Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much more but am asking. Club certainly doesn't leak as much info as when Teague was in charge

There is a feeling that Haynes is a back up/coaching/development type role. May play for a year then coach? I don't think he is seen as answer for our backline
I mean, if we didn't get Leek, he's a good option in the short term. If he came across purely to be backup and costs a nickel, I won't be disappointed.

I'm sure we have a spare forward we can trade to Melbourne. Fantasia for one, proven match winning prowess on Anzac day games. Owies, he played basketball you know so may end up a 400 game player like Pendles. Jack Martin - abundant X-factor will work his hardest to be fit for his 1-2 games a year. Motlop another who will thrive under the tutelage of Pickett.

Alright they've twisted my arm, Fantasia, Motlop our 2nd rounder and future 3rd, for Petracca and their 3rd rounder.
Throw in Hudson O’Keefe who is a project player that’ll develop nicely under Gawn into a genuine top liner like all of his sparring mates!

They can even have Cuningham, his hammies are fine.. promise!

Throw in Hudson O’Keefe who is a project player that’ll develop nicely under Gawn into a genuine top liner like all of his sparring mates!

They can even have Cuningham, his hammies are fine.. promise!
They couldn't make Gawn and Grundy work, but how about Gawn and Pitto? Pitto knows his place as a second stringer and I'm sure Gawn's daughter is a Taylor Swift fan so they'll get along.

Pitto + Motlop for Trac.

They couldn't make Gawn and Grundy work, but how about Gawn and Pitto? Pitto knows his place as a second stringer and I'm sure Gawn's daughter is a Taylor Swift fan so they'll get along.

Pitto + Motlop for Trac.
Hmm hard sell, maybe Mirkov + Motlop and a 3rd rounder coming back?

At least this is all an interesting conversation, I think Trac is going to be the reminder to all the clubs that big long term contracts aren’t necessarily the best thing for a club.
Yes u get stability but these contracts are heavily favorable for the players.

Personally I think the trend for long contracts on huge coin are blatantly stupid for the club given the very real risk of injury & the shit that happens at clubs.

I don’t think clubs want them, they’re being forced on them by gun players and their managers.

The concussion stuff and the fact now you get 2 bits of stuff all cap relief and no insurance for new players from this year I think they’re on the way out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

David Trotter of Hemisphere Management said there was no substance to his client being involved or even getting involved.

“There is absolutely no way Harry would consider going to Melbourne,” Trotter said.
“Harry will not be going anywhere. Carlton have said it’s not coming from them and Melbourne have said its not coming from them.
“Harry is an absolute no. 100 per cent.” The Blues are set to speak to McKay today to put him at ease as the club prepares for an elimination final against Brisbane next Saturday night.

No to Trac.

We need to: 1. Bolster our key defensive stocks 2. Inject our midfield with running power 3. Continue working with our current crop of young un's - I love what the likes of Hollands, Binns, Lord, and Moir have shown over the last two weeks.
This.

Yep totally agree, but I wasn't going down the game plan track....as our game plan shits me ...
I was talking on a purely player approach.

Our game plan consists of kicking long to a contest and hope for the best... As I said ...it shits me.

I see teams ( even wet toast ) kicking out of the backline to a player, then player...etc.
Like a good game of basketball etc...

Please don't start me on our shit game plan....every team could consistently kick to contests and get a 50/50 outcome and pat yourself on the back and think it works ..
Grrrrr

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, but if you paid as much attention to every rebound for every other club you'd find that they too kick long to contests on a pretty regular basis. Confirmation bias is a thing.

We do go down the line a fair bit, and probably a bit more than a number of other clubs. But we have seen some genuine intent with corridor kicks this season, especially prevalent early in the year when our turnover game was going guns blazing, to the detriment of our stoppage game.

We've also got the personnel for it, too - two elite KPFs, an athletic young ruck, Cripps, Acres, Elijah and Martin who are all strong in the air. Execution is generally poor though - placement of the long kick doesn't often suit our talls.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

No to Trac.

We need to: 1. Bolster our key defensive stocks 2. Inject our midfield with running power 3. Continue working with our current crop of young un's - I love what the likes of Hollands, Binns, Lord, and Moir have shown over the last two weeks.

Yep, perhaps invest a bit more in the youngsters to fill voids in the team. They were drafted for a reason, and have shown good signs over the past couple of weeks.

Improve the skills and the fitness/HP results.

Get drafting again (with some pace, skills and/or future proofing KPP stocks) while trying to fill the KPD hole…L.Aleer a v.good spot/target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s picks or nothing.

Jeremy Cameron went to Geelong for picks - albeit quite a few of them.

The media can scream all they like about “Harry McKay will get it done” but they can just **** off.

The talk about Harry is purely media driven as they can’t countenance the thought of us gaining Petracca without losing a marquee player in return.

We should all be driving the narrative “it’s picks or nothing”.

Last edited:
If we are in a position to get Trac and then let him get to Collingwood instead, I’d spew.

They’d most likely continue beating up on us and would likely contend again too. Trac, JDG, Naicos is a bloody powerful midfield. Collingwood understand the benefit of power players.

We get Trac and it’s us with the ridiculous midfield (and the flag is ours to lose).

I’m convinced that many fans don’t know what we’re missing with a player like Trac bc it’s been donkey’s years since we’ve had anyone similar.

Petracca at Hawthorn wins a premiership
Petracca at Carlton destroys a culture.
Why you ask because Hawthorn build from the ground up and Petracca is like the cherry on top
Carlton have never built the foundation properly and Petracca just perpetuates our obsession with star players, quick fixes and sugar hits

If we are in a position to get Trac and then let him get to Collingwood instead, I’d spew.

They’d most likely continue beating up on us and would likely contend again too. Trac, JDG, Naicos is a bloody powerful midfield. Collingwood understand the benefit of power players.

We get Trac and it’s us with the ridiculous midfield (and the flag is ours to lose).

I’m convinced that many fans don’t know what we’re missing with a player like Trac bc it’s been donkey’s years since we’ve had anyone similar.

Ah always wanting what we can’t have, grass always greener etc.

Trac is great, but if he is still traumatised will he be the same player?

At the very least McKay and TDK have to be off limits.

No to Trac.

Goal kicking mids that remove our unhealthy reliance on Cripps should be priority #1...

Doesn't mean ignore other areas of our list that needs to be improved, but a player like Leek Aleer shouldn't cost more than a second rounder... if we can't get him, try and poach someone else for around that price.

Today's news has probably killed the Harry for Trac talk anyway and there's no way we're giving up TDK for him either so he'll probably stay there or at the very least, won't be coming to Carlton.

Why you ask because Hawthorn build from the ground up and Petracca is like the cherry on top
Carlton have never built the foundation properly and Petracca just perpetuates our obsession with star players, quick fixes and sugar hits

Rubbish.

Re. The Harry rumours: Please NO. Trading a 27 year old (next year) key position player at the top of his game and who has demonstrated his worth for a 29 year old coming off a serious injury who will possibly not regain the (great) form he had in the past - at least not for too long into the future. If it were to happen the deal must be HEAVILY in our favour and only if Harry was keen to go.
NO NO AND NO... I don't want harry going amywhere

Ground up???

Hawks have 11 players on their list from other clubs, we have 15.

Carlton definitely built from the ground up but over the past few years went the trade route. Which is what the Hawks have also started to do.

No idea why you feel the need to rubbish a club you barrack for, it’s getting old really fast!

Ah always wanting what we can’t have, grass always greener etc.

Trac is great, but if he is still traumatised will he be the same player?

At the very least McKay and TDK have to be off limits.

Not at all.

Any sensible evaluation of (a fit) Petracca shows that he’s top 5 in the comp (arguably numero uno and would be #1 playing with Cripps imo) and a very rare commodity of a powerful, line-breaking, goal-kicking mid (the type that win flags)… and he would give us one of the all-time great midfields.

Trac could play FF and be a Coleman contender, but he’s more valuable up the field. Awesome flexibility for us to have in our arsenal though.

McKay not off limits (from my PoV). TDK I’d have to give a little more consideration. Weiters and Walsh would be off limits bc the net benefit would be minimal.

If we enter 2025 with a similar team but having added Aleer and Houston, we will be in the top few flag favourites, with good reason. If we go in with Trac, Houston and Aleer (and no H) we will be outright flag favourites, with very good reason.

You won’t hear many objective non-Carlton fans saying that we’d be better off keeping H and letting Trac slip through our fingers (provided he’s fit and the trade doesn’t cause disharmony). You won’t hear many objective Carlton fans saying it either.

The benefit is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back