Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Young is just as good as Zirk-thatcher any day of the week. Better, imo.

As for Ratugolea, Port were so confident in him as a KPD, they played him as a KPF!
Buggered if I know how it happened but BZT came 7th in the Port B&F

Uwland came 2nd for GCS so I can't see why they think they need Noble and Rioli. Admittedly I haven't seen anything from GCS saying they are. Knowing GCS they will give him a 4 yr deal and he will be playing 2s in a couple of years.

The Fact Young has played 10 less games despite playing two years longer suggests otherwise.

Young is just as good as Zirk-thatcher any day of the week. Better, imo.

As for Ratugolea, Port were so confident in him as a KPD, they played him as a KPF!
the Zerk-Thatcher comparison is deeply accurate - they are very similar players - good in the air - terrible and slow with ball in hand

Richmond got pick 42 compensation for Graham. Which is bizarre given what Battle generated. That special sauce the AFL use is mighty special.

Anyway, can’t see them trading 42 or us wanting it.
The special sauce is for teams who haven't won a premiership for a while or an interstate club non footy state club to give them a leg up, or Collingwood. The rest get fair value or nothing in Carlton's case (e.g. Waite).

The secret compo formula the AFL refuses to provide transparency over is obviously deeply flawed...to the point you would be better off just having a panel of experts deciding. I like the idea that the team getting the player is penalised draft points but some would argue it might restrict player movement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not in the go all in on Houston camp but surely if he just nominated the Blues the Pies back down and we can get a deal sorted out with what's available to us. Maybe the Pies don't go so hard for the Suns pick?
Houston isn't nominating because it helps Port get the best deal. He probably won't nominate a club until he is 100% sure that club is willing to pay the assets Port want.

The secret compo formula the AFL refuses to provide transparency over is obviously deeply flawed...to the point you would be better off just having a panel of experts deciding. I like the idea that the team getting the player is penalised draft points but some would argue it might restrict player movement?

If they can't get rid of compo completely, just get rid of the first 2 Bands, so that Band 1 becomes after your 2nd round pick. Gives a bonus to a poor team as opposed to a top team, but much lower stakes.
1st round is uncompromised, and the bottom teams don't get screwed on their early 2nds.

my thoughts are picks only land at the end of rounds, and when the contract value & length is considered it needs to be compared against other free agents rather than the rest of the playing pool as it's clearly a different (heavily inflated) market. Eliminates the first round being compromised by compensation picks, but also pushes quite a few of the current band 1 & band 2 picks back as they're being compared to FA contracts rather than trade and extension contracts.

If a cellar dweller gets ravaged then the afl would step in for some form of additional assistance anyway, like they have with North and GCS.

If they can't get rid of compo completely, just get rid of the first 2 Bands, so that Band 1 becomes after your 2nd round pick. Gives a bonus to a poor team as opposed to a top team, but much lower stakes.
1st round is uncompromised, and the bottom teams don't get screwed on their early 2nds.
maybe make band 1 - two end of first round picks - i dont hate the pick 11 for band 1 either

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back