Discussion BRENDON Goddard and Free Agency (Thread Closed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see Riewoldt missing from 13m out directly in front.

A couple weeks ago (against West Coast?) Riewoldt missed a snap around the corner goal like the one Koschitzke slotted.

You can highlight individual instances all you want, but the fact is that out of all our forward options, you'd want the ball in Koschitzke's hands after the siren to win the game. Hands down.

More rubbish about Riewoldt here too? He missed one from outside 50 and another from over 40m on an angle. Kicked some quality goals and created some others, got up the ground to create options, and was buffeted a number of times off the drop of the ball by opponents who had no intent to get the footy. A multiple B&F winner deserves a shitload more respect.

More rubbish about Riewoldt here too? He missed one from outside 50 and another from over 40m on an angle. Kicked some quality goals and created some others, got up the ground to create options, and was buffeted a number of times off the drop of the ball by opponents who had no intent to get the footy. A multiple B&F winner deserves a shitload more respect.

Not everyone is hanging him out to dry, but he can be criticised like anyone else, agree if you are saying that people don't need to get personal. Could say that about many players on here tonight though, lot of cheap verbalising going on.

IMO, some parts of his game fly directly in the face of what Watters is trying to achieve.

He needs to realise it's not soley up to him anymore, because we look much better when it's not, and he will realise that so does he.

A couple weeks ago (against West Coast?) Riewoldt missed a snap around the corner goal like the one Koschitzke slotted.

You can highlight individual instances all you want, but the fact is that out of all our forward options, you'd want the ball in Koschitzke's hands after the siren to win the game. Hands down.

Yea yea yea, Kosi is a superstar I get it now :D

Not everyone is hanging him out to dry, but he can be criticised like anyone else, agree if you are saying that people don't need to get personal. Could say that about many players on here tonight though, lot of cheap verbalising going on.

IMO, some parts of his game fly directly in the face of what Watters is trying to achieve.

He needs to realise it's not soley up to him anymore, because we look much better when it's not, and he will realise that so does he.

Don't mind criticism.

The tanty against Milera last week was inappropriate.

Giving away 50 was in the same boat (got to have a whinge, but then went again and paid the price), although that's hardly a trait for him.

But what's with all the other twat-dribble (you call it cheap verbalising which I guess is a bit nicer).

Goddard's not worth 650, Riewoldt's not worth 900 ... blah blah. These guys are guns. Richmond dropped a player back, and Riewoldt kept willing himself into good positions.

I'm amazed people get so slighted that after running as hard as he does, that he butchers the odd kick.

If he carries on like a d!ck, well that's something else.

Fair enough criticising Riewoldt on his goal kicking, it is still too inconsistent, but you can't ever criticise him on his workrate and commitment.

That being said, he is getting paid the big bucks to kick the big goals and he isn't kicking them enough.

On output at the moment Riewoldt and Blake should be getting paid the same.

Nobody going to join in?

@bjgoddard18

#pleasestayBJ

Worth a shot?

I'm not on twitter but I might have to sign up just to send Goddard a tweet.

That would be great.

It's really easy

Hit the blue bottom top right 'compose new tweet'

Then simply type in

@bjgoddard18 (insert your message here) #pleasestayBJ

He does tweet a bit saintsrfreak, quite often retweeting birthday wishes from fans etc.

Not sure he could ignore it, it will email whatever email address he has attached?

Not seeing how this will help keep him at club? Would be very freaking annoying getting your mentions flooded with people harassing you.

Not seeing how this will help keep him at club? Would be very freaking annoying getting your mentions flooded with people harassing you.

Not forcing anyone too, if you feel that way then don't participate.

Can't see how having supporters show how much they love you could be annoying.

Oh well :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's a bloody good idea, K. :thumbsu: If he's touch and go, hearing a lot of love from those who follow him and his team could help tip the scales in our favour. Doubt very much it's going to hurt.

Well come on then :)

Somebody, anybody.

Share the love :heart:

The fact is that even Brendon may not know how the future will plan out.

1. " I will never play for any other club than StKilda " = the club can screw me over because they know I'm not going anywhere.
2. " I'm waiting to see whats on the table " = "general public assume he's gone"
3. " IF he is going, he wont tell anyone "

What is the point of continually asking questions which have no answer.
Might as well ask him if there is an afterlife.

Brendon Goddard is the greatest player I have ever seen in the red, white and black. The Ol man would say Baldock or Ian Stewart. But I still reckon he's the best I have ever seen, given that I never had the vintage to watch a game that Baldock or Stewart played. 2nd would be Banger from what I've seen and closely followed by Plugger 3rd.

I think it would be best for the club hierarchy to talk to Brendon and look after him given the years of quality he has put on the field. He'll go to war for the Club every day of the week. That's undeniable.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, loved his on field leadership Friday night. Asked more of Gram, and Gram gave more.

He says follow me, and they do.

Not everyone can do that.

#pleasestayBJ

We shouldn't trade either, both are St Kilda champs.

Neither Goddard or Riewoldt are perfect but who is? I wouldn't trade them for anyone and want them to finish their careers as one club Saints players.

Well said Plugger35 but in this age we live in. :rolleyes:

[youtube]9paNJJqMn3c[/youtube]

Like Roo on Friday night. It's not personal, it's just business. Centrebet?

trading out players who are long servants of the club sends a terrible message to the playing group and any future players we try and recruit.

roo could have left us many times over his career for more $$$. same with dal santo and montagna

Yep you trade out your quality senior players and you end up like Melbourne, a bunch of talented young kids but with no one to lead them and show them the way.

The great thing with St Kilda over the last 20 years or so is that we have always had good quality senior players to lead the way for the next generation. Harvey, Lockett, Burke, Winmar and Loewe passed the baton to Hayes, Riewoldt, Kosi, Milne and Dal Santo who will then pass it on to the likes of Steven, Armitage, Stanley, Saad and Ledger.

Holding on to our quality senior players has been a big reason why we have remained relatively successful over the past 20 years. You don't trade experience and culture for speculative draft picks.

Well come on then :)

Somebody, anybody.

Share the love :heart:
I would if I had a Twitter account. Always thought it was a silly thing (tweeting about what you had for breakfast and so on, which is about all I heard it being used for early days), but now I'm starting to see a few good reasons to have one, so I expect I'll sign up soon enough and will prolly shoot his a message along those lines. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back