Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - and the amount of talent we have in the backline is already enough. We have a problem with ball movement but that's a gameplan issue rather than talent.

We've had Weiters/McGovern/Newman/Saad there who are all highly rated. Boyd is rated as a good kick as well. We shouldn't need to have 6 A-graders in the backline for it to function well.
it's the midfield.... that is the problem.

And the forwards before them... defensively.

Jack Lukoscious can play (very smart footballer) and play back or front...we should sound him out.
Do you really think that Vossy would be interested in him. Knowing that he is more averse to physical contact than even

LOB was. He is tall and an elite kick, just find it hard to believe that our coach would be into him.

houston will most likely go a victorian club that is in contention and offers the better contract....being close to vossy or silvagnis and what picks are given to port are prolly all secondary

given our cap squeeze filth will prolly offer a better contract and prolly get closer to satisfying ports pick requests

We certainly should be desperate for a premiership and leaving no stone unturned to achieve this in the short term.

You’re preaching to the converted here, its what i wish we were doing and I’m annoyed we are not. If not Houston then someone else.

I disagree with your point we aren’t desperate for anything in regards to players, a player like Barass would be fantastic for us and a quality small forward would be fantastic, they are areas of need but one could argue we aren’t desperate for cover.
maybe it is what we're doing, just not singing it from the treetops!

Do you really think that Vossy would be interested in him. Knowing that he is more averse to physical contact than even

LOB was. He is tall and an elite kick, just find it hard to believe that our coach would be into him.
Agree but think of the fun we would have with both Port and GC if we started to be annoying in these discussions .... might be a good lesson to them. ;)

When Saad does play a role on someone (e.g., Charlie Cameron), he rarely loses. Dont think we can blame Saad here, definitely a coaching question/issue.

Saad was shown repeatedly paying no respect to his opponent at D50 stoppages that resulted in goals, its an area of his game he can improve, in open play i find him great defensively, his lapses at the stoppages though need improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our football department needs a shake up. There is a lack of intellectual fire power and mongrel. Watching Austin speak does my head in. "Let's see what happens, we'll go to the draft." mantra is crap. Make something happen..just do! Lloyd seems as useless as ice to the Eskimos. Our MC picks the team in Round 1 and misses the changes going on around them. Our assistant coaches can't devise any plan whatsoever to get the ball to our key forwards unless we win the clearance. I really dislike Hawthorn but Sam Mitchell has all the mongrel we don't and doesn't accept any crap. I'd like to see some of that..I
CB
Would you like Austin to be more like Leppitsch?

His comments re his confidence landing Houston is about as dumb as they come.

Up goes the price for Suns pick & up goes the price for Houston from The Power.

Austin keeps his cards close to his chest for the betterment of the club - rather than “win” trades publicly.

Do we know what he’s really thinking - maybe not.

Is it a coincidence Houston’s management are leaking his want to go to Carlton?

This game is best played strategically.

Last edited:

Austin keeps his cards close to his chest for the betterment of the club - rather than “win” trades publicly.

Do we know what his really thinking - maybe not.

Always regarded Leppa as particularly thick....

Was a terrific player (thankfully for him).

Long term big footy lurker, first time commenter.
Hearing Carlton are trying to pursue Mark Blicavs as a versatile veteran who can play all over the ground including ruck with premiership experience.

i could think of worse, and is definitely a cheap defender option. likely past his best and likely to retire rather than leave geelong, who could easily feature next year.

other clubs really missed the boat with him and cam guthrie. they were on the outer at geelong and could have been traded to their clubs closer to their prime.

Has good pace and is a very good field kick, shame he's so short, imagine if he was E Hollands size with those skills. Only really fits as a small forward.
Would love to see him get more time in the guts.... you're right - he's quick, agile/slippery and uses the ball well invariably.

Pretty hard at it too - much to the chagrin of his shoulders!

houston will most likely go a victorian club that is in contention and offers the better contract....being close to vossy or silvagnis and what picks are given to port are prolly all secondary

given our cap squeeze filth will prolly offer a better contract and prolly get closer to satisfying ports pick requests
As it sits, right now today. Have a feeling that Austin is playing a very shrewd game. He knows Dan really wants us and in

the end he will accommodate Port imo. By playing it cool, he is showing his competence and we will get a fair deal in the

end. Have faith that come 5.00 pm on the last day, we can all have a frothy or two and celebrate the arrival of Dan and

some really promising kids. Including the Campo twins of course, but maybe I am dreaming.

Do we know what he’s really thinking - maybe not.

i don't have a view either way re Houston, I would rather he be like Mark McKenzie and have solutions for our needs before we get to the trade period rather than making it up on the run.

I don't have a view either way re Houston, I would rather he be like Mark McKenzie and have solutions for our needs before we get to the trade period rather than making it up on the run.
You and I have zero idea what Austin’s thinking or doing other than what he wants us to think.

Chill Winston!

lock stock and two smoking barrels poker GIF

As it sits, right now today. Have a feeling that Austin is playing a very shrewd game. He knows Dan really wants us and in

the end he will accommodate Port imo. By playing it cool, he is showing his competence and we will get a fair deal in the

end. Have faith that come 5.00 pm on the last day, we can all have a frothy or two and celebrate the arrival of Dan and

some really promising kids. Including the Campo twins of course, but maybe I am dreaming.
Ok - I'm now eagerly waiting for the end of trade period....Wednesday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back