News Board Nominations now with Poll

Pick your 2 nominees and it better not include Jamo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like think they all are genuine supporters, I know Klemich definitely is.

This might sound harsh, but the only appeal with Goodings is that he's a Channel 7 newsreader and is a favourite of the blue rinse brigade.

Maybe next year we can vote Keith Conlon onto the board too 🤣🤣

Yep, except I think our supporters have had enough of lawyers and accountants after having Chapman run the show. Also having someone like Fagan as a CEO who was very corporate. I get your point though.

It doesn't matter if you are indebted or if you aren't. The AFL will never let a club die now. Plenty of clubs get/have gotten AFL handouts and gone on to win premierships. I'd rather have our own member elected board and proper constitution, with the odd AFL handout here or there, than the current set up of being "financially independent" but getting reamed by the league every year and being their lapdogs because they own us.

If we need coin, we can still “put it on the house” with Rod “sack the players” Jamo on the board.

Good to see Jamo double down on his radio interview regarding hubs.

Attachments

• 52655213-68AE-4201-A7BD-0CAC3379FC12.jpeg
    52655213-68AE-4201-A7BD-0CAC3379FC12.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 105
Rod will just jump online for some supoorter engagement the day before the vote and get in again on name recognition.

As someone said on his Twitter account, funny how it became active again after six years when it was voting time.

As someone said on his Twitter account, funny how it became active again after six years when it was voting time.

The sad thing is that people just don't care that there's zero engagement from him, all they see is "JAMO" and blindly vote for him cos you know, it's JAMO !!!!

The big concern is that when Chapman left, he more or less admitted that after Robert Foord passed away there was a lack of future leadership on the board. Reappointing Jameson and voting in Goodings does little to address this as they were both voted for solely on name value rather than what they would bring to the table.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having multiple candidates will only help the recognised candidates, those that don't want to vote for someone like Jamo end up splitting their votes.

I definitely agree, however even if there was only two other candidates we still would have gotten the same result.

If you look at the numbers and also knowing how a reasonable portion of our supporter base thinks, you can almost bank on the fact that 99% of the Jamo voters would have also voted for Goodings.

Therefore it's fairly safe to assume that around 60% of the votes would have been Jamo/Goodings votes so unfortunately it wouldn't have made a difference to the end result.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Board Nominations now with Poll

Back