's a good kid, a tad naive & immature but nothing wrong with a bit of tough love in my opinion.

I'm not really buying this 'hung out to dry' or 'he's been mistreated' narrative.

He's had to get pulled up by teammates on more than one occasion for his behaviours this year. I'm not saying what he says/does is right or wrong but respect Matty Nicks for holding him to the standards the leadership of that footy club set - despite his form or influence in games.

Whether you think those standards are too firm or hypocritical is another matter.

Liking that instagram post, to me, only highlights Rachele's current maturity level. Every player knows (or should) those things that don't get overlooked in the news cycle.

I'm sure he's a good kid, a tad naive & immature but nothing wrong with a bit of tough love in my opinion.
It isnt the first time this year though.

He was hung out to dry earlier in the year after he shirked a contest or two and had to front the media and apologise.

This is no way to treat a young player who you value. If he has parts of the game to work on, develop in private and get better.
Putting out a kid as a scapegoat for poor performances might help with your moron fan base but it isnt leadership.

It isnt the first time this year though.

He was hung out to dry earlier in the year after he shirked a contest or two and had to front the media and apologise.

This is no way to treat a young player who you value. If he has parts of the game to work on, develop in private and get better.
Putting out a kid as a scapegoat for poor performances might help with your moron fan base but it isnt leadership.

'hung out to dry'? Doesn't he voluntarily go on a radio gig? I don't think any one from the club is pushing him out in front of the media telling him to apologise.

Maybe if you're regularly 'shirking contests' best not antagonise opposition supporters and just play footy mate...

Appreciate there is two ways to look at this. I'm in the 'hey Josh, it's time to grow up' camp.

He’s a scape goat under Nicks.

Constantly uses him as the example because Nicks wants a team of robots who conform to everything he says.
Contracted far too long and would cost more than Houston at this stage but nice to dream. Should at least put a call in.

Also, Leek Aleer's name came from nowhere. Like it!

Like a new car. As soon as they leave the showroom floor.

I was going to suggest that too, but I'm guessing the amount of value lost depends a lot on draft position and hype.

south park beat a dead horse GIF
beating a dead horse wtf GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted far too long and would cost more than Houston at this stage but nice to dream. Should at least put a call in.

Also, Leek Aleer's name came from nowhere. Like it!
Rachelle seems out of control and it’s clear that Adelaide and Nicks can’t handle his brash and brazenness.

Tupac Shakur must be rolling in his grave.

I was going to suggest that too, but I'm guessing the amount of value lost depends a lot on draft position and hype.
The undrafted (picks) have the value component of "upside". A bit like the "time component" of share options trading.
Once they are in the system in most cases we see what they have and that potential upside is essentially gone. In a few cases the upside actually manifests and you have your rare case of a player worth more than when drafted.

Aleer as a target makes sense to me. KPD is our number 1 priority.
Young, should not cost the earth, Frees up weitering
Should assist our defence
What is his 1 on 1 % win rate?

A 23 YO KPD (Aleer) should be the priority over a 28 YO HBF (Houston).
23.6% loss rate, so about average.

Below 20% is very good, below 15% is elite, then there's Weitering at about 10%.

I loved how Aleer, down at Kardinia Park when Taylor was out, dropped a mark in the last quarter which cost a goal in a tight game and instead of dropping his head won the Giants the game with outstanding positioning and use of his athleticism.

That first contest between he and Harry at Marvel, just wow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aleer would be spectacular if we could prise him loose.

Have been over oppo lists many times and thought him to be very high on the list of players I would target.

Contracted for another year, was a great investment by GWS. PICK 15 was a stretch, but it is justified. They didn’t know at the time how well Buckley was going to come on. Aleer is AFL quality but remains behind Taylor and Buckley, as well as third tall Idun and interceptor Himmelberg.

I did not think there would be a hope in hell that GWS would release him in contract, particularly to a rival “ in the window”. Would absolutely be worth our first rounder this year or next. Would not be on huge money at GWS, so I am sure we would/ should be attractive to him. Getting them to trade him may be another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back