Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's now IN: Blake Acres, Pick 49 (compo for Jones) and OUT: 2023 R3

If we can upgrade 49 with Dow for an early 2nd rounder, that'll do me.

Draft with 10*, early 2nd (target North pick/s they no doubt get from JHF), 28 and upgrade Owies late.

Happy days.
Nobody really wasn't dow, not enough to give anything of value up anyway.

If he goes, it'll be for a pick neither of us really want.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which club/s need points this year? Brisbane?

They have pick 33. Say we trade Dowy for ~45 (around Saints R3 range).

I wonder if they'd consider 45 and 47 for 33.

Gives us another bite of the apple in the second round.

Would love #15 but reckon they'll need the points there to offset their two young guns.

I do wonder how they're going to get Dunkley, mind you.
Reckon its worth a shot, its challenging and will asistst our position and I trust Austin & Agrestia will be diligent & competent in selecting some great young talent.

Which club/s need points this year? Brisbane?

They have pick 33. Say we trade Dowy for ~45 (around Saints R3 range).

I wonder if they'd consider 45 and 47 for 33.

Gives us another bite of the apple in the second round.

Would love #15 but reckon they'll need the points there to offset their two young guns.

I do wonder how they're going to get Dunkley, mind you.
Yep that's exactly what I'd be doing.

Just a guess but I reckon Dow could do well at Geelong, Hawks or Essendon. Bit of talk that West Coast were interested too. I've designed a couple scenarios with each club...

Dow + pick 62 + 64 --> Pick 39 (WC)
Pick 39 + 49 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 191 points (pick 57) for F/S
You could do a same trade with Essendon instead of WC but with pick 41 for Dow, provides Brisbane with a surplus of 157 points.

Dow --> Pick 50 (Hawthorn)
Pick 49 + 50 + 62 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 141 points (pick 61) for F/S

Dow --> Pick 57 + future 4th (North)
Pick 49 + 57 + 62 + 64 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 151 points (pick 60) for F/S

Yep that's exactly what I'd be doing.

Just a guess but I reckon Dow could do well at Geelong, Hawks or Essendon. Bit of talk that West Coast were interested too. I've designed a couple scenarios with each club...

Dow + pick 62 + 64 --> Pick 39 (WC)
Pick 39 + 49 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 191 points (pick 57) for F/S
You could do a same trade with Essendon instead of WC but with pick 41 for Dow, provides Brisbane with a surplus of 157 points.

Dow --> Pick 50 (Hawthorn)
Pick 49 + 50 + 62 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 141 points (pick 61) for F/S

Dow --> Pick 57 + future 4th (North)
Pick 49 + 57 + 62 + 64 --> Pick 34 (Brisbane) - surplus of 151 points (pick 60) for F/S
62 and 64 have already slid to 66 and 68

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 2 x 4th rounders we can chuck in as well, assuming that we will only use 3 picks. Pushes the points value up a bit
I must admit that I find it a bit strange that Austin would only takes three picks in the draft, as we already have seven players off our list and if Dow goes that`s eight, and even allowing for Acres coming onto the list that would still leave four list spots vacant after picking three players in the draft, so why wouldn`t Austin take more picks.....unless he is lining up some delisted players...?

I must admit that I find it a bit strange that Austin would only takes three picks in the draft, as we already have seven players off our list and if Dow goes that`s eight, and even allowing for Acres coming onto the list that would still leave four list spots vacant after picking three players in the draft, so why wouldn`t Austin take more picks.....unless he is lining up some delisted players...?
Right now we have 3 spots vacant. That includes upgrading Owies to the senior list, which must happen.

Right now we have 3 spots vacant. That includes upgrading Owies to the senior list, which must happen.
How is it three as I know the club chopped 6 players and I realize Jones was off the list from last year, but didn`t that leave us one short or was that filled by Sam Durdin being brought in?

How is it three as I know the club chopped 6 players and I realize Jones was off the list from last year, but didn`t that leave us one short or was that filled by Sam Durdin being brought in?
Out: Hayes, McDonald, Newnes, Parks, Stocker, Williamson, (Jones) (6/7)
In: Blake Acres (1)

Excluding Jones, we had 41 out of a possible 42 spots filled on our senior plus Rookie A list. We then added Hayes and Durdin mid-year, taking it to 43.

We lose the 6 above, making it 37. We add Acres, 38. Owies must be upgraded from Cat-B Rookie to Senior list (been on rookie list too long). So that makes 39. 42-39=3

Hopefully Carlton can use Dow as leverage with them to swap first round picks so we can move forward in the draft.....if Hawthorn agreed to that of course!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might just be me but the annual equating of picks to points does my head in. It's a way of administrating trades, not a realistic assessment of relative value. Like, pick 1 is worth more than however many third rounder make up the equivalent number of points.
Me too , you could give me the whole third 4th and 5th round I would still use pick 10 and 28 but somehow that’s better than pick 1 and 2

As in more on Tempe way this trade period? Or more good days in general? Either way, I like it 💙

More good days ahead but now that Liam compo and Acres are through the door we still have Dow to get done.

I think we're positioned very well to attack the rest of the trade period. Things will shake loose and quite possibly within our budget and means of getting things done.

There's no way the club puts it feet up now.

62 and 64 have already slid to 66 and 68

They might have some more value in draft night. Brisbane and Essendon will need to stockpile picks for their father sons and our two fourth rounders will slip back into the 50’s. We might be able to live trade them into a future 3rd rounder from either Bombers or Brisbane and replace the pick we gave up for Acres.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back