Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Figjam and Quo, both sellouts.
Status-Quo-Coles-ad.jpg

To be fair, it does seem as though they are cardboard cutouts placed on top of their real guitars.

A Telecaster on the left and a Stratocaster on the right with the pickups exposed.

Still ... it's a sandwich board.

To be fair, it does seem as though they are cardboard cutouts placed on top of their real guitars.

A Telecaster on the left and a Stratocaster on the right with the pickups exposed.

Still ... it's a sandwich board.
I'll bow to your superior knowledge, but I was sure one was a Gibson FlyBuys and the other a Wesfarmercaster.

Performing holding those guitars should have been enough of an embarrassment on its own, let alone what they did to their song.

C'mon mate. I admire their complete lack of humility (is that the word?). The original song was shite and they've made a mint out of a stupid Oz company. Tell me they're not laughing all the way to the proverbial. That song must have taken at least 5 minutes to write (generous)...use the Status Quo music template and change the words.

"Well-placed" sources?

A source who was very "well-placed" next to some old balding guy with a moustache at a lunch a couple of weeks ago who seemed to know what he was on about. :)

Interesting tidbit from another club in this article, to compare to the rumoured $2m figure we pay the Gabba:

venue expenses were up more than $200,000 to $1.61 million.

$400k less across a dedicated stadium (save for two weeks around Easter) and a brand new admin and training centre, compared to a shared facility and very dated training facilities.

Shows why our admin facilities and the Gabba deal are so vital to get sorted. We are paying top dollar for old facilities and a field we are hardly allowed to use. We then need big crowds to be able to make some decent money come game day.

My son played in a quasi GPS AFL league in the late 90's for IGS.

It's definitely bigger now it doesn't clash with any other football code
IGS in the late 90's. I don't recall an afl team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a strong rumor western district's ground may be up for grabs cause there stone broke and havent had any money for a long time
Could be a great spot for the lions to set up camp
Its close to the city good size ground but will need lots of dollars to upgrade

IGS in the late 90's. I don't recall an afl team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They definitely had one.

Paul Vines was captain in 1996 - he went on to play for Port in the SANFL and Subi in the WAFL winning premierships and a Simpson Medal.

His old man Warren Vines worked for the Bears as a recruiter and coached for a while down at the Western Magpies - given his Subi connection, he was no doubt involved in Heffernan Roper and the Scott brothers going to Subi in 2011.

They also definitely had a side in 97 & 98 as I know many blokes who played in it.

Definitely had a side, had a few blokes play school-boys rep Aussie Rules as well. A large number of the team from 97-98 were in my form class. For some reason the F-L surnames were over-represented in the AFL appreciation stakes. The season was kind of jammed in between Rugby/Soccer and Tennis/Basketball.

New CEO hasnt been here a year at all, and his job entails a lot more than finding a location. It isnt as easy as typing "training base" into realestate.com.au.

They need to find suitable locations, get costings, then research into weather it can be done or not. Then you have all kinds of levels of approvals to be done. It will be a long way off yet.

Hi boys and girls,
I heard rumours during the week that the Lions and the Broncos are both interested (only one will move there) in moving there home to the 70 hec of land available in Birkdale. Has anyone else heard that rumour?
I live in the area and think it would be a great location for a major sporting team to base themselves.

Anyone else hear anything?

Hi boys and girls,
I heard rumours during the week that the Lions and the Broncos are both interested (only one will move there) in moving there home to the 70 hec of land available in Birkdale. Has anyone else heard that rumour?
I live in the area and think it would be a great location for a major sporting team to base themselves.

Be surprised if it's the Broncos given they are expanding at Red Hill.

Hi boys and girls,

where abouts in Birkdale is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back