Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Animation Love GIF by doodles

Speaking to a former Saints great

Stephen Milne?

Such a great of St Kilda that he literally became everything St Kilda represents in the closing stages of the 2010 Grand Final.

Other than Sinclair, the others are just role players aren’t they?

Lots of mixed messages, I’d be surprised if they went scorched earth, I could see a few of their fringe players moved on and SOS trying to get a few extra picks in.

Who knows

List is rubbish!
They tried to lure a big name but none are interested as they know the list is rubbish. There is nothing wrong with a full rebuild now as it will get terribly compromised with the ‘Tassie’ affect in a couple of years…

We lived it and suffered for 10 years because of it. Thank his we are in a position that players want to come and we have a young list of stars…

Is Hunter Clark always injured?

I remember rating him highly

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
We'll get a better version in Ben Campo.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Outside of the Saints surely Melbourne and the Crows would have to be on the verge of an exodus after their years wouldn't they? The Saints is slim pickings even if they do indeed go down the rebuild route with SOS, but I reckon you could pick the eyeballs out of the Crom and Dees if players were wanting out. Some real quality amongst them imo.

List is rubbish!
They tried to lure a big name but none are interested as they know the list is rubbish. There is nothing wrong with a full rebuild now as it will get terribly compromised with the ‘Tassie’ affect in a couple of years…

We lived it and suffered for 10 years because of it. Thank his we are in a position that players want to come and we have a young list of stars…

Agree - my lowest point a Blues supporter was when Aker was leaving Brisbane and said he would go to any club except Carlton.

We have them lining up now.

Starting to wonder if "rebuild" is a career strategy for SOS. Almost guarantees a medium-long term position because it divorces the LM team from the on-field results.

If he's good at it, then why not?

Could bounce around every 5-6 years to help a club kickstarting a rebuild.

A freelance list rebuilder, if you will.

Not groundbreaking, and has been mentioned before.

But have it on fairly good authority that we've been in a brutal training load since the week of the GWS game - hence the blitzing 1st quarter then fade, with this week being the final week.

Seems a little bit risky to me, given there were no guarantees for top 4 three weeks ago (and still isn't), meaning they can't afford to drop many games, but anyway - clearly backing themselves which is good to see.

But have it on fairly good authority that we've been in a brutal training load since the week of the GWS game - hence the blitzing 1st quarter then fade, with this week being the final week.

Seems a little bit risky to me, given there were no guarantees for top 4 three weeks ago (and still isn't), meaning they can't afford to drop many games, but anyway - clearly backing themselves which is good to see.
I think someone reliable said that we weren't after another poster had said the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, another brainless high performance team decision after the debacle of the early season training block and fallout

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First I’m hearing that a club in serious contention would be doing brutal training during the season….particularly this close to end of season.

Clubs have been doing it for well over a decade - think Geelong invented it in their dynasty. Is usually for teams that have notched up a top 4 position though.

We're definitely not in the final week of a brutal training phase with a 5 day break and half the team battered.

Yeah no way they are doing it this week. I was told it was meant to be a 4 week block starting from the week before the GWS game, which doesn't seem outrageous.

Anyways just thought I'd pass it on, source was a consultant for the club.

Clubs have been doing it for well over a decade - think Geelong invented it in their dynasty. Is usually for teams that have notched up a top 4 position though.

Yeah no way they are doing it this week. I was told it was meant to be a 4 week block starting from the week before the GWS game, which doesn't seem outrageous.

I hope it's true as it'd help explain the drop off. But seems very unlikely.

Goes back to the Adelaide premiership teams of 97/98

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back