Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

If we did do a heavy training load I'd be looking at Russell's bank statements from any "interesting" transfers from people like Eddie and Co. Not even a the worst graduate from the institute of sport would be foolish enough to push for another heavy training load at this end of the season with our game style.

Clubs have been doing it for well over a decade - think Geelong invented it in their dynasty. Is usually for teams that have notched up a top 4 position though.

Yeah no way they are doing it this week. I was told it was meant to be a 4 week block starting from the week before the GWS game, which doesn't seem outrageous.

Anyways just thought I'd pass it on, source was a consultant for the club.

Keep posting what you hear, it's appreciated and no one here has the perfect record information wise

Keep posting what you hear, it's appreciated and no one here has the perfect record information wise
Echoing this

I had a very, very strong source at another club and he would get things wrong too, and that clubs fan base would smash me for it so I just stopped posting

A lot of moving parts in week to week footy

Echoing this

I had a very, very strong source at another club and he would get things wrong too, and that clubs fan base would smash me for it so I just stopped posting

A lot of moving parts in week to week footy

I get information on a semi regular basis, prefer to release it in different ways

Not groundbreaking, and has been mentioned before.

But have it on fairly good authority that we've been in a brutal training load since the week of the GWS game - hence the blitzing 1st quarter then fade, with this week being the final week.

Seems a little bit risky to me, given there were no guarantees for top 4 three weeks ago (and still isn't), meaning they can't afford to drop many games, but anyway - clearly backing themselves which is good to see.
Yep. Mentioned before. Thanks for confirming.

Joker Game Morse Code GIF by Funimation

Both Soapy V and xDQ82x said there was no truth to the heavy training load rumour.

I can tell you that a former player commented on FB that (paraphrasing) "I wish the club wouldn't train the players so hard at this point of the season. We didn't do it back in my day." It led to an interesting "times have changed" discussion involving a current player and a couple of oldies.

Therefore, a big training block isn't out of the question. It's also not out of the question that modern players would consider this to be quite normal.

I can tell you that a former player commented on FB that (paraphrasing) "I wish the club wouldn't train the players so hard at this point of the season. We didn't do it back in my day." It led to an interesting "times have changed" discussion involving a current player and a couple of oldies.

Therefore, a big training block isn't out of the question. It's also not out of the question that modern players would consider this to be quite normal.
What generation was this player from?

Might make sense if they're from the recent generation where we weren't in contention very often.

What generation was this player from?

Might make sense if they're from the recent generation where we weren't in contention very often.

The Crows were the team who ushered in the heavy training block before the finals after our last premiership.

Then the era of truly uber professionalism started.

They were before that.

The Crows were the team who ushered in the heavy training block before the finals after our last premiership.

Then the era of truly uber professionalism started.

They were before that.
That’s Neil Craig’s influence

When he came into Aussie rules from cycling he had a pretty clear (and correct) view that then aussie rules players did not train to a professional standard and went to work to fix that.

He was good for us when we had him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he came into Aussie rules from cycling he had a pretty clear (and correct) view that then aussie rules players did not train to a professional standard and went to work to fix that.

One of my fav Neil Craig memories was when he full on spat the dummy at Ivan Maric... then he apologised the next day.

Given the amount of money in the game today it's crazy to think that not too long before Craig came along that even top-line players had regular jobs outside of football to supplement their income and to give them something to transition readily to post-footy.

It shouldn't be a massive shock that their training standards weren't to a professional standard.

Given the amount of money in the game today it's crazy to think that not too long before Craig came along that even top-line players had regular jobs outside of football to supplement their income and to give them something to transition readily to post-footy.

It shouldn't be a massive shock that their training standards weren't to a professional standard.
Terry Wallace at the Bulldogs was also big on them being "professional". He massively increased the time players spent at the club due to being paid as "full timers".

Wow!!!
I was just told that Melbourne are into Cerra big time to replace Brayshaw in their midfield.
I haven't heard this but apparently Cerra actually wanted to go to the Demons before he nominated us but the Dees wouldn't have been able to facilitate a trade.
Now this came from someone who has never had any inside info before so don't take it as gospel. Just passing on what I was told.

Wow!!!
I was just told that Melbourne are into Cerra big time to replace Brayshaw in their midfield.
I haven't heard this but apparently Cerra actually wanted to go to the Demons before he nominated us but the Dees wouldn't have been able to facilitate a trade.
Now this came from someone who has never had any inside info before so don't take it as gospel. Just passing on what I was told.
Interesting rumour. Would be beyond shocked if it eventuated, though. Melbourne would need to table a massive offer to Cerra and give us a top-10 pick if he was still contracted.

Both Soapy V and xDQ82x said there was no truth to the heavy training load rumour.
Now we're hearing that it's Jordan Russell who is saying we're having a very heavy training load from pre-game Triple MMM.

Wow!!!
Not at all true, know the family well, he went through the process with both clubs and choose Carlton.
This is not at all factual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back