Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Martin and Motlop to Freo for next year's first. They want Martin and always wanted Motlop. Both WA boys anyway.

Trade Carroll and our second to West Coast for their 2nd rounder.

Trade Owies to whoever it was that was chasing him for a second rounder. His value is higher this year.

Trade Cerra, our future first, and West Coast's 2nd to Melbourne for Petracca. Dees did court Cerra at one point.

Trade our first to Port for Houston.

Trade Freo's future first to GWS for Aleer.

Keep our second in case Ben slips past their and we can use it, or give it to Freo to get that deal across the line.

I reckon Cerra might be open to a trade. His soft tissue injuries haven't been managed well, and he's been forced to play at half-back to fit in our bulls. Also helps greatly with the cap.

Maintain all of our elites, and add Aleer, Houston and Petracca ... who wouldn't

Yes, I know our small forward stocks are reduced to Durds, Fantasia, Williams and Fog, but that's quite doable.
See? You came up with a perfectly legit set of options and we didn’t need to trade Harry at all 👌😆

Most of these examples reinforce my arguement that star recruits work as the cherry on top, when everything else at your club is right.

The first example Geelong- Danger and Cameron came into a winning premiership culture

Lynch at Richmond came into a premiership side

Prestia, May and Lever are not quite in the Patracca, Danger, Cameron & would not cost as much

How much was right at the Bulldogs when they traded their captain out for Boyd?

See? You came up with a perfectly legit set of options and we didn’t need to trade Harry at all 👌😆

I was dreaming about trade options in my sleep last night. Woke up and had to try to piece them together.

Trade Martin and Motlop to Freo for next year's first. They want Martin and always wanted Motlop. Both WA boys anyway.

Trade Carroll and our second to West Coast for their 2nd rounder.

Trade Owies to whoever it was that was chasing him for a second rounder. His value is higher this year.

Trade Cerra, our future first, and West Coast's 2nd to Melbourne for Petracca. Dees did court Cerra at one point.

Trade our first to Port for Houston.

Trade Freo's future first to GWS for Aleer.

Keep our second in case Ben slips past their and we can use it, or give it to Freo to get that deal across the line.

I reckon Cerra might be open to a trade. His soft tissue injuries haven't been managed well, and he's been forced to play at half-back to fit in our bulls. Also helps greatly with the cap.

Maintain all of our elites, and add Aleer, Houston and Petracca ... who wouldn't

Yes, I know our small forward stocks are reduced to Durds, Fantasia, Williams and Fog, but that's quite doable.

We wont be able to afford Houston and Petracca in the cap.

Id rather forgo on Houston, go for Aleer instead and go all in on Petracca, saving later picks for points for at least one of the Campo boys.

Aleer wont be that expensive. He hasn't shown much at AFL level (despite being a former number 2 pick).

I say we shop Pittonet around and retain Cerra. Back in TDK (with McKay, McGovern and JSOS as backup plus Aliir and a project Rookie ruck).

Ok...

I wanted to leave it at that.. but no, you had to chime in and be a smart arse...

Now, let's break down your nonsense:

Trading Harry for Petracca = selling the farm... not only is that so far off the mark, it's actually delusional... and what's more crazy is stating that I WANT to do that... not even what I said... what I said was, it would take Harry to get the deal done in all likelihood and if the club choose to do that, it won't be so bad given other clubs in recent times have proven that you can win a flag without two dominant key forwards...

Petracca alone does nothing to solve the problem?... but Cripps alone is fine... crazy talk. Oh wait, nah he's got Kemp (in yet another positional change for him and unproven at best), 31 yr old Doc off another ACL and the Campo twins... yeah real smart buddy...

Uncontracted players not getting a game at other clubs... yeah that hasn't been an option for the last 10 years has it? Yet here we are in 2024 STILL relying on Cripps to enter beast mode to get our engine room going...

Yeah, you might think you're smart by making all these very speculative midfield changes, pretending like as if they'd have 10% of the effect of bringing in Trac (a proven star mid) but in reality, like I said... it's all nonsense.

Oh, and we can still VERY easily address the 2nd KPD role too...
This is a bit of a strawman effort here, you've ignored several points, and you can happily find my suggestions for uncontracted and free agent players in the List Management thread.

I'd be pretty worried if any player in the AFL couldn't deliver 10% of what Petracca can add, because Dow was doing plenty more than that just fine, simply by being a point of difference. Even Carroll and Cuningham do it, they just have their own unique fitness concerns and both are probably out the door.

Cripps isn't on his own, we've been running on fumes for weeks with a bunch of nicked up mids, some of whom have been out of position, others the coaches are misusing. We need more athletic output in that part of the ground, but not necessarily more top tier mature talent.

Last edited:

Id rather forgo on Houston, go for Aleer instead and go all in on Petracca, saving later picks for points for at least one of the Campo boys.

Aleer wont be that expensive. He hasn't shown much at AFL level (despite being a former number 2 pick).

I say we shop Pittonet around and retain Cerra. Back in TDK (with McKay, McGovern and JSOS as backup plus Aliir and a project Rookie ruck).

Aleer was pick 15 in 2021. Giants' second pick of the night, not 2nd pick overall

Call me cynical, but the media pile-on on Petracca in the last 24 hours is designed to widen any cracks that might be there.

The strong mail is he's 100 percent gone.

Lloyd and others in the know claim to have spoken to players who don't want him there, and who can confirm he doesnt want to be there anymore under any circumstances. It's gotten toxic.

It's more of a 'where to' than an 'if' at this stage.

Agreed.

Think he was pick 15?

Who do we give up for Trac?

This is a bit of a strawman effort here, you've ignored several points, and you can happily find my suggestions for uncontracted and free agent players in the List Management thread.

I'd be pretty worried if any player in the AFL couldn't deliver 10% of what Petracca can add, because Dow was doing plenty more than that just fine, simply by being a point of difference. Even Carroll and Cuningham do it, they just have their own unique fitness concerns and both are probably out the door.

10% figuratively... not literally... point is Kemp, Doc (coming back from another ACL at 31) and Campo bros are all unproven at best... no one in their right mind would rather play these guys instead of Trac...

Cripps isn't on his own, we've been running on fumes for weeks with a bunch of nicked up mids, some of whom have been out of position, others the coaches are misusing. We need more athletic output in that part of the ground, but not necessarily more top tier mature talent.

Walsh's body is struggling with an inside role... he should be played outside. Kennedy can't deliver i50... Hewett isn't much better. Walsh is no good at it too... Cerra is, but he's never out there... that leaves us with who exactly to support Cripps? When the going gets tough, it is always up to him to get us going...

On top of that, none of them kick enough goals on a consistent basis...

Trac most definitely addresses these glaring needs... he's not just some hail Mary...

10% figuratively... not literally... point is Kemp, Doc (coming back from another ACL at 31) and Campo bros are all unproven at best... no one in their right mind would rather play these guys instead of Trac...

Walsh's body is struggling with an inside role... he should be played outside. Kennedy can't deliver i50... Hewett isn't much better. Walsh is no good at it too... Cerra is, but he's never out there... that leaves us with who exactly to support Cripps? When the going gets tough, it is always up to him to get us going...

Trac most definitely addresses these glaring needs... he's not just some hail Mary...
I wasn't suggesting 10% of what Petracca can do either, I was suggesting 10% of what he can add over what we have.

Walsh I want on the wing, and have for 2 years, that's something I talk about almost every week.

The rest comes down to getting some more speed in the mix from HB and right through to HF, and probably sending a mid out to another team. Our forward system and confidence in our smaller forwards is also an issue.

Petracca is one way of solving some of this, but I'm suggesting others. Walsh, Acres, and Cerra could easily be goal a game mids if we were utilising them better.

And enough with the underestimating of Kemp: he's running around all day, he's tackling like a small, he's evasive, creates mismatches and he's extremely clean off the deck and feeding the ball out by hand. He's done enough out on the football field to show he's capable in that role, the rest is embedding of and educating on stoppage tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine a world where you actually had to work to convince people that Trac is an out and out superstar who would likely get us to our next flag…

Who do we give up for Trac?

At the moment, we have 2 x 1sts (this year and next years).

We can trade a future 1st for one of the Suns 1st rounders this year (with a third coming back for more points for Campo).

We also have Martin, Carroll, Owies and Pittonet we can trade out. Each of those 4 are worth 2nd rounders or thereabouts.

Trading out all 4 gives us something like 5 x 2nd round picks and a fair bit of cap space.

We can flip 3 of those seconds into another 1st (with maybe a third or something coming back) and still have 2 left over for more points/ trades.

That leaves us with 3 x 1sts, and 2 x 2nds to use for Trac and another player (Aleer).

We pay for Campo with points from our thirds, going into deficit next year.

And enough with the underestimating of Kemp: he's running around all day, he's tackling like a small, he's evasive, creates mismatches and he's extremely clean off the deck and feeding the ball out by hand. He's done enough out on the football field to show he's capable in that role, the rest is embedding of and educating on stoppage tactics.

Jim, come on... saying that Kemp is unproven as a mid is not underestimating him... it's a fact. Stating that we can play him in that role and that it will address issues we have is your opinion...

We also have Martin, Carroll, Owies and Pittonet we can trade out. Each of those 4 are worth 2nd rounders or thereabouts.

Trading out all 4 gives us something like 5 x 2nd round picks and a fair bit of cap space.

We can flip 3 of those seconds into another 1st (with maybe a third or something coming back) and still have 2 left over for more points/ trades.

That leaves us with 3 x 1sts, and 2 x 2nds to use for Trac and another player (Aleer).

We pay for Campo with points from our thirds, going into deficit next year.

I very much doubt anyone is giving us a 2nd rounder for a 30yo who is perennially injured. He's going to get us a 3rd rounder at best.

Also big doubts on Carroll being worth a 2nd rounder too... the guy has played what 15 games this year? Had hardly any impact in a lot of those games, often gets subbed out. He has youth on his side, another 3rd rounder potentially.

Owies could be worth a 2nd rounder.

Pittonet isn't going to be traded.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this to play out... bit too unrealistic for mine...

We are not going to land Petracca by getting rid of a bunch of fringe players to supplement our 24 and 25 1sts.

If Melbourne were smart, if and when Trac requests a trade to us, then they'd have to realise that its time for them to refresh their list because their flag window will be slammed shut. So picks should be very lucrative to them especially with Tassie around the corner...

I'm thinking it'll cost us something like 24 + 25 1sts + Cerra for Trac + a 2nd rounder (#38)

If we can get a 2nd rounder for Owies that leaves us with three 2nd rounders this year. Just guessing we trade him to the Tigers for #29.

Aleer + a 3rd for 2 of those 2nd rounders, maybe #29 + #38.

So we have 1 x 2nd, 1x 3rd plus whatever we get for Martin and Carroll to spend on Campo bros.

OUT:
#11 + F1 + #29 + #38 + Cerra + Owies + Martin + Carroll

IN:
Petracca + Aleer + B.Campo + L.Campo

Petracca to Carlton. Our future first and cerra to St Kilda. Max King and st kilda’s first round pick to Melbourne.

We could also try for a 3 way deal with Richmond for Lynch but he’s already 31. Cerra was keen on Richmond as he grew up a tigers fan but ended picking us for a better deal and better opportunity to win a flag. Richmond probably doesn’t want Lynch anyway - but Dees may not either given his injury history.

Richmond has to meet the minimum salary cap so Cerra could get paid more there. Likewise it would be a good fit for Owies.

Richmond could also be a good partner for a salary dump given they will have excess salary cap and want as many talented kids as possible - so could be an opportunity if we decide to offload McGovern or Williams. However not sure we have the draft capital to get that done given we are also trying to bring in best 22 players while our window is open.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Maybe Petracca is the culture problem ?.
As opposed to Joel Smith (drugs suspension hanging over his head) Joel Smiths' father (willing to throw anyone under the bus to make his son seem less guilty) Clayton Oliver (drugs, attitude, etc) Glenn Bartlett (previous president with an axe to grind and throwing hand grenades) Simon Goodwin (previous association with * drug regime, victim of previous hand grenades) and Gary Pert (nothing to see here) and the Melbourne medical team (sending a critically injured player back onto the field)?

No, I don't think so.

Trac on the market haha smells of the Dylan Shiel shite a few years back, we’ll try our best, get gazumped by * because they are crying out for a mid/forward, “marquee” player to hang their futile hopes on instead of Darcy parish
Do it *, you know you want to.

A couple of issues.

1. Broken footballer is pure hyperbole.

2. In 4 years time, Cripps is retired, Saad is retired and Weitering, McKay and Curnow are 30+.
And then when they're retired or coming to the end, we have giant holes in the age profile.

And to make matters worse Tasmania are getting the bulk of high draft picks.

I can guarantee you that normal football clubs who don't have a messiah complex are looking to hit the draft over the coming years. We don't need to get Petracca to win a flag. We can get value from cheap pick ups, like Hawthorn have done, and identify the right young talent. We have enough stars on the list.

As opposed to Joel Smith (drugs suspension hanging over his head) Joel Smiths' father (willing to throw anyone under the bus to make his son seem less guilty) Clayton Oliver (drugs, attitude, etc) Glenn Bartlett (previous president with an axe to grind and throwing hand grenades) Simon Goodwin (previous association with * drug regime, victim of previous hand grenades) and Gary Pert (nothing to see here) and the Melbourne medical team (sending a critically injured player back onto the field)?

No, I don't think so.

Off topic but in fairness to Bartlett he was the first whistleblower on the bad culture at the club. Roffey is the one more at fault by sweeping it under the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back