Brad Scott how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

He signed on fo four years and will have his first offseason/preseason now.

Our new CEO is also about to do a massive cleanout of the footy department is the rumour.

Listening to Brads press conference last night I think there will be some pretty big offseason fitness goals for some players.

He signed on fo four years and will have his first offseason/preseason now.

Our new CEO is also about to do a massive cleanout of the footy department is the rumour.

Listening to Brads press conference last night I think there will be some pretty big offseason fitness goals for some players.

Is the weapon available?

A lot of the Bombers problems appear to be off field. Think getting Scott in was the boards attempt to finally have a clean out but it's difficult when some of those that need to move on are in positions of power.

Scott will stick to his task, good luck with that Brad.

Anyway, trade period only weeks away, always a high point in Essendon's calendar

He has another couple years of grace.

Its all a predictable, glorious cycle:

Once those pesky finals are out of the way, attention can focus back on Essendon

- Firstly they will definitely win trade week. A big fish eg. Mckay will be landed at a bargain price, "North were absolutely fleeced by Adrian, hehehe"

- Secondly, Essendon will land a couple of flakely outside back flanker types, when they really need some big bodied grunt midfielders but nevertheless be declared as having a highly successful draft.

- Come January, their overrated one good game a month types will be declared burning up the track, think Stringrer, McGrath , Shiel

- come Februrary , their young hopefulls will get full page news articles about what fantastic futures they have, how we can expect a Hobbs break out season and Martin for All Australian

- April, May they ll have a postive win loss ratio and be in the the Eight, their fans will start puffing their chest out, bumping old threads where we were laughing at them and proudly declaring this seaon is different "suck shit Carlton, Hawks or North supporters"

-come July , Esendon will start getting flogged again and slip out of the eight back to their rightfull position around 10 -14. Essendon supporters will go quiet, and opposition supporters will bump the Dodoro thread and chortle.

- rinse and repeat

Last edited:
He'd want to watch himself with some the bizarre stuff he's pulling selection wise and the Resulties he's churning out...

Sheedy will be sharpening the knives for another Hird push and Dodoro will have no shame in whiteanting Scott to take the heat of his list fails.

He was just appointed to take the heat of Barham for a year or so. Now we can move onto our next victim - I mean, coaching aspirant. I just hope that whomever they appoint doesn’t say anything bad about our passionate and committed playing group, because it’s not their fault. Ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly came from his off season and the “fitness goals”.

The major knock on him to me is that Essendon players look completely disinterested in playing tough footy.

Now, you can say that’s a cultural issue, but when the head coach isn’t stamping down on that and dropping players for kids who will get stuck in, that’s now his problem.

Once those pesky finals are out of the way, attention can focus back on Essendon

- Firstly they will definitely win trade week. A big fish eg. Mckay will be landed at a bargain price, "North were absolutely fleeced by Adrian, hehehe"

- Secondly, Essendon will land a couple of flakely outside back flanker types, when they really need some big bodied grunt midfielders but nevertheless be declared as having a highly successful draft.

- Come January, their overrated one good game a month types will be declared burning up the track, think Stringrer, McGrath , Shiel

- come Februrary , their young hopefulls will get full page news articles about what fantastic futures they have, how we can expect a Hobbs break out season and Martin for All Australian

- April, May they ll have a postive win loss ratio and be in the the Eight, their fans will start puffing their chest out, bumping old threads where we were laughing at them and proudly declaring this seaon is different "suck shit Carlton, Hawks or North supporters"

-come July , Esendon will start getting flogged again and slip out of the eight back to their rightfull position around 10 -14. Essendon supporters will go quiet, and opposition supporters will bump the Dodoro thread and chortle.

- rinse and repeat
Spooky.

- rinse and repeat
Had to check the date lol, look at Nostril Damus here.. supporters going quiet is the only thing wrong.

Brad has publicly talked about an eight year plan, he's still got six years to run.

In that six years, the club will, as they always do, win a more trade periods for Brad, and draft some gun players so the necessary cleansing can be completed, and then finals will be back on the agenda. Winning a final, well that's a bit trickier.

In reality, Brad needs to make progress next year after two very ordinary seasons or else the club will move for a new messiah

I don't like his approach this year.

He's played tall sides in wet games.
He's playing key position players as wingman
And He's playing a forward press gameplan with a side that not good enough with their skills, and doesn't have defensive half forwards to play that aggressive setup.

And that's just the start of my gripe at his tactics.

Last edited:
He was just appointed to take the heat of Barham for a year or so. Now we can move onto our next victim - I mean, coaching aspirant. I just hope that whomever they appoint doesn’t say anything bad about our passionate and committed playing group, because it’s not their fault. Ever.
Yeh blame the coach and not the players. Much better making list changes first. Regardless if you make it or not, 2025 will decide his future.

I don't like his approach this year.

He's played tall sides in wet games.
He's playing key position players as wingman
And He's playing a forward press gameplan with a side that not good enough with their skills, and doesn't have defensive half forwards to play that aggressive setup.

And that's just the start of my gripe at his tactics.
Not a lot of flexibility with in game coaching either. The magnets never move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Scott how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back