Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

We also have the advantage of knowing 33 likely gets swallowed by a campo bid so can throw it in to get a trade over the line without losing much.
Will be interesting how we go with #34.
If we can get another 1st in, are we committed to taking both Campos in the ND, and therefore happy to move it?
Or, are we hopeful no bid comes for Lucas, and maybe Ben bid later, so we can take it as a 3rd higher pick?

It's an unusual year. Whilst this is a strong draft class (which would normally make it tough to move up) there are plenty of clubs who either have loads of first round picks or academy bid situations.

Lions (20), Goldcoast (13), Essendon (9) all have picks that they need to move out due to bids

Richmond (assuming the freo trade goes through) will have 1,6,10,14,18 plus 3-4 2nd rounders that they don't even have list spots for.

GWS have 15,16,21.

As far as competition it's not as stiff as it seems. Any team that is a realistic chance of finishing bottom 6 can't be trading F1 for a teens pick this year. Other clubs have their currency tied up in trades.

I personally would only want our F1 involved if the pick is
We also have the advantage of knowing 33 likely gets swallowed by a campo bid so can throw it in to get a trade over the line without losing much.

The trading into this draft is looking more like being on draft night outside for the Richmond and GWS picks. They will be able to auction on the night to who they believe is the highest bidder.

Even the Brisbane and Essendon picks could be traded after the trade period if the are not involved in a trade. I think pick swaps can occur up until a week before the draft and then on draft night.

We’ve still got another month of this after next Wednesday. It’s going to be a slow burn this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cornes has said something like the below this morning (paraphrasing heavily here)
  • Enormous faith in the Camporeale twins, value acquisition for years to come
  • Likes the strategy Carlton have taken in the trade period so far
  • Said we've tabled our offer to GCS and won't make any changes to it, just waiting for the call
  • Said we should be happy if we get him and happy if we don't

What interested me most, was the wraps on the Campos, given he is a South Australian himself he'd have a good line of sight on the boys and hear a lot about their development

The trading into this draft is looking more like being on draft night outside for the Richmond and GWS picks. They will be able to auction on the night to who they believe is the highest bidder.

Even the Brisbane and Essendon picks could be traded after the trade period if the are not involved in a trade. I think pick swaps can occur up until a week before the draft and then on draft night.

We’ve still got another month of this after next Wednesday. It’s going to be a slow burn this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Lions and GC will offload their 1st rounders during the trade period. They'll want to know ahead of time how many points they have to work with.

Richmond will need to consolidate their picks too. They can only take as many picks into the draft as they have list spots so they'd be blowing a bunch of 2nd rounders if they wait till the draft.

GWS could wait and see what players are available at 15 and 16 but may also be negotiable now. Essendon I think hold 9 till draft night and have a couple of options lined up in case of a kako bid.

I wish Andrew Mackie was a troll because I feel like him offering SDK in a trade for Jacob Weitering would be hilarious. Maybe then the whole SDK thing can finally die the death it deserves. It’s not happening.

I wish Andrew Mackie was a troll because I feel like him offering SDK in a trade for Jacob Weitering would be hilarious. Maybe then the whole SDK thing can finally die the death it deserves. It’s not happening.
Damn I hate Geelong (Jealous) Oliver will take a paycut to go there, that's saying something..

See I thought they were mortgaging their future too until I remembered they are getting mcguanes kid next year whose a top 5 pick

So they aren’t losing anything
Agree, just as we’ll have Camporeale boys this year , very exciting NGA’s Tyson Gresham , Jack Ison and Mingara Clarke next year and the elite Cody Walker in 2026.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornes has said something like the below this morning (paraphrasing heavily here)
  • Enormous faith in the Camporeale twins, value acquisition for years to come
  • Likes the strategy Carlton have taken in the trade period so far
  • Said we've tabled our offer to GCS and won't make any changes to it, just waiting for the call
  • Said we should be happy if we get him and happy if we don't

What interested me most, was the wraps on the Campos, given he is a South Australian himself he'd have a good line of sight on the boys and hear a lot about their development

He's got strong links to glenelg so would have the inside word.

I think they're both being well underrated and feel behind the scenes we've had a role in that.

Yes, stats don’t always show the full picture, but I’d absolutely argue that half back is nowhere near a position of need, no matter how elite.

I’d also argue that Newman is not that far off of Houston in terms of kicking ability, and he’s a better defender.

We are ok.

If we get Houston at our price, perfect, if not, we move forward.

69a8d853ea08366cc77c2d711f17c64e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bravo. It's not that Houston isn't a good player or that he wouldn't improve us, at least marginally.

It's more that it's not really an area of great need. And we're going to be worse off in the long term if we don't address those needs.

After all we didn't chase Houston, Melbourne all but had him till they blew up. If he fall in our lap great. If he was priced higher than we wanted to pay we move on and hopefully forward.

He's got strong links to glenelg so would have the inside word.

I think they're both being well underrated and feel behind the scenes we've had a role in that.
Just based on what I've seen of Ben I can't see any players other than Cripps, Pendlebury and Bont that I can relate him to

So yes, suspect he is being heavily underrated for sure

Bravo. It's not that Houston isn't a good player or that he wouldn't improve us, at least marginally.

It's more that it's not really an area of great need. And we're going to be worse off in the long term if we don't address those needs.

After all we didn't chase Houston, Melbourne all but had him till they blew up. If he fall in our lap great. If he was priced higher than we wanted to pay we move on and hopefully forward.
If bringing an elite ball user - a quarterback essentially - into our best 22 is not "an area of great need", I don't know what is!

(at the right price, of course)

Grow him a nice meth farm and he’ll be content. No money necessary.
Melbourne is about to emplode. President left, missed finals, drug related issues to a number of players, their best player is jaded and worried about his brand and the medical departments treatment of him, their captain a great player but getting old and not the sharpest tool in the shed.

They should've moved Goody on last year in my opinion, something just doesn't feel right... I feel if they got a better father figure-eque coach they would've scored another premiership and not just the Covid season affected one.

If bringing an elite ball user - a quarterback essentially - into our best 22 is not "an area of great need", I don't know what is!

(at the right price, of course)
It's gonna be a case of sitting back watching to see the win vs loss situation of #12 vs Houston for many years to come.
Another which club won out of the Juddy vs Kennedy situation,i can just hear it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back