Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly, but that's more an indictment on them than anything else. Still, if we could recapture his best form he's a genuine match winner and 'should' compliment Curnow and Mckay as a 3rd marking option
Cumberland's National Draft Combine performance has propelled his value once again, finishing fifth in the 20m sprint (2.931 seconds) and eighth in the agility test (8.208 seconds). His speed shows on-field too as he breaks the lines on the outside and takes on his opponents at will.
1729841230571.png
https://central.rookieme.com › afl

Noah Cumberland Draft Profile - Aussie Rules Rookie Me Central (formerly AFL ...

In a year where Richmond finished dead last and regularly had 15+ players on their injury list, Cumberland managed just 7 matches. Played 10 games in the VFL. Averages about 7 disposals a match. In his 7 AFL matches kicked 6 goals. No better in the VFL - 8 goals in 10 matches.

Had one half-decent year 2 years ago, has been terrible since. Would rather play Fanta.

In a year where Richmond finished dead last and regularly had 15+ players on their injury list, Cumberland managed just 7 matches. Played 10 games in the VFL. Averages about 7 disposals a match. In his 7 AFL matches kicked 6 goals. No better in the VFL - 8 goals in 10 matches.

Had one half-decent year 2 years ago, has been terrible since. Would rather play Fanta.

Would rather play Kerridge.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Something has sapped the guy of confidence and he's been ordinary ever since. His best form is better than any of our current small forwards have shown. If we can get him back to his early form from when the Tigers weren't complete garbage on field I think he'd be a good addition.

Worth a punt or a train on spot at least imo, worst case he's clogging our list for a year on minimum $ and we boot him at the end of the year. Best case we get an impactful small forward for free which we've been crying out for.

Something has sapped the guy of confidence and he's been ordinary ever since. His best form is better than any of our current small forwards have shown. If we can get him back to his early form from when the Tigers weren't complete garbage on field I think he'd be a good addition.

Worth a punt or a train on spot at least imo, worst case he's clogging our list for a year on minimum $ and we boot him at the end of the year. Best case we get an impactful small forward for free which we've been crying out for.

It’s much like a guy like Young on our list. If a player knows they aren’t in the coaches best 22 they can get robbed of all confidence. Then when they get a call up they play with fear as they know any mistake and they’ll be dropped. In that situation it’s natural to lose a bit of hope and motivation. Not every player is a robot, they have human emotions and human reactions. Cumberland on the cheap could be a handy pickup. We’re not exactly stocked with half forwards having just released Martin and also Kennedy. Think we’d be looking more so at a DBG or Phillips tall defender type with our tight list spots though.

It’s much like a guy like Young on our list. If a player knows they aren’t in the coaches best 22 they can get robbed of all confidence. Then when they get a call up they play with fear as they know any mistake and they’ll be dropped. In that situation it’s natural to lose a bit of hope and motivation. Not every player is a robot, they have human emotions and human reactions. Cumberland on the cheap could be a handy pickup. We’re not exactly stocked with half forwards having just released Martin and also Kennedy. Think we’d be looking more so at a DBG or Phillips tall defender type with our tight list spots though.
I think Young is a great comparison! When up and about there's a genuine player there. When he's down he's absolutely awful. There's seemingly no in between for some reason.

Whether we could get the best out of Cumberland is another question entirely, but I'd be all for it. I think he's a serious talent at his best.

I think Young is a great comparison! When up and about there's a genuine player there. When he's down he's absolutely awful. There's seemingly no in between for some reason.

Whether we could get the best out of Cumberland is another question entirely, but I'd be all for it. I think he's a serious talent at his best.

Yep Young is a decent player when he’s backed in and has some time to find his confidence. I could be wrong here but I thought in an interview when he came across to us he mentioned dealing with depression. I could be mixing him up with someone else but would explain the need to show him a bit of love and back him in.

As long as it’s a 1 year deal, I’d be OK with Cumberland. Say we get a midfield injury and Elijah goes in to cover there (or someone else), rotations and structure get impacted. Cumberland could slot into the half forward flank.

This could be a right interpretation but i then think we have too many of these type of players in Young, Kemp, (previously Fisher). I think Mcgovern plays safely to keep his spot.

We don't need to add more. We need to add determined/'sure' players. If not, the calamity of Young/Kemp types rub off. Do not want anymore near our player list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know whether Cumberland is a good choice for us. But I do know that I just watched Callum Ah Chee turn in a great finals series for the Lions.

One of the keys to a flag is being able to turn underperforming players at other sides into performing players at your club. We haven’t been much good at this practice over time. But now is a good time to turn it around!

I don’t know whether Cumberland is a good choice for us. But I do know that I just watched Callum Ah Chee turn in a great finals series for the Lions.

One of the keys to a flag is being able to turn underperforming players at other sides into performing players at your club. We haven’t been much good at this practice over time. But now is a good time to turn it around!
Uhh

Ah Chee was really good and developing really.well for gold coast.... Froma god awful team and organisation to a high quality one and moving into a prime age aaaaaaand he's hardly eclipsing what he had already been contributing...

1729845558860.png

Bit of a low risk high reward type selection if we take Cumberland.
But I can see why we would give him a go, as he has some speed ect we could do with, if he can get back to his form a couple of years back

Uhh

Ah Chee was really good and developing really.well for gold coast.... Froma god awful team and organisation to a high quality one and moving into a prime age aaaaaaand he's hardly eclipsing what he had already been contributing...

View attachment 2151787
All right then. Knock back the Ah Chee comparison. Be my guest. But I am sure the general principle holds. Go through premiership sides over the past twenty years, and I guarantee you will find players who underperformed at their previous club and then became solid players at the flag winning side.

Is Ethan Phillips an upgrade on Lewis Young? Is he that genuine lockdown defender to free up Weitering?

We’ve expressed interest in Noah Cumberland.

He's got the talent. Just needed a bit of an attitude adjustment from what I've read around the traps. Moneyball selection.

Bring me him and Ethan Phillips. Forget DGB.

Carlton is linked to player X
Carlton delists player Y
Carlton trades player Z

Cue Big Footy comment on Fantasia.

The desire to ridicule and have a whipping boy is mind blowing.
Helps that he’s not very good.

Sometimes a whipping boy is just a very bad list & MC decision - I call it the Cam O’Shea principle - sometime the status is well deserved

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back