Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

What high picks has Austin missed on?
I wouldn't worry too much he is bloody good at this game.

Yeah true, but none of these players were picked by Austin.

Austin is not a wizard: Durdin, Motlop, Moir, Hollands. Jury is out on all of these kids.

And everyone had Dow at pick 3 or thereabouts, many pundits had him at 1.

A suggestion on the Eagles board was #3 and #63 for #12, #14, whatever we get for Kennedy and Moir.

I'd hope we ran from that at a great rate of knots.

This is potentially in the works because the Eagles need something. We are not necessarily chasing it hard.
If we give up Moir we are not looking at a flag window now.

Austin is not a wizard: Durdin, Motlop, Moir, Hollands. Jury is out on all of these kids.

And everyone had Dow at pick 3 or thereabouts, many pundits had him at 1.
His record at multiple clubs is proof that he’s pretty good at the caper. Jury is out on second round picks btw? Geelong and Sydney have horrible recent records in the first round, does that mean they’re not that great?

I'll start by saying I haven't paid hardly any attention to this draft crop. So I'm not too familiar with the names/players linked to pick 3.

It does scare me trading up to pick 3. If we do this deal we have invested two 1sts and a 2nd round pick to secure it.

Thats a hell of alot for 1 untested kid. We would want to nail this pick.

Fans will lose their minds over Draper kicking in my view.
I wonder if people who have invested time looking at the draft kids may lose sight of the bigger picture. It's great if we bring in a gun mid. Hopefully fast.
But we need a lot of help in defense. Have just delisted 2 there and have 2 injury prone there still. Defense did not work well for huge parts of last year.

If we are going to give up a potentially elite forward with x factor in Moir, for 1 mid, in stead of the options 2 picks give us
It may be time for me to eat Bessie's straw hat. And she will not be happy.

I'll start by saying I haven't paid hardly any attention to this draft crop. So I'm not too familiar with the names/players linked to pick 3.

It does scare me trading up to pick 3. If we do this deal we have invested two 1sts and a 2nd round pick to secure it.

Thats a hell of alot for 1 untested kid. We would want to nail this pick.
I'm with you...Dow vibes scare me.
With 12 & 14 I think we can add quality still...

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LDU and Cerra will be 10+ year footballers. Dow will not be.

My point is putting all our eggs (12, F1 and F2) into one basket (3) is a risky move.

12, F1 and F2 on the trade market would get you an A+ player on the trade market. And Pick 3 is an untried footballer. It’s risky.

You don’t hit every pick every time. We f**ked pick 3 in the past and many many other high picks - Dow, SPS, Philp, OBrien, Stocker, Lucas, Boekhurst, Bootsma, etc etc

My view is it is VERY hard to trade for AA quality players. It is not very difficult to trade for depth and solid players.

It is very hard to draft AA quality. Needle in a haystack outside the top ten in my view. A top 5 pick in a well regarded draft is a great chance of finding an AA player. In this draft you require very little imagination to see AA for sure in Lalor and Smith in my view. Would have said same about O’Sullivan but he hasn’t had a good year. You’d pick him thinking of him at his best. Good chance he becomes that and that’s top shelf footy.

if they see O’Sullivnas issues this year as a blip then he would be in their bracket with Lalor and Smith as ve try highly probably afl quality in future

I wonder if people who have invested time looking at the draft kids may lose sight of the bigger picture. It's great if we bring in a gun mid. Hopefully fast.
But we need a lot of help in defense. Have just delisted 2 there and have 2 injury prone there still. Defense did not work well for huge parts of last year.

If we are going to give up a potentially elite forward with x factor in Moir, for 1 mid, in stead of the options 2 picks give us
It may be time for me to eat Bessie's straw hat. And she will not be happy.
Where is the talk of Moir from???

A suggestion on the Eagles board was #3 and #63 for #12, #14, whatever we get for Kennedy and Moir.

This is potentially in the works because the Eagles need something. We are not necessarily chasing it hard.
This is fantasy land stuff. Not happening. Three live options still being considered (none of them involve Moir)

1. Turn 12 and 14 into 3 and some extra Campo points
2. Take 12 and 14 to the draft
3. Trade 12 for Houston and take 14 to the draft (if Pies / Suns / Power falls over)

I rate the likelihood in that order.

My view is it is VERY hard to trade for AA quality players. It is not very difficult to trade for depth and solid players.

It is very hard to draft AA quality. Needle in a haystack outside the top ten in my view. A top 5 pick in a well regarded draft is a great chance of finding an AA player. In this draft you require very little imagination to see AA for sure in Lalor and Smith in my view. Would have said same about O’Sullivan but he hasn’t had a good year. You’d pick him thinking of him at his best. Good chance he becomes that and that’s top shelf footy.

if they see O’Sullivnas issues this year as a blip then he would be in their bracket with Lalor and Smith as ve try highly probably afl quality in future
People seem to rate Draper more. It's funny thay we'd go for the injury prone kid over the other dont you think? Ironic!

Anyway...do we rate Yazz? Do we know them? Is Yazz actually that other poster who posted tomes for a few days then disappeared?
Or are they known?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fantasy land stuff. Not happening. Three live options still being considered (none of them involve Moir)

1. Turn 12 and 14 into 3 and some extra Campo points
2. Take 12 and 14 to the draft
3. Trade 12 for Houston and take 14 to the draft (if Pies / Suns / Power falls over)

I rate the likelihood in that order.
I like that order

Lalor has already suffered a serious hamstring injury. Not sure you'd want to risk taking a player this high. Plays a really difficult position too. Similar to Humphries at Gold Coast. Finn is another that just doesn't do it for me. Not sure what all the hype is tbh.

I'd prefer we take the two first round picks in this draft every day of the week.

Yes i do have a problem with it if someone more highly rated is not surprisingly taken before and then becomes available but we stick to the lesser rated player because we already made up our minds.

Say Lalor is rated at pick 1 by EVERYONE and Richmond and North dont pick him. And we never thought him to be available to us so didnt think it was possible. Dont you think we should change our mindset?

And are we loving O’Sulliva
Isn’t that what you want? Conviction in your draft choice is a bad thing now?

Yes it actually is bad if someone we considered going to Richmond or North and didnt think it was possible to get him is passed over but we stuck with our original decision because we were too lazy to change our mind or got emotionally invested in that player and fully look at all players even if we didnt think they were a possibility for us.

We have done this many times. Eg We took Yarran when Daniel Rich was passed over. That turned out well. And we passed over Uniake Davis too, for i cant remember who. That turned out well.

Sure there are other examples too.

And i fear because O’Sullivan is Walsh’s cousin, we could be a bit more biased towards him.

For those who know the draft, if Lalor, Draper were there would you taken them over O’Sullivan ?

We need an explosive midfielder with good skills. That’s all i know.

I just want us to make the right decision as we have given up so much already in this draft.

I like it dont get me wrong but i just dont trust us to make the right decisions based on the past.

If DBG is not aggressive/hard, do not want. Carlton seem intent on collecting the softest backline in history.

It's a basic premise that the defenders are tougher and the forwards are more talented. Only Carlton are getting it wrong.

Our backline is more suited to stamp collecting
or playing mtg.

Young apparently changed his name via deed poll from Phil Atelist...

Yes i do have a problem with it if someone more highly rated is not surprisingly taken before and then becomes available but we stick to the lesser rated player because we already made up our minds.

Say Lalor is rated at pick 1 by EVERYONE and Richmond and North dont pick him. And we never thought him to be available to us so didnt think it was possible. Dont you think we should change our mindset?

And are we loving O’Sulliva

Yes it actually is bad if someone we considered going to Richmond or North and didnt think it was possible to get him is passed over but we stuck with our original decision because we were too lazy to change our mind or got emotionally invested in that player and fully look at all players even if we didnt think they were a possibility for us.

We have done this many times. Eg We took Yarran when Daniel Rich was passed over. That turned out well. And we passed over Uniake Davis too, for i cant remember who. That turned out well.

Sure there are other examples too.

And i fear because O’Sullivan is Walsh’s cousin, we could be a bit more biased towards him.

For those who know the draft, if Lalor, Draper were there would you taken them over O’Sullivan ?

We need an explosive midfielder with good skills. That’s all i know.

I just want us to make the right decision as we have given up so much already in this draft.

I like it dont get me wrong but i just dont trust us to make the right decisions based on the past.
If you want a good example:

We took Gibbs over Joel Selwood and look at what he achieved let alone be captain of his premiership teams.

Thanks for that Sticks...

Moir is from SA for a start.... he's not going WA

I think WC fans have picked up on this and have ran away with it, “Mum’s parents were both born in Burma. They were over in WA, they came to Australia and living in Perth all their life. That’s where they had Mum, and Mum came over to Adelaide in 2001 with Dad. They met through Taekwondo in the 1990s. It’s a weird story!”

Remove Moir and that’s probably where it sits imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back