Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the best you come up with? Young is not SDK... so you believe that

1. SDK would have prevented the 9.6 goal head start we gave the Lions??

2. Young was responsible for our 9.6 goal deficit??

How about accepting reality that despite a second KPD being an area of concern, its not anywhere near our biggest problem?

A first year draftee is not going to do better... but 2 first round picks that help address our bigger issues is a much smarter way to build a premiership side going forward...
Again, moot point. Not sure why you are fixated on this match. It has no relevance to your original point.
There's really no point getting bent out of shape over it, like you said, I'm not our list manager 😝

Answer me this, if SDK is the answer to us "getting it done", why is it that we were 60-0 against the Lions despite Young doing a solid job?
Bringing in too many underdone players, out of form and an unsustainable crash and bash contest method that lacks a system of methodical ball movement.

Of course cherry picking, just doing what most here do… But it shows not all players take 2 years like the post I quoted. You should know this

I do know that some kids can show solid signs early, but from mid to late 1st round, it's an exception to rule and certainly doesn't change the fortunes of a club from one year to another

I'm happy to go to the draft, to rejuvenate the list medium to longterm, and add some cheap mature aged players

Not as much of a cherry pick as referencing Zorko's form at 35 and using that to argue Houston has about 8 more good years of footy in him...

I've never mentioned Zorko, but there are plenty of players that are still playing great footy at 28+

Not sure why the focus is on just one player though

Again, moot point. Not sure why you are fixated on this match. It has no relevance to your original point.
There's really no point getting bent out of shape over it, like you said, I'm not our list manager 😝

Well I'm fixated on it because it exposed our true weaknesses... and not for the only time this year...

Young was nowhere near our problem in that game and we got absolutely belted...

My original point was he's not worth 2 first rounders and he's clearly not going to address our biggest concerns...

To get him back playing footy after knee surgery?

Carlton played TDK as the sub coming off of injury? Is he also a fringe talent?

No! The coaches are trying to protect their players coming back from severe injuries so they don’t do long term damage.
We all understand that knackers…. We just winding you up😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To get him back playing footy after knee surgery?

Carlton played TDK as the sub coming off of injury? Is he also a fringe talent?

No! The coaches are trying to protect their players coming back from severe injuries so they don’t do long term damage.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the stance the Cats took with SDK and he is worth more than 1 1st round pick

We had the Curnow brothers recently playing together, then we chased Elijah so he could play with Ollie, and now we’re looking at Sam to join Tom.

What is this fixation on pairs of brothers into the team….are we building an Ark or something?

Not sure you understand how the Ark worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm fixated on it because it exposed our true weaknesses... and not for the only time this year...

Young was nowhere near our problem in that game and we got absolutely belted...

My original point was he's not worth 2 first rounders and he's clearly not going to address our biggest concerns...
I'm only trying to solve the KPD conundrum.
But, I get it, and yes there's a lot more to address. However, I doubt 2 x 1st rounders is going to solve those concerns either.

SDK best footy has been as an intercept defender, which role do we prefer Weiters to play ?

Can’t recall ever seeing Weitering beaten in a one on one contest.
Working with another serious KPD so he’s not trying to be everything for everyone would take Weitering to another level and seriously set up our backline …

We had the Curnow brothers recently playing together, then we chased Elijah so he could play with Ollie, and now we’re looking at Sam to join Tom.

What is this fixation on pairs of brothers into the team….are we building an Ark or something?
Jeremy McGovern next….

We’ve finished the last three seasons 9th, 5th & 8th.

Let’s not be naive. We have half a dozen players who are elite. After that it drops away pretty rapidly.

Hawthorn & Brisbane may not have the starpower of our top 6 but the quality in their depth is far superior to ours.

We ain’t just lacking a little around the edges.
I did ask this question yesterday, but how do we finish 5th when making a preliminary final ?
Surely that makes us at least 4th ?

I've never mentioned Zorko, but there are plenty of players that are still playing great footy at 28+

Not sure why the focus is on just one player though

You don't have to mention... you liked a post making reference to Zorko possibly winning their b&f this year after I said we shouldn't be handing out 1st round picks for a hbf like Houston...

Didn't feel like calling out that cherry pick?

Campo twins?

Nick Watson pick 5
Calsher Dear pick 56
Logan Morris pick 31
Darcy Wilson pick 18

So on and so forth don’t agree with your 2 years. It’s not that easy to pigeon hole draftees like that

Not nowadays anyway, they seem to mostly come in and hit the ground running and have impact early especially the first rounders

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back